Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Website Design Challenge: Do You Know How This Was Done? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Design Challenge: Do You Know How This Was Done? (567 Views)

Impartfund.com Design Challenge / CSS Design Challenge extended till 14th November 2014 ... / How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Design Challenge: Do You Know How This Was Done? by Hackomania(m): 7:41am On Sep 24, 2013
I was surfing through the net when I found this on the website of the National Population Commission.
I'm not a guru web developer like most ogas here, but who knows how this was done
http://www.population.gov.ng/index.php/about-npc/nigeria-map
How were pins (with specific labels by state) integrated into the map.

Ciao
Re: Website Design Challenge: Do You Know How This Was Done? by Youngzedd(m): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
That is Google map.

I will check it out wella when I go on pc.
Re: Website Design Challenge: Do You Know How This Was Done? by Slyr0x: 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
It is google map. .

An iframe was actually being embedded on that page.

The original url is http://www.population.gov.ng/images/npc_map2.html
Re: Website Design Challenge: Do You Know How This Was Done? by yawatide(f): 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
The actual red "pins" were most likely implemented via the Google Maps API, using coordinates of the respective cities. If you study that API well, you will learn how to do even cooler stuff like causing the white "bubble" to show, on hover of the red pin, showing the data you please about the particular location wink

(1) (Reply)

Webmasters Pls Help Review This Site / Need Help On The Use Of Snort In Intrusion Detection Systems. / The Best Bulksms Management Script For Your Bulksms Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.