Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? (1597 Views)

Ekiti State University Students Rioting Now In Epe, Lagos. / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Students: What's Your GPA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by Anthony4578(m): 11:24am On Sep 24, 2013
While some are undergoing training in programming and other computer courses,others have enrolled for one technical trade or the other. What are you doing?
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by kennybelle: 11:38am On Sep 24, 2013
Well, i didn‘t know it would last this long; would have added more cash to my bank acct. But i‘m glad i‘ve been able to compile my notes n can say i‘m about 65% prepared 4 my exams, since d lecturers were not through with lectures before they embarked on their journey of no return!
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by Anthony4578(m): 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
kennybelle: Well, i didn‘t know it would last this long; would have added more cash to my bank acct. But i‘m glad i‘ve been able to compile my notes n can say i‘m about 65% prepared 4 my exams, since d lecturers were not through with lectures before they embarked on their journey of no return!
cool. i have been able to write two beautiful movie scripts that would shake nollywood.

1 Like

Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by timwezzb(m): 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I just thank GOD grin grin grin grin grin
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by Anthony4578(m): 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
timwezzb: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I just thank GOD grin grin grin grin grin
Really? so what have u been doing? thanking God i guess.lol
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by timwezzb(m): 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
Anthony4578:
Really? so what have u been doing? thanking God i guess.lol

Working with a Construction company as a side Enginer but am really an Accounting Student.........
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by Anthony4578(m): 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
timwezzb:

Working with a Construction company as a side Enginer but am really an Accounting Student.........
Wow! that is just fantastic! i wish i had such opportunity.am a physics student with much love for engineering
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by Anthony4578(m): 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
timwezzb:

Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by Anthony4578(m): 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2013
Mods,this has to be on FP pls
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by imperiouxx(m): 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
I no dey do anything, come see time play with my baby girl wella. She's pregnant now. Na curse I dey give ASUU and FG everyday! angry angry
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by Anthony4578(m): 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
imperiouxx: I no dey do anything, come see time play with my baby girl wella. She's pregnant now. Na curse I dey give ASUU and FG everyday! angry angry
Lol!
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by drstan(m): 6:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
.I have achieved alot.. I read a post on Nl am looking for the thread i read that post i cant find it, but anywhere the op of that thread is God will bless that op. The op was advising us to look for something doing around our area that is not a must that we must be paid, as a worker atleast we can go to a any bank around us, ask the manager or the person in charge if we can work in any area, even do is to sweep, or go to any hospitle ask them if there is anything we can do as a student, when i read it i was so challenge, that the next day i took my school ID and my departmental ID to the goverment hospital near my house, i met the laboratory scientist in the hospitle, i told him am a biochemistry student 2lv i explain the reason why i came, if he will give me the chance to be coming to hospital to learn one or two things, that i stay close to this place, he told me this is a goverment hospitle he is not the owner but i should come the next day, when went there the next day he was like so is this how i will be coming late, because i went there 11pm, since then i have been going there and the experience has been awesome, he teaches me everything i need to know, and sometimes he do give me money, my happiest moment was the day he told me to do RVS(HIV TEST) for a patient, and now he have given me the chance to be collecting blood sample from patients..:... Am just too happy for the strike now if i want to be truthfull with my self i will say i want the strike to continue.

1 Like

Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by drstan(m): 6:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mod fb na..
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by Anthony4578(m): 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
drstan: .I have achieved alot.. I read a post on Nl am looking for the thread i read that post i cant find it, but anywhere the op of that thread is God will bless that op. The op was advising us to look for something doing around our area that is not a must that we must be paid, as a worker atleast we can go to a any bank around us, ask the manager or the person in charge if we can work in any area, even do is to sweep, or go to any hospitle ask them if there is anything we can do as a student, when i read it i was so challenge, that the next day i took my school ID and my departmental ID to the goverment hospital near my house, i met the laboratory scientist in the hospitle, i told him am a biochemistry student 2lv i explain the reason why i came, if he will give me the chance to be coming to hospital to learn one or two things, that i stay close to this place, he told me this is a goverment hospitle he is not the owner but i should come the next day, when went there the next day he was like so is this how i will be coming late, because i went there 11pm, since then i have been going there and the experience has been awesome, he teaches me everything i need to know, and sometimes he do give me money, my happiest moment was the day he told me to do RVS(HIV TEST) for a patient, and now he have given me the chance to be collecting blood sample from patients..:... Am just too happy for the strike now if i want to be truthfull with my self i will say i want the strike to continue.
Mheeeen! This is damn encouraging! Thumbs up bro
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by DrArewa(f): 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
Iv completed all my guitar chords and i can now boldly say im a professional guitarist...m thru wit most of my research on psychology and all(im a medical student)..yea i also hv more tym for my music nd iv written and scored over fifteen songs,iv strt compiling ideas for my next book(i wuldnt av bin abl to do dis if nt for d strike) and off course iv gotten fatter and fresher!...p.s:i stil hate fg and ASUU

2 Likes

Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by adebayosun02: 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
First of all I will like to give respect to the person that open this tread also am encourage by the fellow who said she/he worked in a govt hospital, I hope this my post will encourage other student too.

The very week the strike was announced, I made a phone call to some of my ogas in a federal agency indicating my availability to work with them. Giving my background in Surveying and with my wealth of experience as a surveyor, av been working with the federal agency as a surveyor and this has avail me the opportunities to visit places like Kaduna n Abuja again, meet and interact with new and diverse professionals like Geologist, hydrologist. Am discovering new things and as well prospecting for some good things.......
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by drstan(m): 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
Anthony4578:
Mheeeen! This is damn encouraging! Thumbs up bro
thanks man!
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by Anthony4578(m): 10:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
adebayosun02: First of all I will like to give respect to the person that open this tread also am encourage by the fellow who said she/he worked in a govt hospital, I hope this my post will encourage other student too.

The very week the strike was announced, I made a phone call to some of my ogas in a federal agency indicating my availability to work with them. Giving my background in Surveying and with my wealth of experience as a surveyor, av been working with the federal agency as a surveyor and this has avail me the opportunities to visit places like Kaduna n Abuja again, meet and interact with new and diverse professionals like Geologist, hydrologist. Am discovering new things and as well prospecting for some good things.......
Mhen u guys are tha bomb
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by swagdon: 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nothing much just wanna apply application letter to Boko haram, since FG, no fit pay our lecturals. Make I try weda that place go favour me grin
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by chidozy15(m): 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
I have been sooooooooo useless, haven't done anything.....sheet!!! Never knew it wud last this long I have been sooooooooo useless, haven't done anything.....sheet!!! Never knew it wud last this long cry
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by tunetokheyno(m): 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
can i add to this post.........

lets start with my first accomplishments

i started naija lyrics video bay[a youtube channel where i put up naija songs with their lyrics]

while i was still doing that i produced 3 songs for friends abroad.the link to the songs are here[https://soundcloud.com/tunetokheyno]

then i applied to work as an intern in a web company, they liked me and now they are paying me even though i said i would work for free, 15 k plus staff bus plus a movie ticket for seeing movies at the galleria.life is sweet and honestly i dun wanna sch again...
cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by Anthony4578(m): 9:02am On Oct 12, 2013
tunetokheyno: can i add to this post.........

lets start with my first accomplishments

i started naija lyrics video bay[a youtube channel where i put up naija songs with their lyrics]

while i was still doing that i produced 3 songs for friends abroad.the link to the songs are here[https://soundcloud.com/tunetokheyno]

then i applied to work as an intern in a web company, they liked me and now they are paying me even though i said i would work for free, 15 k plus staff bus plus a movie ticket for seeing movies at the galleria.life is sweet and honestly i dun wanna sch again...
cool cool cool
Interesting!
Re: University Students,what Have You Achieved Since ASUU Went On Strike? by drstan(m): 8:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pls take this to d frnt page na @mod

(1) (Reply)

YABATECH 2014/2015 PART TIME FORMS FOR ALL LEVELS,ND AND HND / Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) / 2019 WAEC GCE Time Table Is Out - Click To Download PDF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.