Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Canalsat In South Africa - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Canalsat In South Africa (3846 Views)

DSTV,Canalsat,Mytv,MultiTV,Al jac sport channel, STRONG 5000,HD IC / Need Dstv,top Tv,canalsat Horizons,hitv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canalsat In South Africa by mathsa: 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

Can somebody help me on this. I am a french speaking person living in south africa and i would like to have all the possible help to have access to canalsat channels.
I do have a smartcard from them(purchased from congo)
I would like to know on which satellite i must point my dish. I don't mind if it is canalsat afrique or canalsat madagascar or reunion.

Thank you for your help
Re: Canalsat In South Africa by Marc33: 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hello mathsa, I am afraid you may not get canalsat afrique or even canalsat reunion from your current location unless you are prepared to use a big dish as the footprints of canalsat afrique on SES 4 (22W) and canalsat reunion on Eutelsat 16 (16E) do not cover your area. Furthermore unless I am wrong, canalsat afrique smart card is (was) not interchangeable with canalsat reunion smart card. You may still try though things are evolving so rapidly. Regards.

P.S. It seems that DSTV offers access to canalsat programmes in other parts of Africa, you may wish to check if the same kind of access is available in South Africa.
Re: Canalsat In South Africa by mathsa: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hi Marc33, thanks for your reply.
before trying the big dish i just want to confirm if the is a tiny possibility to get signal from eutelsat 16E with a 90cms dish as i am in pretoria.
I checked the footprint of eutelsat south east africa beam on satbeam it seems like from where i am i have coverage.
I checked the different dstv packages here there is no canalsat
Thank you
Re: Canalsat In South Africa by olenyi: 9:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
mathsa: Hi Marc33, thanks for your reply.
before trying the big dish i just want to confirm if the is a tiny possibility to get signal from eutelsat 16E with a 90cms dish as i am in pretoria.
I checked the footprint of eutelsat south east africa beam on satbeam it seems like from where i am i have coverage.
I checked the different dstv packages here there is no canalsat
Thank you

The southeast beam of Eutelsat 16 carrying the canalsat reunion package is shown below.

And for subsaharan africa;

I think the southeast beam covers your location.

And by the way, Dstv is currently offering a whole lot of french based channel packages for our francophone brothers.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canalsat In South Africa by Marc33: 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hello matsha, since you are in Pretoria, definitely you have to try Eutelsat 16 with your 90cm dish, making sure to finetune your (high quality) lnb skew as it can make a big difference for the reception. Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cccam Account For Zap 36e And Canal Reunion Parabole / Satellite Tracking / I Want Fta Installation And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.