Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Gate To The City Of Knowledge - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Gate To The City Of Knowledge (477 Views)

Du’as For Seeking Knowledge, And Taking Exams / Authenticity Of Hadith "I Am The City Of Knowledge And Ali Is Its Gate" / Even If They Hate It, Islam Remains The Fountain Of Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gate To The City Of Knowledge by AlBaqir(m): 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2013
"I am the city of knowledge and Ali is the gate. Nobody comes to the city except through the gate" ~holy prophet (saws)

I read with dismay the comment of the above-
mentioned hadith on this webpage:
qa.sunnipath.comissue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=12049&CATE=1

After admitting that ahl sunna's scholars have different opinion on the hadith i.e some said its 'daeef (weak)' and other said its 'Hassan (sound)' according to different narrations; the web-page by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani however said:

" the meaning is sound for the holy prophet is the
source of all knowledge..."

He however erroneously add:
" The main gates to this knowledge are
the four righteous khalifas--for classical cities had four gates, one from each direction--of whom Sayyiduna Ali (Allah be pleased with him) is one."

I challenge:
Where does the holy prophet (saws) interpreted it like that? -That the gate included the first three khalifa(Abu bakar, Umar and Uthman)? NOWHERE for he (saws) did not say ...ALI IS ONE OF THE GATES!

If it is so as he claimed, then why was Umar exclaimed after he gave an erroneous judgement before Ali had to correct him:
"...had it not been for ALI, Umar would have perished?

It is a big lie that every 'classical cities' has four main entrance. Where does that comes from?
This is how 'these people' always try their best to
destroy golden saying of the prophet (saws) on his ahl al-bayt (a.s).

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways To Maximise The First Tendays Of Dhul Hijjah / Preparing For The New Hihrah. / Am An Islamic Musician ,i Love Both Men And Female .add My Pin 320D696D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.