Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills (36305 Views)

5 Most Under Appreciated Jobs In The World / Before You Quit Your Low Paying Job Check This List / Why Did You Choose Your Current Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by delors(m): 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
JimloveTM:

I read a post about how to make money with your skills, so thats y i started this thread.. Alot of people wont see how, but i will post it below:
I mean about the skills thing, if the list is too long, it becomes confusing and may give room to weak responses. With the list above, everyone in the world, no matter how dull or otherwise he or she is, will possess one. And considering that almost half of the skills (and expertise) are similar, it becomes even more difficult. Check my hypothetical example below:

Wht is Nigeria most famous for? (Choose only 3):
a: Black people
b: Ethnicity
c: Former British colony
d: African soccer champion
e: Political corruption
f: ASUU strike
g: Intermittent power supply (NEPA)
h: Predominantly poor north
i: Muslim north and christian south
j: Oil dependent
k: 419
l: Poor telecommunication network
m: poor education system
n: Pidgin English
o: Religions
p: Child marriage

Now, tell me, which ones would you choose when almost everything is true? When options are too many, confusion sets in. Just saying.
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
Drawing and sketching,creative,public speaking,competitive,photography
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by pmc01(m): 12:04am On Sep 26, 2013
magnificio: I dont get d point of d whole...wot am i supposed to do with it afta i select?

It is called self-evaluation. Put it more directly, discovering who you really are, identifying your potentials, taking time out to assess your years spent on Earth already; so that you know what you have been doing wrongly and what you need to start doing rightly; so that you know where to focus your most of your energy; so that you don't keep going round the circle and arriving at the same point; so that you know how to set realistic goals that is achievable for you; so that your priorities are not misplaced; so that you are sure you are living your life and not just living a lie; and I could just go on and on and on.

Free advice: Learn to be positive and learn not to just look out for the pointlessness of every effort by other people in helping you become a better being than you already are. I am sorry and I really don't mean any insult, but I still find it very hard to believe that you (or any other such person) can truly not see the objectivity in this post. I am sincerely baffled.

1 Like

Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by pmc01(m): 12:10am On Sep 26, 2013
delors:

What is Nigeria most famous for? (Choose only 3):

Now, tell me, which ones would you choose when almost everything is true? When options are too many, confusion sets in. Just saying.

Take note of the MOST. It means all all the options are right but one or some are MOST right. This can be likened to English Language examinations, where they tell you to 'pick the NEAREST in meaning'. Didn't you notice about three of the options provided might even answer the question? In that case, do you pick all three of them and then blame the examiner for putting many similar answers?
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by Nobody: 1:23am On Sep 26, 2013
Some dudes will write all this skills in their resume. Trust Nigerians on that.
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by oseo1(m): 1:57am On Sep 26, 2013
Good list, I would suggest that people look over the list and pick a few and work on improving themselves in those areas.
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by pendusky(m): 3:00am On Sep 26, 2013
nice one op
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 26, 2013
i can't just choose 5 tongue
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 26, 2013
kingphemy: Some dudes will write all this skills in their resume. Trust Nigerians on that.

grin grin
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by Vicjay1(m): 5:20am On Sep 26, 2013
Computer programming, driving, research, problem solving, competitive
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by Truman155(m): 6:07am On Sep 26, 2013
1forall: This is good for CV writing smiley
just my thought!
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by hamaworld(m): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2013
toothpaste: Op am afraid we nor get this type of oyinbo skills o
shocked shocked

We only have the following

Tribalistic skills
Time wasting
etc
Lol. I can't stop crying or na laughing. I no know
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by ignis: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2013
I can't finds mine in any of the above.....
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by Lilimax(f): 8:32am On Sep 26, 2013
Freiburger: These are lists of skills any civilized and serious employer will ask a new employee to complete so that he can take note or keep into record of how best the employee can be utilized. This is just a few from a bulk of numerous lists of skills, it is a course on its own. Shocked at most of the replies I'm seeing here.
You need not to cos we have a lot of trolls over here undecided. I would rather ignore them than waste my precious thought about them sad
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by olanrewajumi(m): 9:12am On Sep 26, 2013
no football skills dey dere na
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by Ishilove: 9:23am On Sep 26, 2013
In no particular order:

Writing

Child care

Editing

1 Like

Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by daclint(m): 9:35am On Sep 26, 2013
designing, body movement and uhm uhm wait let me read it again,
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by Rogo: 9:48am On Sep 26, 2013
My area of expertise is more than the required numba
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by Opeyemibayonle(m): 9:55am On Sep 26, 2013
Public speaking
patience .

Permition to list more .....
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by dnawah(m): 9:59am On Sep 26, 2013
Machine operation is wat i do now(I.S machine),

diplomatic i dream to be an ambassador some day,

welding i love it and planning to learn it,

bilingual i can speak 4 languages,

internet not yahoo yahoo o!
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by lifestyle1(m): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2013
Rogo: My area of expertise is more than the required numba

A typo ??
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 26, 2013
EATING DRINKING SHITTING SLEEPING SCRATCHING MA BALLZ
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by ayobase(m): 11:19am On Sep 26, 2013
Ich liebe dich: Engineering
operating machines
efficiency
inspiring trust
evaluating

U operate machine?
Pls, I need ur service with my MACHINE.

An Engineer aight?
Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by Oguieke(m): 11:31am On Sep 26, 2013
u did not mention shooting&targeting for those that want to go into military/security jobs. fp pls. very impotacheesysadnt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown / Joy FM Presenter Faces Sack Over Remark Against David Mark / Door Attendant At An Eatery Dances At Door While Doing His Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.