Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC (28254 Views)

Ican Or Bsc Conversion Or Pgd / Please I'm Hnd Graduate And I Have Done My Nysc, So I Want To Start Ican. Please / Opinion Needed For A Future: Direct Entry Or PGD Or Masters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Pearl1212(f): 6:12pm On May 23, 2022
I'm confused.
I'm 23years of age, I have HND in statistics (Distinction), done with NYSC program, I want to further my studies but I'm really confused what to do,

1. I don't know whether to opt in for PGD or BSC(Through Direct Entry).

2. I don't know if I should switch course, from statistics to accounting via Direct Entry and I don't know if HND statistics will be accepted into accounting.
Please I seriously need your opinion and advise on it.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Pearl1212(f): 6:51pm On May 23, 2022
Please

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by koldej(m): 3:23am On May 24, 2022
It depends on you, let me tell you something some people will ask you why do you need to run a Bsc programme again when you have an HND? they will question your self esteem
I'm also in your shoes.. but this is what I have come to realise so far
1) HND or BSc.. there is no job out there
2) HND or BSc the organization doesn't care, in as much as you know your job
3)YES! HND in statistics qualifies you for direct entry into Accounting
But!
There are some opportunities you will not get if you don't have a degree
There are some chances you will not get to prove yourself if you dont have a degree
There are some interviews you will not get if you don't have a degree

The bottom line is that being successful in your career path is not dependent on whether you have an HND or BSc.

As an HND holder, I will say I've never been out of job since I graduated 2years ago, but the truth is there are better opportunities I have missed out on due to the fact that I don't have a degree, I'm currently trying to run a conversion programme in a course related to my field.

@23 you are still very young, please opt for direct entry if you are from @least a average family who are willing to support you for the next 2-3years again, if not you can try conversion programme, this will give you the opportunity to work and continue schooling at the same time.

But please in whatever decision you take, go and learn IT, I sincerely believe you will do very well in coding or data analysis.

If you don't mind we can be friends

215 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Pearl1212(f): 8:19am On May 24, 2022
[quote author=koldej post=113115511]It depends on you, let me tell you something some people will ask you why do you need to run a Bsc programme again when you have an HND? they will question your self esteem
I'm also in your shoes.. but this is what I have come to realise so far
1) HND or BSc.. there is no job out there
2) HND or BSc the organization doesn't care, in as much as you know your job
3)YES! HND in statistics qualifies you for direct entry into Accounting
But!
There are some opportunities you will not get if you don't have a degree
There are some chances you will not get to prove yourself if you dont have a degree
There are some interviews you will not get if you don't have a degree

The bottom line is that being successful in your career path is not dependent on whether you have an HND or BSc.

As an HND holder, I will say I've never been out of job since I graduated 2years ago, but the truth is there are better opportunities I have missed out on due to the fact that I don't have a degree, I'm currently trying to run a conversion programme in a course related to my field.

@23 you are still very young, please opt for direct entry if you are from @least a average family who are willing to support you for the next 2-3years again, if not you can try conversion programme, this will give you the opportunity to work and continue schooling at the same time.

But please in whatever decision you take, go and learn IT, I sincerely believe you will do very well in coding or data analysis.

[Thanks alot dear. Definitely will love to be your friend]

18 Likes

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Pearl1212(f): 4:22pm On May 24, 2022
Thanks alot dear.
I will love to be your friend

3 Likes

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by CrazyMan(m): 6:30pm On May 24, 2022
Pearl1212:
I'm confused.
I'm 23years of age, I have HND in statistics (Distinction), done with NYSC program, I want to further my studies but I'm really confused what to do,

1. I don't know whether to opt in for PGD or BSC(Through Direct Entry).

2. I don't know if I should switch course, from statistics to accounting via Direct Entry and I don't know if HND statistics will be accepted into accounting.
Please I seriously need your opinion and advise on it.
My dear Nigeria of today isn't where you'll be running from institution to institution looking for degrees. There are no jobs.

You already have your HND, if you must further, go for PGD then Msc, forget about acquiring another Bsc. Cos your Msc would cover for it.

Also, like a poster suggested, learn IT, the world is going digital. And if you don't develop yourself to remain relevant, you'll be left behind despite being an apt accumulator of degree certificates.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Impactech: 8:50pm On May 24, 2022
[quote author=Pearl1212 post=113119688][/quote]

Op, look at the last paragraph, look into data analytics. I don't think you need any other degree
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Lukaku12: 4:14pm On May 25, 2022
As a bsc holder in accounting, I would advice you to go for ICAN while on it, you can go for pgd and then to masters.....hnd and ICAN will be chosen over bsc accounting anytime any day

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by bunsuq: 6:20am On May 29, 2022
Go and do your BSc. It will do you good. Better after which you can go for masters

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Nozino: 8:06am On May 29, 2022
CrazyMan:

My dear Nigeria of today isn't where you'll be running from institution to institution looking for degrees. There are no jobs.

You already have your HND, if you must further, go for PGD then Msc, forget about acquiring another Bsc. Cos your Msc would cover for it.

Also, like a poster suggested, learn IT, the world is going digital. And if you don't develop yourself to remain relevant, you'll be left behind despite being an apt accumulator of degree certificates.

This isn’t true. As long as you want to work and live in Nigeria, HND isn’t a useful certificate. It is extremely limiting.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Nozino: 8:07am On May 29, 2022
Lukaku12:
As a bsc holder in accounting, I would advice you to go for ICAN while on it, you can go for pgd and then to masters.....hnd and ICAN will be chosen over bsc accounting anytime any day

What about Bsc and ICAN

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Lukaku12: 7:38pm On May 29, 2022
Nozino:

What about Bsc and ICAN
You be odogwu
Come top am up with msc bruh you are good

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Lukaku12: 7:39pm On May 29, 2022
Nozino:

What about Bsc and ICAN
What I meant was hnd n ican is bae over only bsc

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Nozino: 7:43pm On May 29, 2022
Lukaku12:

What I meant was hnd n ican is bae over only bsc

Your suggestion is flawed. If you want to compare, compare HND and ICAN with Bsc and ICAN.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Realestatevixen: 12:26pm On May 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by atobs4real(m): 12:26pm On May 30, 2022
PGD

1 Like

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by FuckAllTheMODs: 12:26pm On May 30, 2022
School na scam crew, where are you guys?

OP, start making money, time waits for no-one.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by BigDawsNet: 12:26pm On May 30, 2022
You are still young

For Nigeria education
Go for direct entry with your HNd... you maybe lucky to start with 300level

For Outside education
Apply for a fresh degree in Mathematics or computer science in Canada or Australia...

Goodluck

9 Likes

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by salbis(m): 12:27pm On May 30, 2022
Education in Nigeria is another thing. A graduate is a graduate, be it HND or BSc.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:27pm On May 30, 2022
Pray to God for His leadings but in whatever you decide to do, learn a skill if you have none.

Serious Buyers Only!
Lexus RX 350 2015 model, Foreign used.
WhatsApp for inspection or we inquiry.

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Elidrisy20: 12:27pm On May 30, 2022
Labour market
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by BuhariNaWah: 12:27pm On May 30, 2022
HND na rubbish o.
Infact, it's as if you wasted money obtaining it.
If you think I'm lying, just trying using it online for job applications abroad.

Even to further your studies abroad na problem.
(Your good grades can give you admission for MSc I UK though)
A friend wanted to apply as an ALT in Japan,most of the schools are saying IF IT IS DIPLOMA YOU HAVE, DO NOT BOTHER APPLYING.

And besides, the annoying part is that IT IS NOT REGARDED AS A DEGREE.
Can you imagine?!

NBTE na scam.
Go get your degree, sis.

koldej:

Guy, focus na!!!!!!! wink

FuckAllTheMODs:

Bro, can I contact you over this ALT job.

I want to make enquiry on it for one of my female friend.

If you are on Twitter, start from here.

twitter.com/wakawaka_doctor/status/1488766313262686210?t=2vAsyGerwsW3WGVHL0hl4Q&s=19

Let her get TEFL certification if she can.
From the urls listed on that tweet, borderlink replies faster, and are taking for next year academic session.
Just fill the application form on their website, they will contact you for interview in probably a month time.
She should also get her CV polished with a photo on it (canva app can do this easily).
She does not need any teaching experience to get the job.

Goodluck

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Built2last: 12:27pm On May 30, 2022
stop being certificate driven. Be skills and making money driven.

Nobody cares about the certificates, question, can you get the job done.

Take it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Hambivert: 12:27pm On May 30, 2022
Sparogatively, since your interest lies in pursuing academic success, I'll advise you to go for PGD instead of an unnecessary attempt at B.Sc
After your PGD if you still insist on furthering academically, you'll stand a better and faster chance than opting for B.Sc

Every man's interest and passion are different, not everyone is money driven, OP I wish you success in whatever decision you finally take.

3 Likes

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Mrmanability: 12:27pm On May 30, 2022
PGD
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by Ephemmm: 12:27pm On May 30, 2022
Don't go for any of the two at present. Go for professional examination related to your discipline, and start gaining experience in the corporate world simultaneously. Those are the two key requirements that would put you ahead of any Bsc or HND holder as far as I am concerned.

With that, you can then go for your master degree course in due course.

4 Likes

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by boookworm: 12:27pm On May 30, 2022
R
Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by dettolgel: 12:27pm On May 30, 2022
Congratulations!

In my opinion if you can raise the money opt for MSc biostatistics/statistics/data science/machine learning in the UK.

You are better off outside this country.

Some people will say you can't apply directly for MSc abroad at least in the UK you can for sure.

With your grade and good statement of purpose you can get into a MSc program.

Japa now that you are still young and full of energy. Don't let Nigeria demoralise and beat you into submission.

If you are interested in the UK there is a NL thread on that. Go there ask questions from possibilities of getting a direct MSc to the minimum amount you need to process your japa level. To how to structure the installment payment of your tuition fee while there. Anything related questions you can think of ask it there and folks with experience will guide you.

Once more congratulations and best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC by SageTravels: 12:27pm On May 30, 2022
Follow.

I have HND Tourism Management. I don't know if I should go for Bsc or PGD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Isah Barde, From Kano Who Designs Moving Robot With Cardboards / Ifeanyi, The Physically Challenged Mechanic In Abakaliki (Photos, Video) / Lady Comes Under Fire For Saying Majority Of Nigerias Are Receiving Above N130k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.