Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,725 members, 7,809,763 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education (6943 Views)

Gang Leader Sleeps With Secondary School Girls To Initiate Them / FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Fynestboi: 8:17am On Sep 25, 2013
Fynestboi: ABUJA — Worried by the incessant strike by universities and other tertiary institutions, the National Assembly is set to initiate legislative educational policies that would regulate frequent industrial actions in Nigeria.

Senate President, David Mark, stated this at the first conference of National and State Assembly Committees on Education organized by the Senate Committee on Education.

Mark, who was represented by the Senate Minority leader, Senator Ganiyu Solomon, said it was imperative that particular attention be paid to the country’s education sector which, according to him, is in serious need of transformation.

He said: “The persistent industrial action by the Academic Staff Union of Nigerian universities has had huge impact on the country’s education system and there is need for the senate to initiate legislative solutions to the problem.

”Issues of educational development have been priority of government and it has called for comprehensive and sustainable policies that will deliver good standards, decent environment and cost effectiveness.”

He, however, called on the federal government and ASUU to urgently come to an agreement to call off the 84 days’ old strike.

Chairman, Senate Committee on Education, Senator Uche Chuwkumerije, in his goodwill message, identified poor funding and inconsistent policies as the two major challenges facing the country’s education sector.

Senator Chuwkumerije also reaffirmed the senate committee’s position on education, stating that it was central to the development and maintenance of the different sectors of the nation’s economy.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/ASUU-strike-nass-to-initiate-new-policies-on-education/
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Deekaydadon(m): 8:40am On Sep 25, 2013
Abeg make dem call off strike undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by ayusco85(m): 8:59am On Sep 25, 2013
Initiate the damn thing and stop making noise joor.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by sapientia1(m): 8:59am On Sep 25, 2013
U dnt expect me to read al of ds news again wen i knw its just nt gona change anything. Mayb i'l read it wen it has an headline of "ASUU CALLS OFF/SUSPEND STRIKE"

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Fynestboi: 9:04am On Sep 25, 2013
sapientia1: U dnt expect me to read al of ds news again wen i knw its just nt gona change anything. Mayb i'l read it wen it has an headline of "ASUU CALLS OFF/SUSPEND STRIKE"
callng it off or suspendng the strike whch is better??
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Brimmie(m): 10:01am On Sep 25, 2013
Wabbish!!
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by TeGaTeGa1(m): 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
Dem wan play with our conscience again o...abeg I wan go marry sef,,,only 4 wives is enough grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by homesteady(m): 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
I've even lost count of how many days the strike has lasted!
ASSU and FG! Na beg we dey beg una!
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
sapientia1: U dnt expect me to read al of ds news again wen i knw its just nt gona change anything. Mayb i'l read it wen it has an headline of "ASUU CALLS OFF/SUSPEND STRIKE"
They really need to call off this strike for some people to go back to their classrooms especially their English classes

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Daniluv2k4(m): 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
i pray it work out
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
Call off the strike. I've stayed home for too long. cry
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Raphealedwin: 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
Dis pple sef, always makin dis strike a laughin stock,evry time commitee on dis or dat yet notin wil be achieved,wat den shall we do to runaway frm dis negativity calld strike?
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by BabaEleko(m): 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
Shey na to dey form committee be the matter abi make our Oga wey go do time keeper for New York con settle our lecturers so that all our girls wey don turn full grade olosho for campus go return to their class.
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by donphilopus: 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
Fynestboi: callng it off or suspendng the strike whch is better??
calling it off is better
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by donphilopus: 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2013
Please ASUU/FG try and resolve the issue so that Students can go back to school.
Students are growing old daily
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by iamswizz(m): 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by ayusco85(m): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
the begining of a new dawn for nigerian public universities. good move by NASS
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Richiez(m): 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
@last NASS...but will our lecturers succumb? @last NASS...but will our lecturers succumb?
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by kennyonthrone(m): 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hmmm na dia mata cant bliv is 84 dayz already.....hw bad it can b wen u already knw d' date of ur graduation nd all of a sudden dat shit kaled strike lyk a thunder strikes dat ur hope of graduatin on d'18th of July....Bleep dem so tired of still sayin am in finalz y i shook graduation bt havent embraced it yet

Mk i cut ma story short shaaaa......al i knw is i jst wanna gradge dis year no b vex i d'vex,na beg i d'beg
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by plainmirror(m): 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
Action is paramount.
No be by grammar
*in olamide's voice* am tired mehn
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by CooldudeY2J: 5:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
Guys what if we kidnapp ASUU chairman in demand dat d strike b called off?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by gistextra(m): 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
that strike.. students are now enjoying only the ted are complaining

http://www.gistextra.com/writing-presenting-instructional-materials-teaching/

Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Dejiro(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
This was how some of us ended up spending 7 years doing a 5 years course in Nigeria. I just hope this can be sorted out once and for all.
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by agrovick(m): 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
He go beta
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by kennyonthrone(m): 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
Cooldude Y2J: Guys what if we kidnapp ASUU chairman in demand dat d strike b called off?
baba u no wan gradge baa?
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by WHIZBRO(m): 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
Taaaaa!!!! No be today ya.nsh resemble kolanut
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by josephayo: 12:36am On Sep 26, 2013
I hv even forgotten my reg. Number , who am I going to hold responsible, ASSU or the gov't?

All dose money lords we hv in d country will not see were to put their money again, if is supper eagle now that is abt to play am important football match u will see one mumu that will be promising players that already hv money more money in $ and even get them a new car and a house.
(man knw dia self) u will not contribute that money that students of u country needs it to go back to skool. I no call person name o!
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by medotorres(m): 12:41am On Sep 26, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]ASUU pls dont call off dis sweet strike oh because am enjoying it, dis strike have opened doors for me and my family ASUU strike continues,victoria ascerta.
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Bestofralph(m): 5:23am On Sep 26, 2013
Students, open ur eyes. Dis whole thing called ASUU strike, we are the only ones suffering it. Tomorrow or even next century when the strike have been called of, who losses? Us of course? Fed govt. gives out money dat they should have given out a long time ago; lecturers gets paid their usual salaries for the period the strike lasted; national assembly gets paid for sitting there doing nothing; lecturers now have more free time for their private businesses; the politicians' children do not school in dis country, so they are unaffected by the strike. We all end up graduating tomorrow and we cant even compete with them intelectually-yeah, as ugly as dat may sound but its the truth...
Now on the lossing side... Students got to pay their house rents for the extension; we need more food stuff also; staying at home dis long and going back to pass through the stress of readjusting & then in a few weeks u see on the notice boards, "exams timetable". Before the strike, some students were on their undergraduate research, in fact almost completed. Right now those things have been wasted including the time and money put into it. Who pays for that? We, our parents.
I strongly believe its high time we students started making our demands. In so doing, the fed. govt will see that they have alot to lose if they do not meet ASUU's demand cos they won't be ending up settling with ASUU but with the students' union.
Of course we have a student's union. I think we should make good use of it.
Its our future these people are playing with here!

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Fynestboi: 10:26am On Sep 26, 2013
agrovick: He go beta
abi oooo
Re: ASUU Strike: NASS To Initiate New Policies On Education by Fynestboi: 10:26am On Sep 26, 2013
TeGa_TeGa: Dem wan play with our conscience again o...abeg I wan go marry sef,,,only 4 wives is enough grin
lmao

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper / Students In Harvard University Vs Those In Uniport And Unical / Could This Be The Ugliest Guy On Facebook? See What Friends Are Saying About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.