Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,712 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

This Is When The World Will End - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / This Is When The World Will End (1277 Views)

Team Of Experts Predicts What The World Will Look Like In 2116. / The World Will Experience 15 Days Of Total Darkness In November! / The World Will Not End In 2012 - NASA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is When The World Will End by MCKULQ(m): 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
Life On Earth Likely to End in 2.25 Billion Years

We have at most 2.25 billion years before the Sun expands, engulfs the Earth. At least we aren't looking for life in all the wrong places anymore.

I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that the Earth won't be destroyed by the inevitable heat death of the universe. The bad news is that the planet will be wiped out long before that, between 1.5 billion and 2.25 billion years from now, according to a new study by Andrew Rushby was recently published in Astrobiology.

You see, when our Sun starts running out of hydrogen fuel, it will expand until it swallows Mercury and Venus, and potentially even expands into our orbit. Obviously, this means bad things for anything left on Earth. Even if the Sun doesn't grow large enough to reach Earth's orbit, you don't want to hang around waiting for the oceans to boil away and the atmosphere to burst into flame. Trust me, you'll have a bad time.

visit these site for more:
http://www.tested.com/inventern/458237-life-earth-likely-end-225-billion-years/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing8%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D380846

Re: This Is When The World Will End by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 01, 2013
Sounds plausible, maybe thats Hell
Re: This Is When The World Will End by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
No problem though as far as am dead before then
Re: This Is When The World Will End by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
Good thing,i'll be dead by then
Re: This Is When The World Will End by festusfeezy(m): 11:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
Real?
Re: This Is When The World Will End by alan123(m): 9:04am On Oct 13, 2013
our earth will not get destroyed for coming 5 million years as scientist says. But with the speed temperature is increasing, I think coming 100 years will be a test.

(1) (Reply)

Who Deleted This Post? Was It Seun / Virtual Phone Number In Lagos / Mtn Introduces 4g Lte Cheap Data Coverage Minutes After Glo Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.