Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

The Battle Line Is Drawn..ios, Android And Windows - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Battle Line Is Drawn..ios, Android And Windows (996 Views)

Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands / BBM On Android And Related Issues / My New Glo Line Is Not Browsing, Please Helppppp! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Battle Line Is Drawn..ios, Android And Windows by Xavier1976(m): 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2013

There is currently a war of supremacy going on in the mobile technology global market, this war had been brewing for some times and leading the market are the companies that had been able to predict the recent changes enveloping the industry and discovered consumers would be the umpire.
My own opinion judging by the past and current trends, talking about the mobile phone companies in the aspect of OS, the battle is between Apple iOS and Google Android, now we have Microsoft tailing behind with Windows. In the emerging mobile phone market domination, Samsung has proven to be a formidable opponent, Apple is battling but the closed system they operate with their Hard-Software may come back to haunt them. RIM scenario is a lesson to all that there is nothing like champion forever but only current champion exists, you cannot afford to sit on a technology for too long in a fast evolving technological market. My prediction for the future in the mobile-tech sales; I see Apple losing a large chunk of their mobile market to Samsung or those mobile tech companies we can refer to as the "minor prophets" if they continue the recycling of technologies we are witnessing in current iPhone output now. Samsung phones are winning in innovations and development, they have managed to maintain the tech hype with their Phone lines. I also predict Microsoft's Nokia going the way of RIM if they do not lose the conservative cloak covering their research and development or they might end up settling for the minor shares of the mobile market. In the social media scene I foresee Facebook's relegation while other minor social media platforms take over, RIM relied on its proprietary BBM while the underdogs IM apps were evolving e.g. WhatsApp, Facebook has grown so big and it's being haunted by what the economist calls "Large diseconomies of scale.

(1) (Reply)

Mediafly Android Phone / Infinix X501 Racejet | Black - Are You Using It? / The Current Price Of Infinix Joypad 7 Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.