Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Forex Charts For The Naira - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Forex Charts For The Naira (2337 Views)

Benefit from The Falling Value Of The Naira - Get Paid In Dollars / Save The Naira, Save Nigerians! ยป (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forex Charts For The Naira by food4tot: 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2006
Forex Project For Someone

Why can't I get any info about the Nigerian economy. I couldn't find a curve depicting the performance of the nigerian currency, the Naira. The best I could get was this
[img]http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/w?s=NGNGBP=X[/img]

we all know from primary school days that curves in graphs are lines joining two or more points. Despite yahoo having this information. They still don't provide any curve that shows the performance longer than 5 days. Source (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?from=NGN&to=GBP&amt=1&t=5d)

Just wondering if someone can have a graph on this site to show us whats happening in the forex world.
Re: Forex Charts For The Naira by kazey(m): 3:14pm On Jun 05, 2006
the gap in the graph indicates activity periods where there is a certain surge due to a very high demand for a specific currency by a big player such as the bank etc, during that period the price does not follow an increasing pattern, just a crazy offer is made to purchase that particular currency and hence there is a missing area which is created by progressive increase or decrease in prices or value. Watch the rise and drop carefully, and you would get the idea.

Normal players don't get to deal during that particular period, because its happens so fast, and its for one particular trade or offer.
Re: Forex Charts For The Naira by damadsuite(m): 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2006
The Graph you showed us has little or no significance to the Forex trader except for mere education. The naira is not traded on the international market because it is not a tradeable market. It is obviously not controlled by the forces of supply and demand.

The government can decide whatever rate they want the naira to exchange. Investors dread such activities as they can lose their money. Also, you will observe that the dollars has lost considerable weight for the past 2 months due to export-import deregulation in the U.S and also the increasing U.S debt value. All this downturn didn't affect the naira. The exchange rate of the naira to the dollar was unchange irrespective of these powerful market move.

The naira is not a tradeable currency and it is not worth studying by a true Forex trader. I will advise we shift our attention to tradeable market.

Do you know that the reason why almost 98% of all Forex traders fails is because they lack the core understanding of Money (Equity) Management. In my next writeup, i will explore the issue of core equity and tradeable equity and also why even people fail with a sure trading system that has a 70/100 score.

cliff clarke
www.damadsuite.com
Re: Forex Charts For The Naira by Love44(f): 10:55pm On Jun 05, 2006
Nigerian economy in 2005 was 174.1 billion dollars which made nigeria to be the fourth richest country in Africa and also i heard in 2006 it will hit 200 billion and something.
Re: Forex Charts For The Naira by food4tot: 1:42am On Jun 06, 2006
@kazey, your explanation makes sense but why is there no chart depicting a period more than 5 days? I was hoping I would be able to get graphical data over a period of 5 years.

The graph I posted is above is just the value of the pound against one naira
Re: Forex Charts For The Naira by kazey(m): 2:44am On Jun 06, 2006
food4tot:

@kazey, your explanation makes sense but why is there no chart depicting a period more than 5 days?

Forex tradings occur 5 days in a week, besides Nigeria does not really trade that much on the UK shores to have that regular pounds to want to convert to Naira or the other way round everyday smiley
Re: Forex Charts For The Naira by food4tot: 8:19am On Jun 06, 2006
why do I get the 5 days curve but not the 3 months curve? If you go to the site I provided here. You will find links for viewing 3months, 1year, 2years and 5 years. The only chart that works is the 1 day and 5 days chart.

If you have a diary that you use every day you should have a full diary at the end of the year.
Re: Forex Charts For The Naira by food4tot: 8:26am On Jun 09, 2006
The naira has been appreciating for the past 5 days. Is it artificial and can this growth be sustained? Is it better to have a strong Naira than to have a weak one? Foreign investors encourage us to weaken the naira, who gains when this happens? The investors or Nigeria?
Re: Forex Charts For The Naira by k9(m): 10:43pm On Jun 27, 2006
If you d/load d software of any forex dealer, like FXCM. you can get a chart showing as far back as 6 months or 1 year (i think) you just have 2 adjust the settings. You wont get any chart on the naira cos as was said the naira, and other such c is not really tradable, thoeretically it is possible, but practically its not. because d main or 'only' thing we trade in oil (and other such currencies) and because of its nature not a very tradeable commodity at such.
Re: Forex Charts For The Naira by anton(m): 2:41am On Jun 28, 2006
True, currancy traders can not trade the naira, nor would they want to; instability. Hopefully, the naira will eventually make it to the exchange and be traded against the euro, usd, gbp, chf, and yen. That is a serious strategic thing we should be concerned about. Having a serious, repsectable role in the financial markets of the world. Maybe a unified west african currancy cool.

There are some exotic currancy pairs that one can trade but i don't think most traders even deal with them becasue of the risk.

Now that i think about, i am sure that you COULD but a lot or 2 MANUALLY at your bank, but electronically, i think you are out of luck. sad
Re: Forex Charts For The Naira by SafeMoney: 12:22pm On Nov 18, 2010
if u want to make between 5-15 % monthly, i have an EA for sale developed here in nigeria, for big fund hedgers etc,

send a mail to omayozafx @ yahoo.com, if u want backrests forward test etc,
this is not your average marketing stuff i don't have time for that
the price is 900$ (not a scalper) license is for one account,
this is the final price, there is no rush and i am not desperate as the FX market is always there

thanks

(1) (Reply)

Bonanza!bonanza!!bonanza!!!buy Calcium At The Rate Of #650 Per Bag And Natrosol / Get Your Skrill & Neteller Funded Instantly Using Nairaswipe.com / Why Is That It's Mostly Ugly Girls That Have Assets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.