Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 (19655 Views)

Swansea city Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 30th August 2015 / Tottenham Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 28th September 2013 / Manchester United Vs West Brom (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by JMOI: 8:12am On Sep 26, 2013
Swansea host Arsenal FC at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday, in what promises to be an entertaining fixture. The last match between these two sides ended in a 2-0 victory for the Gunners as Monreal and Gervinho scored for the away side. Arsenal have had the upper hand against Welsh club, losing twice in the last six matches against them. Swansea’s last victory against Arsene Wenger’s men came back in 2012, when Michu scored a brace.

Swansea made a poor start to their campaign with back to back defeats against Manchester United and Tottenham in the opening two rounds. Michael Laudrup’s side has turned things around since then and are currently ninth on the league table. But the Welsh side are coming into this game on the back of humiliating League Cup defeat at the hands of Birmingham City. Swansea conceded three goals in the second half against the Championship side and will look to put out a better performance against the Gunners.

Arsenal on the other hand have had a dream start to their league campaign and have turned things around brilliantly after their much talked about opening day loss against Aston Villa at the Emirates. Since that loss Arsenal have won eight matches on the bounce and currently lead the league table. They are coming into this game on the back of scrappy victory over West Brom in the League Cup, where the match was forced to go to the penalties. But it was second string side that was fielded in the midweek game and the big names are set to return against Swansea.
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by JMOI: 8:55am On Sep 27, 2013
Team News and Tactical Brief
Swansea City

Michael Laudrup doesn’t have too many injury concerns at the moment, but there are doubts about the fitness of Pablo Hernandez and Ashley Williams. Williams though is expected to feature in this game after recovering from his ankle injury.

Swansea are likely to field the same team that won against Crystal Palace last weekend, which means Bony will continue his role in the bench as Alvaro is preferred ahead of him. Rangel, Chico, Williams and Davies will form the back four with Canas and Shelvey playing in the pivot ahead of them. Canas is the man who provides the defensive cover to the backline with Shelvey playing in a more advanced role.

Alvaro will lead the line with Routledge, Michu and Dyer playing in behind him. Most of Swansea’s attack and build up comes down the right hand side of their pitch with Dyer and Rangel providing the width down that flank. Michu is yet to match the high standards he set last season, but the Spaniard is playing in a more withdrawn role this season. But Swansea needs him to score goals if they are to replicate their success this time.

Swansea are one of the few sides who look to take on Arsenal in their own game. They are brilliant in keeping possession and have provide a lot of worries for the Gunners in the past, although the score line hasn’t always reflected their effort. In this game, at home, it will be no different. They would look to retain the ball and push the Gunners back with patience build up. But they must also be careful about not providing too much space in behind the defence for the Arsenal attackers to exploit. Canas will have a special job in stopping Arsenal’s counter attack and reducing the influence of Mesut Ozil in the final third, but he would also need the help of Shelvey in acheieving that successfully.

Probable Starting XI [4-2-3-1]: Vorm (GK); Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies; Canas, Shelvey; Dyer, Michu, Routledge; Alvaro
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by JMOI: 8:57am On Sep 27, 2013
Arsenal

Unlike Michael Laudrup, Arsene Wenger does have a long list of absentees ahead of this fixture. Theo Walcott, Santi Cazorla, Abou Diaby, Yaya Sanogo, Lukas Podolski, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and Tomas Rosicky are all out with injuries. Rosicky is close to returning to full fitness and could be fit for the match against Napoli.

After resting most of his big name players in the match against West Brom in the League Cup, Arsene Wenger is expected to field the side he used in the match against Stoke City last weekend. Which means Sagna, Koscienly and Gibbs will return to the side alongside Mertesacker in defence, while Flamini and Ramsey resume their partnership in front of it. Mikel Arteta has returned from his injury and featured in Arsenal’s midweek game, but the Spaniard is likely to be dropped to the bench with Flamini and Ramsey forming a good partnership recently.

Gnabry will continue his stint in the first team squad in the absence of Theo Walcott on the right, while Mesut Ozil and Jack Wilshere will provide the creativity in behind Olivier Giroud. Ozil has made an instant impact upon his arrival and is already leading the assist chart. He and Wilshere will swap positions in the match, with the German moving out wide at times.

Flamini has been another significant signing for the Arsenal and he is providing the much needed steel in front of the defence. Something they have lacked for quite a long time in recent past. He and Ramsey could possibly keep Mikel Arteta out of this Arsenal side this season.

Arsenal will drop deep against Swansea and will switch to a more counter attacking tactics. They might allow the Welsh side to dominate possession and deny them space in behind the back line, this will in turn create space in behind the Swansea full-backs for the likes of Gnabry and Ozil to exploit.

Probable Starting Line-Up [4-2-3-1]: Szczesny (GK); Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs; Ramsey, Flamini; Gnabry, Ozil, Wilshere; Giroud
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by JMOI: 8:57am On Sep 27, 2013
Key Facts

Both Barclays Premier League games between Swansea and Arsenal last season ended as 2-0 away wins.

Arsenal scored three goals from set-pieces in their last Premier League game, the first time they had scored this many in a single game since May 2010.

Midfield ace Mesut Ozil has assisted more Barclays Premier League goals than any other player this season (3).

Arsenal will equal their best run of Premier League away wins if they win this match (eight).

Seven of the nine goals scored in the four games between Swansea and Arsenal last season came in the final 10 minutes of matches.
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by JMOI: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 28, 2013
Any and Every Arsenal Match Day is a "Happy Day"

Singing "Ooooooooh Happy Daaaaaay ohhhh Happy Day, When Ramsey Scoresssssss, When Ramsey Scoresssssss, When Ozil Assisttttttttttttttttt, when Ramsey scoresssssssssssssssss we shall win this Match again. Oooooooooh happy dayyyyyyyyyyy!!!
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
front page things on ozil!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by denniece1(m): 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2013
Yes ooo up gunners
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by dotcomnamename: 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
If you're facing any difficulty problem, only visit Dr Ozil 4-1 minute, he will assist you! grin

Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2013
Full time score.
Arsenal 3-2 Swansea.
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2013
Oh to be a gooner!
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by yim(f): 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
up gunners! we are winning this one.
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by KKImoh: 2:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
We are gonna murder swasea , with michu ,with bony, with shevy, and landrup . UP ARSENAL
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by KKImoh: 2:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
We are gonna murder swansea , with michu ,with bony, with shevy, and landrup . UP ARSENAL
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by Uniquexty(f): 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
Even when i'm sleeping, i smile when i hear Arsenal. Gunners for life.......
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by dont8(m): 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
Arsenal on top.
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by QMark: 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2013
Uniquexty: Even when i'm sleeping, i smile when i hear Arsenal. Gunners for life.......

....and it started when I told you my middle name is Arsenal wink Nice feeling. I feel same way each time I hear the word "Unique" cool
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
In arsene wenger we trust.... Arsenal forever!
kiss
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by DMainMan: 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
Uniquexty: Even when i'm sleeping, i smile when i hear Arsenal. Gunners for life.......

Up arsenal. We wil win. Av been looking for a female arsenal fan all dis while
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by 175(m): 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
Swansea 1 vs Arsenal 3. Just mark my words!!!!
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by aboto49(m): 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
Up gunners, first page tins noni
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by ichidodo: 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
We are going to eat Swansea for Lunch today....mmmmmm,Smells nice.
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by chimerase2: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
I go laff som pple today cheesy
And na pple way dey on top I go laff today cheesy
COME ON OH YE SWANS grin
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by mukina2: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
cool
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by Adufaye(m): 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
We dey win 4 sure na!

Giroud and Ozil 2 score
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by Presbulg(m): 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
Trouble in Manchester... Couldn't be a better weekend for arsenal
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by tonididdy(m): 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2013
i just walked into the room and over-heard my
arsenal
roommate praying ,"Dear Lord, if na butter dey
delay our
trophies...give us
like dat...we get beans."
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by tonididdy(m): 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2013
Presbulg: Trouble in Manchester... Couldn't be a better weekend for arsenal
pfff...todays games get twist oh besides i dont see arsenyansh winning this one.

michu(2)sad1)giroud
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2013
Prediction: Arsenal 4-0
Giroud 19' Shelvey 38', 66', 72'.
. Like my post if u grab wat i mean

Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by Presbulg(m): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
Arsenal.com @Arsenal
#Arsenalteam to play Swansea: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Wilshere, Ramsey, Flamini, Ozil, Gnabry, Giroud #SCFCvAFC
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by OgidiOlu3(m): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
We've got Mesut "Abdul-Assist" Ozil. We'll win! grin
Re: Swansea City Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th September 2013 by dotcomnamename: 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2013
[size=25pt]Man United 1-2 West Brom

Aston Villa 3-2 Man City

90 min now

And they said they will bounce back and win the EPL this season again

Up GUNNER grin

-LOL-[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Cardiff Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 24th Nov 2013 / Fulham Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 31st December 2023 / Manchester United Vs Burnley (3 - 1) On 18th April 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.