Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Questions On 2007 Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Questions On 2007 Honda Accord (2727 Views)

Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. / Advice Needed On 2007 VW Jetta / Suggestion On 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by Mavor: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2013
I plan on getting a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L imported from the US early next year. I was wondering if I could get advice on options and features to include in the car that will make it very comfortable in Nigeria's climate and will make it less prone to repairs.

Thinking of going for a V6 but heard it consumes fuel and the parts are more expensive compared to the V4 version. Also, considering the hot climate of Nigeria, wondering whether getting a black leather interior is advisable due to heat issues. Must be a leather interior though. Please advice. Thanks.
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by princejones(m): 8:56am On Sep 26, 2013
I currently own one and is v6,the leather is just okay as long as your ac is always on so as to help preserve the leather as it reduces the intense hot weather.As for fuel consumption,it is okay as long as am concernrd because l always make sure it does'nt pass half tank.tanks

1 Like

Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by Mavor: 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
bump
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by elektra80: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
U can't eat ur cake and have it. U want the power of a v6 then don't complain about fuel consumption. What u lose in fuel consumption u gain in power and balance especially at take off and top speed. Go for the v6, trust me u won't regret it. As for the parts, I don't think its more expensive than the i4, maybe some but not all parts, slight difference , for example there are 4 o2 sensors on v6 vs 2 on the i4
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by Mavor: 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
elektra80: U can't eat ur cake and have it. U want the power of a v6 then don't complain about fuel consumption. What u lose in fuel consumption u gain in power and balance especially at take off and top speed. Go for the v6, trust me u won't regret it. As for the parts, I don't think its more expensive than the i4, maybe some but not all parts, slight difference , for example there are 4 o2 sensors on v6 vs 2 on the i4
ok. thanks.
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by Mavor: 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
bump
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by Mavor: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by lacasa: 12:26am On Sep 27, 2013
Mine is a 2005 ex black custom leather and i4. Shouldn't be unbearable w/out AC

Mileage is not bad (esp wt AC off) it's a give-away for me.

The power in the 2005 i4 is sufficient enuf 4me.

Unless u want fly on highways, the i4 shld suit year needs. 2.4litre DOHC wink

U'll enjoy it.

Advice

(use recommended atf z1 ONLY wen changing ur transmission oil)

(Try loading 1cd at a time 4ur deck. Loading/havin 2 - 6 at a time easily jams up and gets them stuck in the cabin)

*enjoy ur discussion continue, won't regret

Cheeers
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by Mavor: 7:48am On Sep 27, 2013
lacasa: Mine is a 2005 ex black custom leather and i4. Shouldn't be unbearable w/out AC

Mileage is not bad (esp wt AC off) it's a give-away for me.

The power in the 2005 i4 is sufficient enuf 4me.

Unless u want fly on highways, the i4 shld suit year needs. 2.4litre DOHC wink

U'll enjoy it.

Advice

(use recommended atf z1 ONLY wen changing ur transmission oil)

(Try loading 1cd at a time 4ur deck. Loading/havin 2 - 6 at a time easily jams up and gets them stuck in the cabin)

*enjoy ur discussion continue, won't regret

Cheeers
thanks.
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by symbianDON(m): 10:04am On Sep 27, 2013
i currently drive a 2007 accord EX-L 4 cylinder. It is the best car i have owned till date. Not one major repair since i got it and i do a lot of traveling with it. Fuel economy is fine and ride is comfortable. A lot of exciting and useful features too: DRL, delayed headlights off (especially useful at night), dual-zone ac, courtesy light that runs with your headlights, outside temperature reading, oil life minder, seat heaters, mirror heaters etc. The car is also very quick on it's feet and acceleration is smooth. Leather is of very high quality. I use leather polish on mine often. Shocks are longlasting if there OEMs. Ensure to use high quality engine oil and coolant. Also never use any transmission fluid other than honda dw-1 aft (it's superior to z-1). Please enjoy your ride when you get it.

1 Like

Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by Mavor: 10:08am On Sep 27, 2013
bump
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by Fixed: 11:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
I use 05 V6. That car is superb. Truly some parts are different from the 4 cylinder at the engine side. But the costs are not outrageously too expensive when compared to the other. In fact, part replacement do not even happen often except the car you are getting has been overused and has racked up high mileage. If you can get one at 100k miles or below, you will enjoy it.

As for fuel economy, the difference is there but not unbearable at all. Please trust me because I have driven both. What more, I enjoy the power of the V6. Take off - super, Passing power - so good you'll wonder if any other car can do better, and the fuel economy - I get over 400miles or about 650 km from my full thank on the highway!

Please go for it, no regrets and by the way I have done about 80k miles in 3yrs and 8 months of ownership of my 05 V6 accord.
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by sultaan(m): 1:12am On Sep 28, 2013
Well done people let the good advise flow from owners, I have never used one but their observation is on point, a sun shade will help with the heat although tint would have been the best option.

Just have them put 4 gallons of 5w20 synthetic wit filters in the truck and6 quarts of dw_1 , rains(you will love it in the rain)
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by Mavor: 11:00am On Sep 28, 2013
sultaan: Well done people let the good advise flow from owners, I have never used one but their observation is on point, a sun shade will help with the heat although tint would have been the best option.

Just have them put 4 gallons of 5w20 synthetic wit filters in the truck and6 quarts of dw_1 , rains(you will love it in the rain)
hi, thanks for the advice. I don't understand what you mean by 4 gallons of 5w20 synthetic with filters in the truck and 6 quarts of dw_1. Could you please explain? Also it is a sedan not a truck. Thanks.
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by Fixed: 11:17am On Sep 28, 2013
I think he is just advising that you can get your buyer to also purchase original service parts that will last you for some time and send it in the vehicle. If possible you can also include brake pads. You can ignore the truck part.
Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by elektra80: 11:24am On Sep 28, 2013
Mavor: hi, thanks for the advice. I don't understand what you mean by 4 gallons of 5w20 synthetic with filters in the truck and 6 quarts of dw_1. Could you please explain? Also it is a sedan not a truck. Thanks.

5w20 is the recommended engine oil while dw1 is the atf

1 Like

Re: Questions On 2007 Honda Accord by Mavor: 11:42am On Sep 28, 2013
Fixed: I think he is just advising that you can get your buyer to also purchase original service parts that will last you for some time and send it in the vehicle. If possible you can also include brake pads. You can ignore the truck part.
i will be importing it from the US. Fairly used American tokunbo with low mileage.

(1) (Reply)

High Tech Car Theft Now In Nigeria? Kindly Share Stories/experiences / My Oil Light Comes On 1 Minute After I Start My Engine. / Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.