Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? (1713 Views)

African/blackroots Science Religion. Science Of Creation. / Bomb Shell As Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is False / Complete Story Of Creation: When did god create hell fire ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RationalDude(m): 11:57am On Sep 26, 2013
Is the creative power of humans a proof that humans were created by supernatural beings or a supernatural being?
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RationalDude(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
Any takers?
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RationalDude(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2013
21 views and 3 0 comment(s)
hmmmn...
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 30, 2013
Your marketing failed.

An interesting topic but bad text format
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RationalDude(m): 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
Logicboy03: Your marketing failed.

An interesting topic but bad text format
How best can I rectify it?
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RationalDude(m): 8:46am On Oct 01, 2013
{$bump: y%20e%20s}
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by NoProphecy: 11:15am On Oct 01, 2013
Is the fact that humans move their bowels proof that god takes massive dumps? This sounds like humans creating a god in their image.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
RationalDude: Is the creative power of humans a proof that humans were created by supernatural beings or a supernatural being?

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RationalDude(m): 6:13am On Oct 02, 2013
NoProphecy: Is the fact that humans move their bowels proof that god takes massive dumps?
No. So, what you are saying in essence is that human creativity proves nada. So, what will be your explanation as to why humans are creative?
This sounds like humans creating a god in their image.
Yeah, maybe.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RationalDude(m): 6:25am On Oct 02, 2013
Ray McBlue:

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
Can you prove your statement then? Prove that "what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof".
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 7:04am On Oct 02, 2013
RationalDude: Can you prove your statement then? Prove that "what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof".

“dismissed without proof"
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RationalDude(m): 7:09am On Oct 02, 2013
Ray McBlue:

“dismissed without proof"

"what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof" is self defeating since you can't prove the statement. What do you think about scientific theories that haven't be proven to be fact, should we just dismiss them like that?
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 7:53am On Oct 02, 2013
RationalDude: "what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof" is self defeating since you can't prove the statement. What do you think about scientific theories that haven't be proven to be fact, should we just dismiss them like that?

Leave science out of this foolishness. Your assertion was born out of sentiments and must be treated as such.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2013
RationalDude: Can you prove your statement then? Prove that "what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof".
Lololol. I am loving this. Guys, make my day.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 02, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Leave science out of this foolishness. Your assertion was born out of sentiments and must be treated as such.
I will like to see you tackle the question.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RationalDude(m): 8:29am On Oct 02, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Sentiments or not, my point is you can't just dismiss it like that. You should give reasons why it must be dismissed.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:35am On Oct 02, 2013
RationalDude: Sentiments or not, my point is you can't just dismiss it like that. You should give reasons why it must be dismissed.

Okay, since you insisted, I'm gonna serve it to you on a hot plate. Here goes...

Your question:

“Is the creative power of humans a proof that humans
were created by supernatural being(s)?”

My reply:

Humans are technically animals just like a common goat or dog you see everyday, anthropologically highly evolved, but at the end of the day, still animals. The evolutionary leap gave them an advantage that other animals weren't equipped with → an analytical mind. This in turn gave birth to all the other phenomena like speech, thought process, creativity, etc. Pretty straightforward, huh?

Last words:

Where and how exactly then, did you arrive at the supreme being annotation?
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by dejilg(m): 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
some ppl and d shit they say by believin in d "evolution" crap...so humans have been the only evovled species or "fossils" from ever since the "big bang"? How many billion years was that? Now someone is telling us that ever since, the other "non evolved" "analytically-less minded" animals have been doomed to not been able to "anthropologically highly evolved" and "equipped with → an analytical mind"...seems someone has paused evolution ever since...!!! shame on darwinism! Even the experiment he performed with his offsprings, failed!
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by wiegraf: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
No, it's god of the gaps. We don't understand how something works != god. Never has, probably never, ever will (depending on the definition of 'god').

Consciousness is probably related to the fact that unlike machines we are well capable of making mistakes and swinging with them, no problems. Also, our brains ever changing state, unlike mechanical machines of the day, all these making for its adaptability (or not, something like 'survival of the fittest'). Put in some chaos, perhaps quantum phenomena (if the temperature issues can be overcome) and uncertainty, etc etc

Regardless, however it works will be figured out eventually. 'Goddidit' is a copout.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by dejilg(m): 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
"survival of the fittest"? hmmm...no wonder the experiment worked ryt?!!!
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
So you would rather believe that some higher force is behind this whole setup, than risk looking outwards? What's the harm? Are you afraid that the little fairly tale you got going on will be blown away by the sound logic of the evolution theory? Why do you turn your nose to the word "theory" btw? Do you find it so threatening as to hold it in such contempt?

Remember that Newton's law of gravity was a theory, but that didn't made it any less true. Evolution is a theory alright...just like gravity. It's something you can take a pot shot at a safe distance, but can't really take on one-on-one.

Little wonder a certain man described faith as not wanting to know what is true. Keep living in your fools paradise.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by dejilg(m): 8:08am On Oct 04, 2013
Can anyone who has "sound logic" tell us why evolution has been paused? Assuming evolution is even something to go by! Why haven't we been seeing d world out of order of mixed animals in the so called transition state? It amazes me how chicks have been known to come from eggs and yet the existence of eggs haven't ceased! Nor caterpillars...etc!
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by Kay17: 8:23am On Oct 04, 2013
dejilg: some ppl and d shit they say by believin in d "evolution" crap...so humans have been the only evovled species or "fossils" from ever since the "big bang"? How many billion years was that? Now someone is telling us that ever since, the other "non evolved" "analytically-less minded" animals have been doomed to not been able to "anthropologically highly evolved" and "equipped with → an analytical mind"...seems someone has paused evolution ever since...!!! shame on darwinism! Even the experiment he performed with his offsprings, failed!

There is a problem with your stance, the theory of Evolution is not the truth or the absolute knowledge or scientific scripture, rather an understanding of the facts scattered around. It is an holistic interpretation of the facts we have so far collected.

The first assumption, the theory of evolution makes is that IF several species have substantial similarities, then there exists a relationship between them, they likely originate from a common source or ancestor.

2nd assumption is that species do not live forever, that at some points new species emerge, therefore responsible for the diversity of life.

And so far the facts appear to fit, yet it will be a ridiculous argument (such as yours) to claim humans haven't turned to something else, when the evolution proponents claim it takes millions of years for such changes.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 8:38am On Oct 04, 2013
dejilg:
Can anyone who has "sound logic" tell us why evolution
has been paused? Assuming evolution is even something to go by! Why haven't we been seeing d
world out of order of mixed animals in the so called
transition state? It amazes me how chicks have been known to come from eggs and yet the existence of eggs haven't ceased! Nor caterpillars...etc!

The way certain people thinks never fail to amaze me...

Evolution is a slow process, exceedingly slow but continous. Humans are still evolving just like everything else on earth. Humans of 21st century are obviously smarter than humans of 100 A.D. That's evolution at work, whether you want to accept it or not. It never pauses.

Humans will eventually conquer space but we haven't evolved to that level just yet. We are still at the archaic stage of evolution as our brain full potential remain largely untapped. I don't expect you to understand or believe this, but your descendant (next generation) will be a testament to the law of evolution as the next generation will undoubtedly usher in the next chapter of the evolution of man. They are the ones that will change the world as we know it.

Evolution is all around us, you breath it, live it, touch it, caress it, it's inevitable, unavoidable... just like gravity.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RationalDude(m): 9:06am On Oct 04, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Okay, since you insisted, I'm gonna serve it to you on a hot plate. Here goes...

Your question:

“Is the creative power of humans a proof that humans
were created by supernatural being(s)?”

My reply:

Humans are technically animals just like a common goat or dog you see everyday, anthropologically highly evolved, but at the end of the day, still animals. The evolutionary leap gave them an advantage that other animals weren't equipped with → an analytical mind. This in turn gave birth to all the other phenomena like speech, thought process, creativity, etc. Pretty straightforward, huh?
Plausible, yeah.

Last words:

Where and how exactly then, did you arrive at the supreme being annotation?

Most times, I just get amazed at what humans can do. Seeing how far we have gone in science & technology, art etc etc, sometimes I just think that there might be much at work here than just evolution.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by dejilg(m): 9:08am On Oct 04, 2013
Ray McBlue:

The way certain people thinks never fail to amaze me...

Evolution is a slow process, exceedingly slow but continous. Humans are still evolving just like everything else on earth. Humans of 21st century are obviously smarter than humans of 100 A.D. That's evolution at work, whether you want to accept it or not. It never pauses.

Humans will eventually conquer space but we haven't evolved to that level just yet. We are still at the archaic stage of evolution as our brain full potential remain largely untapped. I don't expect you to understand or believe this, but your descendant (next generation) will be a testament to the law of evolution as the next generation will undoubtedly usher in the next chapter of the evolution of man. They are the ones that will change the world as we know it.

Evolution is all around us, you breath it, live it, touch it, caress it, it's inevitable, unavoidable... just like gravity.

From all you have typed now! It just so visible that for one to believe in evolution, a greater faith is required compared to believing in a "supernatural" being!...so now that u r a man of the 21st century, as a person wud u say u r wiser than plato? Obviously u have evolved right?
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2013
Ray McBlue: ..

Humans of 21st century are obviously smarter than humans of 100 A.D.
Hmmm. This statement is somehow. Is it assuming Evolution as innovation or a cahnge in fotm? If the latter how?
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by dejilg(m): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2013
Kay 17:

There is a problem with your stance, the theory of Evolution is not the truth or the absolute knowledge or scientific scripture, rather an understanding of the facts scattered around. It is an holistic interpretation of the facts we have so far collected.

The first assumption, the theory of evolution makes is that IF several species have substantial similarities, then there exists a relationship between them, they likely originate from a common source or ancestor.

2nd assumption is that species do not live forever, that at some points new species emerge, therefore responsible for the diversity of life.

And so far the facts appear to fit, yet it will be a ridiculous argument (such as yours) to claim humans haven't turned to something else, when the evolution proponents claim it takes millions of years for such changes.

Well so far as all you have said, its based on the assumptions that it takes millions of years to evolve! More faith is required to believe such tale!
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 9:53am On Oct 04, 2013
Reyginus: Hmmm. This statement is somehow. Is it assuming Evolution as innovation or a cahnge in fotm? If the latter how?

Evolution comes in many forms. It isn't only limited to anatomy alone, there are other aspects to consider as well.

There is nothing wrong with my statement.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 04, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Evolution comes in many forms. It isn't only limited to anatomy alone, there are other aspects to consider as well.

There is nothing wrong with my statement.
I don't think you answered my questiom. Let me simplify it.
Can there be an improvement in the operations of the thinking faculty of there is no change in the thinking faculty?
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:11am On Oct 04, 2013
dejilg:

From all you have typed now! It just so visible that for one to believe in evolution, a greater faith is required compared to believing in a "supernatural" being!...so now that u r a man of the 21st century, as a person wud u say u r wiser than plato? Obviously u have evolved right?

Obviously, I'm not qualified to teach you a lesson in evolution, but know this:

Evolution can be defined as the gradual development of something, esp. from a simple to a more complex form.

A baby that transformed into a young adult within the space of 20 years, just underwent a minor form of evolution. Surely, it doesn't require much faith to believe that?

As for Plato, he was a genius, an anomaly if you will. He evolved far beyond his time. Every generation is blessed with such people.
Re: Human Creativity: A Proof Of Creation? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:12am On Oct 04, 2013
Reyginus: I don't think you answered my questiom. Let me simplify it.
Can there be an improvement in the operations of the thinking faculty of there is no change in the thinking faculty?

Absolutely. HUMANS Haven't actually maximized their brain potential, but whenever that happens in no distant future, the brain's outward anatomy will remain largely unchanged.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Prophecy From Apostle Johnson Suleman / Scientists Found Bible In Their Research / Misconceptions About Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.