Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Australian Education And Residence Permits? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Australian Education And Residence Permits? (1251 Views)

Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] / Can You Solve This Math That Baffled Australian Students? / Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australian Education And Residence Permits? by gugo(m): 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2006
Guys, I am a new member of this group. I gained admission into an australian university. I am wondering whether anyone has information on the relative ease of getting a residence permit in Australia
Re: Australian Education And Residence Permits? by gr8t(m): 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2006
How do you go about it and how can we make this helpful to people on nairaland with no strings attached?
Re: Australian Education And Residence Permits? by barrel(m): 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2006
u have to post ur particulars to australian embassy in south africa.call me if u need more info. 80823862401
Re: Australian Education And Residence Permits? by Wandungu(m): 3:54am On Oct 10, 2006
I thro'way Salute!!

Firstly if you are sure that is the institution you want to go to, you'll have to pay at least half of the tuition and bording fees if applicable. The institution will then send you a document known as "A Confirmation of Enrollment". You will then take this document together with the Acceptance Letter, a Bank statement of your sponsor(that shows enough funds to cover at least a whole semester) to the Australian High Commision in Lagos or Abuja (do'nt know if they have moved or not) when you present these documents, they will give you a Form for your medical exams and a list of the Physicians you can go to. After the medicals, the doctor will hand you the result in a sealed envelope and you take this back to the High Commision. If all is well, based on all the documents you have presented, you will be granted a visa for the duration of the course you are to study.

This is based on the process I went through in 1998. I got my visa from Zimbabwe cos I have a Zambian passport as momsie is Zambian. I studying my Bachelors in Perth, Western-Australia after which I moved here to the States.

Goodluck!!!!!!!!

Emeka. smiley
Re: Australian Education And Residence Permits? by gugo(m): 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2006
Guys,
The process for getting the australian student Visa may have changed a little bit. The australian embassy incharge of nigeria and the sub saharan africa is in Pretoria South Africa. After getting admission, you send your offer letter, passport, financial documents through DHL to the australian high commission in SA. DHL will collect the visa fee and courier fee. IF you are successful, they will send you a list of panel of docters. After that, u'll be instructed to pay some part of tuition to ur educational provider. Your educational provider(school) will subsequently issue u with an electronic confirmation of enrollment (eCOE) which u'll send to the embassy b4 being given a visa. The whole process takes approximately 3 months.
Re: Australian Education And Residence Permits? by kboy2z(m): 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2006
Why dont you go to DHL and ask for more informations about the Australian Embassy in South Africa or better still check on www.immi.gov.au for any information you want about Australia they have it all on there.

(1) (Reply)

When Is Adekunle Ajasin University Post Ume Coming Up / Delsu Admission List / Oau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.