Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 (6340 Views)

Telesales/customer Service Agent Vacancy At Jumia / Customer Care Agents Required / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by uboma(m): 10:58am On Sep 27, 2013
Jumia is Nigeria's number one online shopping destination where you can shop the widest selection of electronics, fashion, home appliances, kid's items and more in Nigeria and have them shipped directly to your home or office at your convenience! We offer free nationwide delivery, free returns and have several
convenient payment options to choose from, either with your debit/credit cards or cash on delivery. With affordable prices and great products, Jumia lets you enjoy an awesome shopping experience with your order sent directly to your doorstep. No muss, no fuss, super convenience guaranteed.

Jumia is recruiting to fill the position of:

Job Title: Entry Level Telesales/Customer Care Agents
Location(s): Lagos
Function: Customer Service (Supply Chain)
Job Type: Full-Time

Job Description
We are looking for young talented, customer centric, fresh graduates from all backgrounds. As a Telesales/Customer Service Agent, you will put customers at the center of your day, helping our customers with a range of products. We will make sure you are fully trained on everything we have to offer, so you can help our customers find the products that are right for them and can explain their various features and benefits. You’ll need to be flexible with your working hours.

Building relationships, giving straightforward help, going above and beyond our customers’ expectations are all essential parts of a great service. You will be a true people-person, able to talk to customers in a friendly and welcoming way and can bring the attention to detail.
Please note that this is an entry level position.

Duties will include but not limited to:
Advising present or prospective customers by answering incoming calls, converting inquiries into sales and making outbound calls.
Working towards and achieving stretching personal and team objectives
Identifying how we can best help customers.
Processing customer orders and up-selling products based on identified customer needs.
Maintaining quality service by following organization standards.
Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Being the first point of contact for customers

Required Qualities
Desired Skills
Computer Skills – MS office packages
Ability to work as part of a team
Self-motivated, delivers quality work and is proactive
Result driven as this is a high-performance, output environment
Ability to work to targets
Ability to self-manage and self-motivate- must be a self-starter
Min. Qualification: Bachelors
Min. Years of Experience: 0 - 2 years
Fast and accurate in typing (at least 39 words per minute)
Dynamic and enthusiastic person with good written and verbal communication skills
Persuasion and Influencing skills, strong negotiating skills
Good work organization, time management skills and ability to work under pressure
Ability to work quickly, methodically and accurately
Sound interpersonal skills

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online

http://www.jumia.talentbase.ng/index.php/login/jobdescription/47

Application Deadline 15th October, 2013
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by biodun4ril: 11:28am On Sep 27, 2013
uboma:
Jumia is Nigeria's number one online shopping destination where you can shop the widest selection of electronics, fashion, home appliances, kid's items and more in Nigeria and have them shipped directly to your home or office at your convenience! We offer free nationwide delivery, free returns and have several
convenient payment options to choose from, either with your debit/credit cards or cash on delivery. With affordable prices and great products, Jumia lets you enjoy an awesome shopping experience with your order sent directly to your doorstep. No muss, no fuss, super convenience guaranteed.

Jumia is recruiting to fill the position of:

Job Title: Entry Level Telesales/Customer Care Agents
Location(s): Lagos
Function: Customer Service (Supply Chain)
Job Type: Full-Time

Job Description
We are looking for young talented, customer centric, fresh graduates from all backgrounds. As a Telesales/Customer Service Agent, you will put customers at the center of your day, helping our customers with a range of products. We will make sure you are fully trained on everything we have to offer, so you can help our customers find the products that are right for them and can explain their various features and benefits. You’ll need to be flexible with your working hours.

Building relationships, giving straightforward help, going above and beyond our customers’ expectations are all essential parts of a great service. You will be a true people-person, able to talk to customers in a friendly and welcoming way and can bring the attention to detail.
Please note that this is an entry level position.

Duties will include but not limited to:
Advising present or prospective customers by answering incoming calls, converting inquiries into sales and making outbound calls.
Working towards and achieving stretching personal and team objectives
Identifying how we can best help customers.
Processing customer orders and up-selling products based on identified customer needs.
Maintaining quality service by following organization standards.
Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Being the first point of contact for customers

Required Qualities
Desired Skills
Computer Skills – MS office packages
Ability to work as part of a team
Self-motivated, delivers quality work and is proactive
Result driven as this is a high-performance, output environment
Ability to work to targets
Ability to self-manage and self-motivate- must be a self-starter
Min. Qualification: Bachelors
Min. Years of Experience: 0 - 2 years
Fast and accurate in typing (at least 39 words per minute)
Dynamic and enthusiastic person with good written and verbal communication skills
Persuasion and Influencing skills, strong negotiating skills
Good work organization, time management skills and ability to work under pressure
Ability to work quickly, methodically and accurately
Sound interpersonal skills

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online

http://www.jumia.talentbase.ng/index.php/login/jobdescription/47

Application Deadline 15th October, 2013

I really wouldn't advice anyone to cross there. If you have a job currently, stay where you are. Jumia will draw you out of your current job and render you jobless. About 45 people were layed of around end of november 2012 and another set of 40 layed off end of june 2013. I can say it because a lot of my friends are victims of this employer of labour. If you don't have a job, you can take it with the mind set of contract. But if you have, please don't cross to jumia. It might be the wrongest decision u will make in ur career.

3 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by princessmay(f): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
yeah dats true
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
thanks for the heads up guys, am currently unemployed and considering applying since its better than staying at home, and like you said, taking as a contract job, but then I would luv to know, how much do they pay? thanks for your anticipated prompt reply
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by FirstPrinciple(m): 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
y were they layed off?.... i would realy love to know.
[quote author=biodun4ril]

I really wouldn't advice anyone to cross there. If you have a job currently, stay where you are. Jumia will draw you out of your current job and render you jobless. About 45 people were layed of around end of november 2012 and another set of 40 layed off end of june 2013. I can say it because a lot of my friends are victims of this employer of labour. If you don't have a job, you can take it with the mind set of contract. But if you have, please don't cross to jumia. It might b
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by yuiop(m): 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
Pls how much do they pay?
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by kingsolve(m): 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
I once worked there. I had high hopes and expectations of the coy before going in because of the buzz all over the net. But I got burned and had to resign from there. Still licking my wounds and tending it to heal well. Didn't enjoy the treatment I got there nor the whole settings. If you are jobless and have nothing doing, you may go there. But please like the other person advised, I would not advice you leave your present job for this. Over time I believe the coy would get better and standardise things though. It has prospects if things are done well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hmmmm....
I know what the people here are saying might be entirely true...
I know the day they fired some people... My friend was scared that they though but havent heard from him...

However it is very wrong to tell people not to cross there if they dont want to get burnt... In my opinion it is not totally right.

I believe some people have been working with them since the inception of the company and they are happy... So just like any other job, understand that no one is indispensable and do your job well and be goal driven. Look for better jobs till you reach where you are happy and comfortable...

Also have dreams and personal goals... Not just to keep working for someone. Build yourself wherever you are but at the end of the day, the information here is just an information and its left to individuals to make their choices.

The ball is in your court.
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by blessed4ril(f): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
@op, the site is nt openin! Afta enterin ur details n clik on register it bounces bac! Pls nid help on hw 2register and apply asap!

Tanx in advance
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by mrking3(m): 4:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
Why are you guys ignoring †ђξ damn question? HOW MUCH IS THE TAKE HOME? ... Or weren't you guys paid all through †ђξ period? Answer the question! If †ђξ take home is impressive, I will venture into it! Not minding †ђξ ugly experience you guys had!

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by nnecar(f): 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by blessed4ril(f): 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
nnecar: 96k

Pls am findin it difficult registerin! It kept on bouncin bac wen eva I click on register after entering the required data!

Pls is there anoda way 2get tru it?
Useful info on how 2get this resolved will b appreciated!
Tanx in advance!
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
blessed4ril:

Pls am findin it difficult registerin! It kept on bouncin bac wen eva I click on register after entering the required data!

Tanx in advance!

First, make sure you are using a PC.

If you've clicked on 'register', check your email for a message from talentbase containing your login details.
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by mrking3(m): 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
blessed4ril:

Tanx in advance!
I successfully applied with my phone! And got confirmation mail immediately! Keep trying! Might be network issues!
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by blessed4ril(f): 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
mr_king: I successfully applied with my phone! And got confirmation mail immediately! Keep trying! Might be network issues!

Tanx dear!
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2013
96k? Hmmm... Nt 2 bad na, if i dey there 2 months cut out, atleast d dough go reach me rent haws 4 my masters degree na
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by Erza: 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
I wonder what would have led to them laying off staff like that. performance issues maybe. that aside, I think this is the 2nd customer care recruitment this year...
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by taiwogurl: 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
mr_king: I successfully applied with my phone! And got confirmation mail immediately! Keep trying! Might be network issues!
i applied also but did not get confirmation mail..pls should i reapply
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by mkoabiola: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2013
Is it for HND or bsc?
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by Erza: 9:19am On Oct 04, 2013
taiwo gurl:
i applied also but did not get confirmation mail..pls should i reapply

If you're sure you completed your application, then check your inbox and spam mail. Applying again might come across as multiple entry though there's nothing about it in the advert. #JustSaying
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by paulchukky: 10:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
GOD will see us through.... cool

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by Blakeballo: 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
pls could you enlighten me on how their interview looks like?
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by adepiero: 7:47am On Sep 17, 2014
I applied and wrote the interview yesterday. I passed each level of the interview and watched others being screened out as the interview requires you to pass the current level before qualifying for the next one. after about 3hrs. only seven of us made it to the final level and we were told to read a paper containing different words and after that a girl was automatically employed and a guy was told to wait behind while the rest of us were told to go. I was pissed because after putting so much effort as well as the other people just one person was picked from the lot.
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by adepiero: 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
mkoabiola: Is it for HND or bsc?
I have two friends with no degrees working for jumia. I guess they are more concerned with ur capability than your degree. A thing idea Nigerian companies should embrace.
Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by uboma(m): 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
adepiero: I applied and wrote the interview yesterday. I passed each level of the interview and watched others being screened out as the interview requires you to pass the current level before qualifying for the next one. after about 3hrs. only seven of us made it to the final level and we were told to read a paper containing different words and after that a girl was automatically employed and a guy was told to wait behind while the rest of us were told to go. I was pissed because after putting so much effort as well as the other people just one person was picked from the lot.

I understand the feeling Bro. Dont allow the feeling of disappointment overwhelm you. Learn from the experience, develop your self further and explore other opportunities.

All the best to you.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Telesales/customer Care Agents @ JUMIA - September 2013 by MYLYN(f): 6:12am On Sep 30, 2014
Interested in becoming a Jumia sales consultant? Please send your name, email address and phone number to M_lyn4eva@yahoo.com.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY N-agro, Applicant The Process Is Slightly Different. / Adexen Recruitment Agency Job Vacancies (15 Positions) / The Federal Neuro Psychiatric Hospital Job Recruitment, 2013. (14 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.