Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,106 members, 7,852,748 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:07 AM

I Need Help On A Project! - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / I Need Help On A Project! (1309 Views)

C# Developer Needed For Collaboration On A Project. / As A Final Year Student In Nd2 Computer, I Am To Write A Project: Pls I Need Assistance. / I Need A Php Team For A Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On A Project! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2008
I am quite at loss at what to do as a project topic, can anyone help me here? I am a final year student from the department of computer science, i would love it if i could get an old project to guide me, i need one asap, thanks
Re: I Need Help On A Project! by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 25, 2008
Try defining your own project. That way you have more control, and your lecturer also gets to learn something new. I did that for mine.
And if your supervisor is a correct guy, you will be assured of a good grade.

Regards
Re: I Need Help On A Project! by joekayode: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2008
think of a problem in environment (school, home, hospital etc) try to think of the way of using computer to solve the problem (designing something that may subtitute the human intervention)

if you try to other peoples problem, i think you will get your our problem solved

thanks
Re: I Need Help On A Project! by Samiso: 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2008
You could do

*HOSPITAL REGISTRATION SOFTWARE
*ONLINE BANKING SOFTWARE
*ONLINE E-BOOK DOWNLOAD
*SCHOOL ADMISSION SOFTWARE

You could call me on 08029056826 for more help.
Take Care.
Re: I Need Help On A Project! by Bashaito: 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2008
Why dont you do your project on face recogntion software, u'll definately get a 1st for that, check out this link: http://www.face-rec.org/
Re: I Need Help On A Project! by tboy1(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2008
Bashaito:

Why don't you do your project on face recogntion software, u'll definately get a 1st for that, check out this link: http://www.face-rec.org/

you're kiddin right, here is someone who cannot even decide his own topic and you want to him to develop a face recognition software!!!

yomola:

I am quite at loss at what to do as a project topic, can anyone help me here? I am a final year student from the department of computer science, i would love it if i could get an old project to guide me, i need one asap, thanks
As a final year student you do not seem serious - sorry if i seem rude but its the truth.
you should not be comin her asking for a project topic,what you need to do is decide what you're good at or comfortable with, then use goggle to research (i'm very sure if you type computer science projects in google, you'll get enough results ), then you can come back and ask questions - this way people would respond to your thread more , but so far you don't seem like a serious person

BTW
don't forget once you finish your project,you have to do a presentation and different question would be thrown at you, so make sure you're fully prepared
Re: I Need Help On A Project! by Bashaito: 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2008
tboy1
By the way, I’m not kidding.

Also can we keep this thread as objective as possible please, anyone contributing to this thread should try and keep it as positive and objective as possible please. Saying “am i kidding" doest really say much to me, especially when I’m not.

Going forward, constructive criticism is welcomed not crass remarks about their ability to develop software when you don’t even know the person. What criteria did you base your remark on

This is the problem, with an attitude like that how the hell are we going to meet the software challenges going forward, when it comes across defeatist?

What I can do is tell you is this, Face recognition is an extremely innovative and dynamic area.
Currently, F.R apps have failed to "recognize" face images stored on a database if the face under test has aged, wears glasses, grows a beard, or the impact of different light (e.g. sunshine )

A lot of funding is being thrown at research & development (R&grin) by major government agencies here in the U.K. Also, there are a number e companies that are currently working on similar projects

I think individuals should be encouraged, not discouraged.
Anything is possible and people have to start from somewhere. All the greats did e.g. Apple, Hotmail, Blogger.com, etc, and in some cases, their ideas morphed into different products over time ( in this context it could be: Finger recognition, voice recognition, or eye ( Retina) recognition)

Let’s encourage our budding IT youth, not discourage them, everybody needs guidance ( I thought that was the objective of the this collaborative, idea sharing forum right?
Re: I Need Help On A Project! by femu(m): 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2008
Yomola u can call me on 08034209301 or femu_2001@yahoo.com for a list of interesting and available topics u can choose from
Re: I Need Help On A Project! by tboy1(m): 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2008
yomola:

@ Bashaito
this is from his post, does this look like someone who really wants to develop a face recognition system? that is why i asked if you were kidding . . .im sorry if it came out rude, but that was not my intention. i also fully understand what you're saying but this is someone who does not even know what topic to choose . . . i also believe the universities should give students different topics and its up to the students to choose which one they want to choose or if they decide to select another project which is not in the list.
if someone else had come here saying they are interested in building  ***** project and if i have time, i have no problem contributing to the thread . . . i have once given a dude here on nl the project i did in university (remote control dimmer switch using radio frequency) with no problem and i even chatted with him a few times on yahoo . . . this is because he wanted to build somethin' similar to what i did and he was really serious about the whole thing

@ poster
please come back with the project you've selected and hopefully you'll get more replies
Re: I Need Help On A Project! by Bashaito: 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2008
That’s fine. I didn’t mean to come across harsh, however, encouragement and guidance is the key here (out here in the U.K that is)

You’re also right about the dedication, diligence, hard work and FOCUS that need sto be put into developing software, those concerned please take note.

I’ve been in the software development industry for over 10 years now and have worked on both sides of the fence, by that I mean, as a software developer and as a software tester. My motivation for this was my growing concern (appalled is the right term!) at the amount of buggy software being shipped into commercial use).

I currently work within the software testing domain which is equally as challenging, my main focus being managing performance (web applications) test teams

If there is anyone has questions regarding testing (that why i subscribed to this forum in the first place) please feel free to contact me.

emekaonwubalili@hotmail.com

Good luck!

P.S: I wrote my thesis on face recognition software
Re: I Need Help On A Project! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 02, 2008
tboy its obvious you have stayed abroad for too long and  that you know nothing about Nigerian University, Thanks you all anyway, for your help i really apprieciate it
Re: I Need Help On A Project! by Bashaito: 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2008
Are their any buddiing Objective - C programmers out there? , basically extends C and C++

As mobile convergence is all the rage, there are quite a number of Objective - C iPhone application devlopment roles out there!

(1) (Reply)

Affordable School Management Software / London Sims,2 In 1 For London And U.s.a Is Available Now For Sale / Programmer Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.