Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition (5736 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition by Gpattern(m): 9:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
I was asking a friend of mine some time ago, if he can show me where in scripture that there is church wedding, he took me to the story of Jesus turning water into wine at a marriage, i then told him that that marriage was the Jewish traditional marriage and Jesus never went there to officiate? so my question is: is Church wedding scriptural and important?
Re: Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
Its white man's tradition, there no record of the cannanite wedding being held in a church
Re: Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition by taiocol: 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
nt just a white man tradition bt a public stunt

1 Like

Re: Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition by Goshen360(m): 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
There's nothing like 'church' wedding in the New Testament. Whatever wedding any believer wants is approved of God.
Re: Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition by oluwadartey: 9:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
Nopes, I no read anywia wey Mary nd Joseph marry 4 church or anybody else.
Re: Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
nigerian version of church wedding/reception is totally useless, u spend huge money on things you dont necessarily need just to impress people that dont even care.

1 Like

Re: Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition by Gpattern(m): 9:48pm On Sep 27, 2013
991: nigerian version of church wedding/reception is totally useless, u spend huge money on things you dont necessarily need just to impress people that dont even care.
never thought about that. Most of the time these people we are trying to impress really dt care. And the foolish ones end up been deptors.

1 Like

Re: Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition by Gpattern(m): 10:01am On Sep 29, 2013
Gpattern: I was asking a friend of mine some time ago, if he can show me where in scripture that there is church wedding, he took me to the story of Jesus turning water into wine at a marriage, i then told him that that marriage was the Jewish traditional marriage and Jesus never went there to officiate? so my question is: is Church wedding scriptural and important?

(1) (Reply)

Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? / Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . / Christians, Is It A Sin To Name My Bulldog Yahweh?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.