Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,900 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad (4951 Views)

Nigerian Women Turned To Sex-Slaves In Dubai / 7 Women Arrested In Ondo For Prostitution And Child Trafficking / Four Women Arrested Over Stolen Baby Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by Seastone(f): 8:55am On Jun 26, 2008
In Oslo the capital of Norway prostitution is legal.
Since 2004 over 2000 drifferent Nigerian woman has "worked" here. They come from Italy and travel around.
It has become so bad that one can't even go down the main street without people assuming you are a prostitute, if you are black.
The sad part of the story is that 7 days ago the police arrested 17 Nigerian women that are Norway citizens (that have lived here for over 15years) and one man for human trafficking. They called the arrest operation Benin.
It is time for the Nigerian government to react. We as Nigerians must react and not turn a blind eye.

Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by bilymuse: 9:15am On Jun 26, 2008
[b]what do you want the government to do.

Our government are compose of bunch of 419, criminals and treasury looters. All they care about is to loot the economy to the tune of N240 million daily. Amybody who stand against them will be eliminated. their action and inaction leave many innocent Nigeria no alternative than to become criminals and prostitutes[/b
].
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by Seastone(f): 9:21am On Jun 26, 2008
So you see no hope for the future?
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by Kobojunkie: 9:58am On Jun 26, 2008
Seastone:

In Oslo the capital of Norway prostitution is legal.
[b]Since 2004 over 2000 drifferent Nigerian woman has "worked" here. They come from Italy and travel around.[/b]It has become so bad that one can't even go down the main street without people assuming you are a prostitute, if you are black.
The sad part of the story is that 7 days ago the police arrested 17 Nigerian women that are Norway citizens (that have lived here for over 15years) and one man for human trafficking. They called the arrest operation Benin.
It is time for the Nigerian government to react. We as Nigerians must react and not turn a blind eye.

I am betting the number is far more than that. This issue is not in anyway new and I don't think the government can do much about it as majority of the people involve in the trafficking of women are ordinary Nigerians, some with ties to the government. Until the people get a change of mind, we may see more of this.
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by landis(m): 10:11am On Jun 26, 2008
The sad part of the story is that 7 days ago the police arrested 17 Nigerian women that are Norway citizens (that have lived here for over 15years) and one man for human trafficking.

Can you go back to 'Norway govt' and tell them these people are NORWEGIANS?

I am sure if they have won NOBEL Prize, they wont remember they were once NIGERIANS.

Cased Closed nothing for us or Nigerian Govt to do.

Tittle should read: Norway arrested 17 Norwegians for Human Trafficking.
grin cheesy grin
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 26, 2008
Who dey patronize those fat ass chicks sef? grin
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by coolier(f): 10:56am On Jun 26, 2008
I bet J. C Jeans and Clothes is smiling to the banks!
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by otokx(m): 10:59am On Jun 26, 2008
Our government no get hand for this matter since they are now norweigians.
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by UNLEASHED(m): 11:09am On Jun 26, 2008
What I think the Government could do is to start thorough screening for Nigerians travelling to Norway, Still it's a kind of a silly suggestion, They can travel somewhere else and go to Norway from there. I don't think Government can do something about this. But why is it that Nigerians have the largest percentage of prostitute recorded. Na only God fit save this country O!
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by Seastone(f): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2008
I know since they are Norwegian citizens and the police is takeing care of the the issue is.
There are thousands of Nigerian women travling abroad every year to en up in prositution.
Why nigerians?
And nobody seems to care.
This could be your mother, sister, friend or whatever. And the Gov. knows this.
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by landis(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2008
Seastone:

I know since they are Norwegian citizens and the police is takeing care of the the issue is.
There are thousands of Nigerian women travling abroad every year to en up in prositution.
Why nigerians?
And nobody seems to care.
This could be your mother, sister, friend or whatever. And the Gov. knows this.

This case is closed since we both agreed the 17 are NORWEGIANS.

For those Nigerians who are not NORWEGIANS and go there for prostitution its a combination of:

1. poverty
2. mis-information
3. society attitude

If you can address all the 3, atleast Nigeria girls would not do this abroad but then there girls from russia + eastern europe too.

Mind you, EU/US ladies do 'tourist prostitution' in Dominica Republic, Kenya, Gambia. They go after 'Black Beach Boys'.
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by Seastone(f): 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2008
This case is closed since we both agreed the 17 are NORWEGIANS.

For those Nigerians who are not NORWEGIANS and go there for prostitution its a combination of:

1. poverty
2. mis-information
3. society attitude

If you can address all the 3, atleast Nigeria girls would not do this abroad but then there girls from russia + eastern europe too.

[tr]Mind you, EU/US ladies do 'tourist prostitution' in Dominica Republic, Kenya, Gambia. They go after 'Black Beach Boys'.[/tr]

And i know, but Dominica Republic, Kenya, Gambia etc. should deal with that.
We as Nigerians should deal with our own.
No matter citizenship, they are still Nigerians. If you are born and raised in a barn you don't become a horse

The gov. has and continue to remain silent, and the sisters and daugther of are land are being raped and killed!
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by texazzpete(m): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2008
landis:

Mind you, EU/US ladies do 'tourist prostitution' in Dominica Republic, Kenya, Gambia. They go after 'Black Beach Boys'.

Anyt links to show they actually demand for and collect money for sex from these 'Black Beach boys'?

Unless there's solicitation of cash, it ain't prostitution.
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by Seastone(f): 12:07pm On Jun 26, 2008

Anyt links to show they actually demand for and collect money for sex from these 'Black Beach boys'?

These Boys are also prostitues, they offer sex for money no differnce
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by landis(m): 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2008
texazzpete:

there you go. so what do you call it? Romance?

they pay their rents, buy them gifts, send them money every month from US/EU

http://www.visavismag.com/content/view/40/76/
grin cheesy grin

These Boys are also prostitues, they offer sex for money no differnce
yes. it is both ways.
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by abdurrazaq(m): 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2008
Nigeria is not attractive to her current inhabitants. Everybody in Nigeria is trying hard to get out of here. Without proper education, no profession, how do you expect these 'lucky' Nigerians to engage in better work than prostitution.

The Nigerian Government should do everything within its power to discourage massive emmigration (how to do that - I can't shout).

Nigerian parents should not forget their beginings. Is it not this part of the world that we were thought that 'good name is better than gold and silver put together'. Nigerians have lost their dignity just because of what won't last - MONEY
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by Seastone(f): 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2008
Nigerian parents should not forget their beginnings. Is it not this part of the world that we were thought that 'good name is better than gold and silver put together'. Nigerians have lost their dignity just because of what won't last - MONEY
This is so true but!

When and why when money is involved you will find a Nigerian involved?
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by oldie(m): 1:28pm On Jun 26, 2008
Seastone:

When and why when money is involved you will find a Nigerian involved?

Because our value system is warped. So so wrong
But there are other thousands of Nigerian women in Norway who do decent jobs, however lowly.

The bottom line is this get-rich mentality, my car is bigger-than-yours mindset that some of our
youths possess.

We need to start changing this.
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by codedguy1(m): 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2008
@ poster

I thought you said prostitution is legal in oslo.

So why are they arresting them naaaaaaaaaa grin
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by presido1: 3:52pm On Jun 26, 2008
coded guy:

@ poster

I thought you said prostitution is legal in oslo.

So why are they arresting them naaaaaaaaaa grin
They are doing it in the illegal way, They are not registered hence they don't pay tax.
texazzpete:

Since they are from EU/US i know you will spill your blood to defend them.
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by RedHotChic(f): 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2008
Nigeria is not attractive to her current inhabitants. Everybody in Nigeria is trying hard to get out of here. Without proper education, no profession, how do you expect these 'lucky' Nigerians to engage in better work than prostitution.
Please! I milked cows in a farm in Nebraska, drove trucks, delivered pizza in America so i can make a living before i graduated,so, why won't these girls do the same? Some of them have millions of naira stashed somewhere but they still continued in that trade b/c they are lazy and greedy. Does it mean that men that find themselves in the same situation turn to prostitution to get by? The truth is that prostitutes are in every culture and tradition and not peculiar to Nigeria or Norwegians.
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by landis(m): 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2008
Please! I milked cows in a farm in Nebraska, drove trucks, delivered pizza in America so i can make a living before i graduated,

Very good for you.

I wonder how much you will make to do same in Abakaliki
grin cheesy grin
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by seyibrown(f): 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2008
There are people in Nigeria and especially at the helm of affairs who know what to do to help the situation of Nigerians but they just simply don't care!

If Nigeria cares for it's citizens, they won't go abroad to prostitute.

What does the Nigerian goverment do for the average Nigerian throughout their lifetime?
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by RedHotChic(f): 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2008
Very good for you.

I wonder how much you will make to do same in Abakaliki
You think I made a fortune doing those jobs besides paying rent and food.
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by folahann(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2008
There is nothing Nigerian govt can do about this

the ones in Nigeria are not getting enough

not to talk of the one who have naturalised abroad

what do you expect when prostn is legal in your country
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by asamuel: 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2008
Seastone,

This one that you are defending the 17 Nigerians arrested, I fear oo! Are you a prostitute too? Do you like what they are doing? I do not expect Nigerian government to do anything concerning this. There are many people suffering in Nigeria who have not flown abroad for prostitution even when they have the chance to. Benin people are fond of this and when the former governor's wife said she was campaigning against human trafficking, she was collecting money from two sides - from Italian Government and Nigerian Government - only to be promoting the same act.

We all know what's happening. When you girls were doing it and coming home every December to buy flashy cars and build houses in Benin, you did not call on Nigerian government. Every thing has the dark side. That is just the beginning of the "Operation Benin". You better hands off prostitution yourself, travel somewhere else with whatever money you have made and look for work to do. Else, you will soon be arrested too. God forbid anyway.

Good luck.
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by Seastone(f): 7:30pm On Jun 26, 2008
[td]Seastone,

This one that you are defending the 17 Nigerians arrested, I fear oo! Are you a prostitute too? Do you like what they are doing? I do not expect Nigerian government to do anything concerning this. There are many people suffering in Nigeria who have not flown abroad for prostitution even when they have the chance to. Benin people are fond of this and when the former governor's wife said she was campaigning against human trafficking, she was collecting money from two sides - from Italian Government and Nigerian Government - only to be promoting the same act.

We all know what's happening. When you girls were doing it and coming home every December to buy flashy cars and build houses in Benin, you did not call on Nigerian government. Every thing has the dark side. That is just the beginning of the "Operation Benin". You better hands off prostitution yourself, travel somewhere else with whatever money you have made and look for work to do. Else, you will soon be arrested too. God forbid anyway.

Good luck.[/td]

You are not well asamuel. I am trying to create a discution to get a feel about how Nigerians react to this. You seem jealous of prostitutes, that´s sick and sad! shocked
And the fact that you justify it by saying we all know what´s happening, you to are Turing blind eye.
The once that you see come home(at all) are not the once working on the corner.
I have seen girls no older then 15!!! I kills me. One girl even asked me where she could by a diary She looked 13.
They rarely talk to other black people because the 17 that has been arrested, that use them for their own gain. Nigerians don´t trust other balck people in general. Why has it come to this. Nigerians everywere need to wake up. To us Nigerians they are prostitutes to the world they are Nigerians. Now imimagine you sister, mother, daughter walking down the street and all people see is a prostitute. This my friend is our problem Nigerians problem!
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by asamuel: 7:40pm On Jun 26, 2008
My sister or mother cannot be working on the street and be called a prostitute. When you see a prostitute, you will know. If you dress, mince and talk like one, you will be called so. I am sure there are few other Nigerians in Norway who cannot be harrassed in the "Operation Benin" thing. If you guys wash your pants, nobody will attempt to wash it for you. The picture you showed shows that many of you Nigerians are involved in the act there. Like I said, come out of the act, and if you see any other Nigerian, warn them to come out. That's the only campaign that would save you guys. If you cry from today till tomorrow, nobody would rise to your aid from Nigeria. If you heard that Yar'adua is talking about how Nigerians are treated in South Africa, it's because those Nigerians are in South Africa other than prostitution.

Again, good luck!
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by Seastone(f): 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2008
My sister or mother cannot be working on the street and be called a prostitute. When you see a prostitute, you will know. If you dress, mince and talk like one, you will be called so. I am sure there are few other Nigerians in Norway who cannot be harrassed in the "Operation Benin" thing. If you guys wash your pants, nobody will attempt to wash it for you. The picture you showed shows that many of you Nigerians are involved in the act there. Like I said, come out of the act, and if you see any other Nigerian, warn them to come out. That's the only campaign that would save you guys. If you cry from today till tomorrow, nobody would rise to your aid from Nigeria. If you heard that Yar'adua is talking about how Nigerians are treated in South Africa, it's because those Nigerians are in South Africa other than prostitution.

Again, good luck!

If you do not want to listen fine. I am not a prostitute and like I said. To us they are easy to see. To white people, we all look alike. Now, it is a common fact that nigerians go over seas to prostitute. Now we have to take responebillty. Do we wish to be known only for 419, corruption and prostitution. If not the government, then who? They still roul the country? The situation in SA is horible. But do not blame the black SA this is just another game of divid and c, and we all know it
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by asamuel: 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2008
Hi Seastone,

I'm sorry for accusing you as prostitute in the first place. It's the way you were defending them in the first place that made me do that.

Now, I am in the US and I need to tell you that what some black people are doing here is terrible. Can you imagine people who win lottery and come here only to still be smoking hemps, acting as fucking boys to old white ladies when as young men, they could look for work to manage with and study for 4 years and land a good job. Sometimes in the US here, I weep for Africans. Sometimes I begin to wonder if we are cursed. It is true that we lack good leaders. It is true that we are poor. But the only way out will be when everyone decides to make something good out of life himself. I have been reading Nairaland career and I see how Nigerian youths are struggling to pass JAMB, get admission, or travel out to study. While will some people in the same country be consumed only with the thought of travelling out for prostitution? I was in Benin in 2006 when some Italians lodged in the same hotel with me. When we were discussing, they told me they were sent by their government to come and see what's wrong with Benin parents who sponsor their children abroad for prostitution. It is true that some of these children don't even know their mission until they get there. But they later adjust and even prefer the life to any other thing. That's what's wrong.

We can get out of this dungeon that bad leadership in Africa has plunged us. I advise every Nigerian youth at this time not to look up to the government for anything. We don't have government. We don't have leaders. If you take your life by the horns and direct your prayers to God, you will succeed without 419 or prostitution. I am very sure. And if we will all struggle, we could change the future of Africa.

This is my point, Seastone.
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by asamuel: 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2008
I am sure that settles it!
Re: 17 Nigerian Women Arrested Abroad by Thor(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2009
What is the problem, they were arrested and probably will be deported. Not to worry, I am sure that their are plenty of more Nigerian prostitutes waiting to take their place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnapper Evans Concubine Chilling In His Magodo Estate Masion Earlier On. / Explicit Viewers Disrection Collections On Nairaland (viewers Discrection) / Man Kills Commercial Sexworker With Intercourse { Photo }

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.