Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

4 Worst Job-hunting Tips Of All Time - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 4 Worst Job-hunting Tips Of All Time (613 Views)

My Funny Job Hunting Experience / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Worst Job-hunting Tips Of All Time by afroprofile: 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2013
When times are tough in the job market, it only makes sense that business is booming in the “advice about how to get a job” industry.

Since 2009, when the U.S. unemployment rate hit 10.2 percent, it’s been easy to find seminars on how to land your dream job, books on how to make an impression at an interview, and articles on every aspect of the process, from what kind of card stock to print your résumé on, to how to optimize your handshake at a job interview (guilty!).

But along with all the good advice, there’s plenty of bad advice that will make you wonder if these so-called career advisers are trying sabotage any chance of landing an interview.

Here, the bottom four tips we’ve seen:

Get your foot in the door
GuerillaJobHunting.com says that if you’re trying to land an interview, you’d be smart to “go to a discount shoe store and buy a good pair of loafers on sale.”

Then put one shoe in a box “with a card that says ‘Now that I have one shoe in the door, let me introduce myself…’” Mail it to prospective employers and wait for the job offers to come pouring in.
http://afroprofile.com/blog/2013/09/26/4-worst-job-hunting-tips-time/
Read more on:http://afroprofile.com/blog/2013/09/26/4-worst-job-hunting-tips-time/

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For A Secretary / Airtel Nigeria Recruits Territory Sales Manager / Female Accountant Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.