Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja (7208 Views)

A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) / School Railing Collapses In Lagos, Injuring 8 Students / Admission Into Fct School Of Nursing/midwifery Gwagwalada Abuja Now On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Fynestboi: 10:17am On Sep 29, 2013
fynestboi: IT was a sad day yesterday in Nyanya, a satellite town and a suburb in the nation’s Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja when a storey building in one of the FCT owned Government Secondary School, GSS collapsed with eight students critically injured.

An eye witness told Vanguard that a section of the balcony of one of the storey buildings was affected, just as all the female students involved in the incident sustained various degrees of injuries, including broken limbs.

According to a source, one of the students who fell head down lost
half her teeth immediately and some of the victims have since been rushed to the Maitama General Hospital in Abuja, but no life was lost.

Speaking to Vanguard on telephone, the Director, Development Control of the FCDA, Yahaya Yusuf who disclosed that no life was lost, said that the hospital management was quick to attending to the injured students, adding that he was immediately at site to inspect, even as he stressed that instruction has been given that no work should be carried out there until integrity test was done to ensure that the other structure was strong enough for any additional structure.

Responding swiftly to the development, Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, Senator Bala Mohammed ordered that a one-storey block of classrooms at the Government Secondary School, Nyanya be sealed off.

Senator Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed gave the directive yesterday in Nyanya while inspecting the site.

The Minister who was represented by the Coordinator, Abuja Metropolitan Management Council (AMMC), Architect Reuben Okoya directed the Department of Development Control to investigate further to identify the cause.

The Minister immediately visited Maitama District Hospital where the students that sustained what he termed minor injuries were taken to for immediate medical attention.

At the hospital, Senator Mohammed instructed the Education Secretariat to foot all the medical bills of the injured students and that the Chief Medical Director of the Hospital must give the students special attention.

The Principal of the School, Mrs. Ngozi Ezeh during the inspection remarked that students were leaning on the hand railing of the canopy above the main entrance measuring 1.2×1.5m when it gave way.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/collapsed-fct-govt-secondary-school-injures-8-students-abuja/
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 29, 2013
well dayummm. hope no one died undecided

1 Like

Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by ebamma(m): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2013
Thank God nobody died
Thank God am second to comment
Thank God Jonathan is president
Thank God we won at swansea yesterday
Thank God we are now the table toppers

1 Like

Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Caracta(f): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2013
A school collapsed? Gosh! Where are we heading to in this country? I'm sure the collapsed building didn't just collapse magically...it gave signs that were ignored. Sometimes i just wish i could snap some people's necks and kick them to oblivion.

Why do we like "managing" things? That building was "managed" till it collapsed. The same way some drivers would "manage" a car with a bad tyre.

5 Likes

Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by B3sty(m): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2013
God...come to our rescue in this country called Nigeria...Get well soon "injured students".
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by reyes57(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2013
God is with us. hmmmmmmmm. people it is well. but how come there is no picture.
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 29, 2013
ebamma: .
upgrade ya service man. what are ya using ? the snail network ? smdh
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by hotswagg12: 11:12am On Sep 29, 2013
Wishing dem speedy recovery

1 Like

Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Caracta(f): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2013
reyes57: God is with us. hmmmmmmmm. people it is well. but how come there is no picture.

Wetin you wan use the picture do? You wan repair the building?

2 Likes

Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by ebamma(m): 11:14am On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: upgrade ya service man. what are ya using ? the snail network ? smdh
i hate u man, u took my first position from me only to post well, are u well at all?
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by YusufG: 11:14am On Sep 29, 2013
That's NaijaFor You
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Memyselfu2009(m): 11:14am On Sep 29, 2013
It's good no life was lost

1 Like

Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 29, 2013
ebamma: i hate u man, u took my first position from me only to post well, are u well at all?
grin grin grin better luck next time after you upgrade ya snail network lwtmb

1 Like

Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by BabaEleko(m): 11:17am On Sep 29, 2013
Imagine government owned building collapsing. The same mofo regulating how private properties are built.

1 Like

Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Brimmie(m): 11:17am On Sep 29, 2013
Sad
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Brimmie(m): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2013
Baba_Eleko: Dfjhcss

tongue
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by otijah(m): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2013
ebamma: Thank God nobody died
Thank God am second to comment
Thank God Jonathan is president
Thank God we won at swansea yesterday
Thank God we are now the table toppers
your problem is from your village. You have been sworn for in your village that you will remain a disgrace even in social networks
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Zeleez: 11:25am On Sep 29, 2013
God help ur pple everi thing in dis country seem to be fake n substandard, even our leaders rubish!!
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by sunstyle(m): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2013
ak
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by nijanigga: 11:31am On Sep 29, 2013
Why is this not a breaking news?
Beaking news. Nigeria attack:Suspected Islamist gunmen target college- number of students are feared dead http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24322683
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by agrovick(m): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2013
This is sad
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by seunfly: 11:35am On Sep 29, 2013
I wonder how government will enforce building standard on private developers if they themself can not construct a standard structures. Press also are not helping the matter cos they don't report government collapes building. The headquater of FCT hospital managment board in Utaka beside bef plaza has collapes for some time now, nobody ever say anything about it.
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2013
Poor journalism...No pics.
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Akshow: 11:37am On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: upgrade ya service man. what are ya using ? the snail network ? smdh
nwa nne smdh kwa? I hope u don't mean 'shake my dull head'
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by shejane: 11:40am On Sep 29, 2013
Thank God it was nt on skul days

God u are wondaful
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by Innodon(m): 11:41am On Sep 29, 2013
They won't rebuild any of those death traps across the country which they use as learning structure.
Re: Collapsed FCT School Injures 8 Students In Abuja by shejane: 11:41am On Sep 29, 2013
Nd mr bala caled it MINOR hmmmm oga I pray make ur children no experience minor injury oooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Wondered Why You Always Wake Up Just Before You Die In Your Dreams??? / The Polytechnic Ibadan, 2016/2017 Admission Processes / When U Eat A Yoruba Woman Stew For The First Time(hilarious Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.