Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,530 members, 7,958,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? (780 Views)

“The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief / How Would You Greet By 9pm? / How Did You Greet Your Spouse This Morning, What Makes It Special? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 30, 2013
What baffles me is me greeting my parents/elders after they must have eaten EVEN when i did not partake in the meal.. ...how many of you still do it? Do you have a particular reason for doing it.
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by Nobody: 1:00am On Sep 30, 2013
*parents
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by spenca: 6:33am On Sep 30, 2013
Lot of blunders makes it difficult to understand your write up but you stating the tribe would go a long way in helping
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by bokohalal(m): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
oluwaugo:
What baffles me is me greeting my parents/elders after they must have eaten EVEN when i did not partake in the meal.. ...how many of you still do it? Do you have a particular reason for doing it.
Who does that? Maybe its a family thing.
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
bokohalal:
Who does that? Maybe its a family thing.
do you mean yoruba's dont do it?
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by ifyalways(f): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
I don't. I don't expect anyone to do so too. Doesn't make sense or seem right.
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by bokohalal(m): 6:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
oluwaugo:
do you mean yoruba's dont do it?
I would not know. I am Edo.
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
i dont get it undecided
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
*Kails*:
i dont get it undecided

for instance you dad jst finished eatin during that time you did not eat bt you must greet him for eating.
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
One of the funny aspects of our culture. I'm expected to say "Thank you, ma/sir", to any elderly relative who happens to be around when I finish a meal.... Even when he didn't pay for the meal, or assist in any way in preparing it.
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by bokohalal(m): 11:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
Radoillo: One of the funny aspects of our culture. I'm expected to say "Thank you, ma/sir", to any elderly relative who happens to be around when I finish a meal.... Even when he didn't pay for the meal, or assist in any way in preparing it.
Name the culture.
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 01, 2013
bokohalal:
Name the culture.

I'm Igbo. I don't know if its a general Igbo thing. But it is a thing in my hometown.
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by bokohalal(m): 12:09am On Oct 01, 2013
Radoillo:

I'm Igbo. I don't know if its a general Igbo thing. But it is a thing in my hometown.

Do not know if you are really Igbo. However,Ifyalways is Igbo and has no inkling of such custom. Naming your hometown will go a long way.
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
Radoillo:

am also igbo,delta igbo 4 dat matter.
Re: How Many Of You Greet Your Parents After A Meal Which You Did Not Eat? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
oluwaugo:
for instance you dad jst finished eatin during that time you did not eat bt you must greet him for eating.

Lmao! I've never seen or heard that before.

(1) (Reply)

Which Yoruba Subgroup Has The Most Abusive Tongue / . / Did You Know Shawn "Jay-z" Carter Is A Nigerian Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.