Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,981 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Meet And Be Inspired By Astro Saulter, An Artist With Cerebral Palsy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meet And Be Inspired By Astro Saulter, An Artist With Cerebral Palsy (557 Views)

Cerebral Palsy Treatment / Premature Babies: Brain Damage, Cerebral Palsy, Disabilities And Hbot Effect / Dyslexia, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Brain Injury, Stroke And Hbot In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet And Be Inspired By Astro Saulter, An Artist With Cerebral Palsy by infonubia(m): 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
"I believe there is art is every single one of us" - Astro Saulter

Astro Saulter is a 33-year-old Jamaican artist with cerebral palsy. He uses a program called EZ-Keys that allows him to control his computer with head motions; he uses vector drawing programs like Inkscape, PowerPoint and Macromedia. Some pieces take days, some take weeks, and the longest, his brother says, has taken 3 months.

According to his brother, Astro's brother, his love for art could be credited to their mother who always encouraged Astro's creativity. She died seven years ago.

Astro describes his passion in his artist's statement: "I love being an artist, and I really enjoy what I do. I take a lot of pride and enthusiasm in imagining and creating new art all the time. No matter who you are or where you come from or even if you have a disability, if you have a dream or vision of something you really want to do in life, you must face that challenge, that goal head-on."

InfoNubia is spotlighting Astro Saulter today. You are an inspiration to us. We hope you continue to do what you do best. Also, thanks to technology for giving wider possibilities.

Watch this video and be inspired!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc86mIbXRig

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/09/meet-and-be-inspired-by-astro-saulter.html

(1) (Reply)

‎Nigeria Doctors Commence ‘total And Indefinite’ Strike, Tuesday – NMA President / Ebola Outbreak Not Right For Testing Experimental Vaccines, Drugs: Experts / Best Way To Avoid Ebola Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.