Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Dont Drink Water If Bleeding From An Injury And Thirsty - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dont Drink Water If Bleeding From An Injury And Thirsty (32977 Views)

Guy Sustains Injury After A Drink-Drive Fatal Accident (Graphic Pics) / Be Careful, Dont Drink This Pure Water. / Bleeding From manliness..pls HELP!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Drink Water If Bleeding From An Injury And Thirsty by doclek(m): 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
I felt I shd open this new thread to correct the wrong information in another post that advised pple to drink water if they have gun-shot wound and bleeding.I am a senior medical doctor and can talk authoritatively on this
Most accident and injury victim have been killed by people that tries to help them but went on to kill them in the process.When a man is injured,and bleeding,especially in case of internal bleeding he will be very thirsty and crying for water because of haemovascular anomaly caused by the bleeding.If you give such people water it's equivalent to mopping away all the remaining blood that would have sustained them for a while.You could as well as slaughter them than give water.PLEASE DONT GIVE WATER TO AN ACCIDENT/INJURED VICTIM CRYING OF THIRST.
Also when you are at an accident site,don't move people anyhow.Most accident victim that becomes paralyzed today did so because the people that were "helping" them actually break their spinal cord while "trying to help".PLEASE IF YOU HAVE TO HELP,DO IT RIGHT

3 Likes

Re: Dont Drink Water If Bleeding From An Injury And Thirsty by emperorchedda(m): 8:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Copied

1 Like

Re: Dont Drink Water If Bleeding From An Injury And Thirsty by wbankz(m): 9:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
Yes sire
Re: Dont Drink Water If Bleeding From An Injury And Thirsty by Elcapo(m): 10:58am On Oct 01, 2013
We dig that sire!
Re: Dont Drink Water If Bleeding From An Injury And Thirsty by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
as for d spinal cord stuff, dat's good advise but d issue of water's kind of toxic-how does giving water to a dehydrated trauma victim ''mop away'' his remaining blood?!
Re: Dont Drink Water If Bleeding From An Injury And Thirsty by doclek(m): 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
@Justsaurus,I assume u really want to know.The blood is made up of two component:The. Plasma or liquid part and the blood cells which consist of RBC,WBC and the Platelet.(Im not here to teach physiology or biology,I don't have the luxury of time.Im only here to correct a misinformation).When someone is bleeding.He's lost a large percentage of his blood already and the little left are trying to compensate(I might not be able to explain details so I won't complicate it).But in simple term,when you give more water,u don't add to the blood cell,you only dilute the blood,and eventually cause hemolysis (shey u remember ur Osmosis and diffusion in Biology)e.t.c,so in simple term,you destroy the remaining blood.Thank you
Re: Dont Drink Water If Bleeding From An Injury And Thirsty by kayword(m): 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
@op, so what is usually the first thing doctors do in such a situation? And how do u compensate for the lost blood too?
Re: Dont Drink Water If Bleeding From An Injury And Thirsty by doclek(m): 10:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
Let me be straight to the point.What u do 4 injured pple is first aid until u can get them to the hospital.The doctors know what to do when the victim get to them.You can't learn that on nairaland.I'm sorry if I can't answered all question posted on this topic,hope other informed pple will do that 4 me.I can't always be available.Tanx.

(1) (Reply)

Residents Flee As Death From Strange Disease In Ondo Rises / Before You Get That Tattoo / What Causes Your Bad Breath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.