Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,803 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:28 PM

Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor (762 Views)

Advise On Getting Into Tuition Free South African Universities / Direly In Need Of Information On Getting A Post Graduate Deg Ree Abroad. / Help On Getting B.ed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by ajasa4link: 9:48am On Oct 01, 2013
Hello friends,.currently writing my final year project and am already through with literature review and almost through with my research methodology, just that my supervisor requires me to get an 2 articles on insurance either from jstor or emerald(which are paid site to get academic articles) so as to make some valuable points in my research methodology. In fact,it's just these two articles that are preventing from moving to chapter 4... I learnt these two sites allow people who are subscribed to the site to download articles for free, What I need now is anybody who has access to jstor or emerald to help me out on How to get the articles...Or if there is a way to walk around it sha...Tnx in advance
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by Infomizer(m): 10:23am On Oct 01, 2013
If you don't mind, provide the title and author(s) of the papers. I got me an idea.
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by ajasa4link: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2013
Infomizer: If you don't mind, provide the title and author(s) of the papers. I got me an idea.
.Thanks...it's not a definite paper,am just searching for keywords, I.e any article that states that "there is a correlation between commissions paid to insurance intermediaries and underwriting profit" or "there is a relationship between insurance intermediaries and profitability of insurance companies" or " there is a relationship between insurance commission and claims paid to insureds".....NB: the words in quote are my key search words. THE man just wants me to make my point on an already published work,hence he told me to search for authors who have made such claims in their works
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by Infomizer(m): 10:48am On Oct 01, 2013
ajasa4link: .Thanks...it's not a definite paper,am just searching for keywords, I.e any article that states that "there is a correlation between commissions paid to insurance intermediaries and underwriting profit" or "there is a relationship between insurance intermediaries and profitability of insurance companies" or " there is a relationship between insurance commission and claims paid to insureds".....NB: the words in quote are my key search words. THE man just wants me to make my point on an already published work,hence he told me to search for authors who have made such claims in their works
And he specifically wants 'em from jstor and emerald?
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by ajasa4link: 10:51am On Oct 01, 2013
Infomizer:
And he specifically wants 'em from jstor and emerald?
Not really,I guess it's because it's a paid site and he felt they will have the best articles,hence his bias ,if I can get it elsewhere that will be fine
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by Infomizer(m): 11:35am On Oct 01, 2013
Hope it's not too urgent? I need some time coz I'm presently on the road and will need some time on my lappy. Any deadlines?
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by ajasa4link: 11:43am On Oct 01, 2013
Infomizer: Hope it's not too urgent? I need some time coz I'm presently on the road and will need some time on my lappy. Any deadlines?
no,but was thinking of getting it today or tomorrow so I can prepare my writeup between now and weekend sha
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by Infomizer(m): 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2013
ajasa4link: no,but was thinking of getting it today or tomorrow so I can prepare my writeup between now and weekend sha
Let's see what today would bring. I'll get back to you later tonight.
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by ajasa4link: 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
Infomizer:
Let's see what today would bring. I'll get back to you later tonight.
Ok,Tnx bro...I really appreciate
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by Infomizer(m): 10:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
ajasa4link: Ok,Tnx bro...I really appreciate

Sup bro..
I have pasted the links to 3 articles that I think address your issues. I would have attached them but NL wouldn't allow me attach any file that has a size higher than 200kb.
Pardon the impertinence, if any. I'm an Engineering graduate, not Insurance! Do feel free to let me know if they are not relevant.

http://www.aria.org/rts/proceedings/2010/Compensation_Regan.pdf
http://www.wu.ac.at/ipm/other/egrie2011/programme/papers/vii.b2.ju.pdf
http://www.aria.org/meetings/2007papers/IIA%20-%202%20-%20Prakash.pdf

You're welcome ;-)
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by ajasa4link: 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
Infomizer:

Sup bro..
I have pasted the links to 3 articles that I think address your issues. I would have attached them but NL wouldn't allow me attach any file that has a size higher than 200kb.
Pardon the impertinence, if any. I'm an Engineering graduate, not Insurance! Do feel free to let me know if they are not relevant.Tnx bro,I will download and
http://www.ceedings/2010/Compensation_Regan.pdf
http://www.wu.ac.at/ipm/other/egrie2011/programme/papers/vii.b2.ju.pdf
http://www.aria.org/meetings/2007papers/IIA%20-%202%20-%20Prakash.pdf ...Tnx bro,I will download and check it out.I really appreciate ur kind gestures

You're welcome ;-)
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by ajasa4link: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
Tnx bro,I really appreciate ur kind gestures,will check it out now
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by Infomizer(m): 10:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
ajasa4link: Tnx bro,I really appreciate ur kind gestures,will check it out now

Alrighty..No sweat buddy!
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by ajasa4link: 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
Infomizer:

Alrighty..No sweat buddy!
Ok, please can u help me check for anything on " influence of intermediaries on the profitability of insurance companies "
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by Infomizer(m): 11:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by ajasa4link: 10:18am On Oct 02, 2013
tnx bro.....will go through everything today
Re: Help On Getting 2 Articles From Jstor by ajasa4link: 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
Those journals are reallY helpful, please I saw a paper which was cited in one of the journals and it will complement my work if I can lay hands on it...here it is: THE COEXISTENCE OF MULTIPLE DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS FOR FINANCIAL SERVICES: THE CASE OF PROPERTY-LIABILITY INSURANCE ( BY. Berger,Allen, J David Cummings and. Mary A. Weiss

(1) (Reply)

ASUU/ Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At N-assembly / Delta State University 2013/2014 3rd Batch Admission List / At What Age Did U Start Reading??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.