Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,142 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

P Square Into Shipping, Now That's Smart - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / P Square Into Shipping, Now That's Smart (625 Views)

This Ghanian Twin Insist They Are Better Than P- Square (photo). / Peter (P-Square) Shares A Picture of Him And His Wife / Hot New Pics Of Peter From P-square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

P Square Into Shipping, Now That's Smart by PGPBlkb: 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
P SQUARE
I can remember in 2003 when I first heard P Square, then I had discovered love for hip hop and rap music and the trend of then, “foreign art”, by then I and my peers had a lot of disregard and disrespect for P Square then, I remember I and my friends then commenting on how wack and what copy cats the peter and Paul duo was.
Then we all loved Eminem’s cleaning out my closet, 50 cent’s in da club and bone thugs and harmony’s home in which they featured Phil Collins.
Only local art we had love for then was the living legend, Tuface Idibia, then I can remember African Queen been a massive national hit, street credibility with nice and from nice we had Gong aso, photocopy and I personally loved, the way I dey live now.
I later developed love for them when the game over album came out which was an instant favorite for me then, by then I had picked interest in rap and hip hop and had recorded a couple of tracks, that’s when I knew about Mixtape and saw what P Square were doing in another light and came to appreciate them, I remember personally listening to the Game Over album with my friends where we all had different tracks we loved greatly, it was the hay of our youth then in mount saint Gabriel’s secondary school where our beloved Idibia also sometime schooled and we were experimenting drugs, rap, girls and a lot of things then among which music was center stage then, a lot of my friends then also did one genre of music or the other, some are still doing it like me and some have put it aside.
Today I turn on trace and see P Square with Rick Ross, personally am not a fan of Rick Ross but it was a thing of pride for me when I saw our own P Square with the Maybach Music Boss.
One great lesson I learn from the duo of Peter and Paul is this “Whatever opinion people may have of what you do and no matter how loud they shout, keep doing that something and get better at it, they have an opinion they probably are doing nothing so they have the time, if you keep at it, one day they may be dreaming of Range Rover Sports, same car you are successful enough to give as an engagement gift”, the world was made out of nothing in just seven days by just word of mouth, nothing is impossible including your dreams, nothing can be the whole world in seven days if you believe and keep at it.
You probably love our Naija music industry greatly the way I do now and you may have been following all the national hits, then you will agree with me that our country Nigeria is really great and we have so much young, diverse and rich talent in our beloved home, you can download our indigenous tracks on great Naija sites.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Iyanya's Hacked Twitteraccount Direct Messages / Ini Edo Got A Fendi Bag Customized For Her / Meet The Brazilian Man Who Thinks He Is Jesus (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.