Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,459 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Amazing Tricks On Java S40 Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Amazing Tricks On Java S40 Phones (11773 Views)

2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS. / How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones / Full Bible Download For S40 Phone Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Tricks On Java S40 Phones by mavister(m): 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
Hello all

Today we would be learnin how to customize our s40 nokia phones(java phone) to do some amazing things that its counterparts s60 can do. Without much ado.i would list out what we are gonna do and i'l take time to explain.sorry there may not be any screenshots.

1.what is an s40 phone?
An s40 phone is a mobile device running the java OS and as such is limited.i:e it has it limitations as it cannot do things like multitasking, flip-fonting and a host of others.appilcations that run on this OS are programmed using java.

The first thing is changing default font of S40.
changing of fonts on s40 has never been easy as it is on s60 devices.. So for this purpose , we would be needing some software for this purpose.kindly search for them on net and download.
Step 1
(A).PPmod
(b)the firmware of ur phone. U can use NAVIFIRM to download it.u can alternatively use a custom firmware but be sure its right for ur fone.
(c)flashing software.u can use jaf, phoenix, infinity box etc .this would be used at the end to flash the firmware u have edited into ur phone.
(d)font files with which u would use to replace the default font .i hav a very beautiful font.the name is MONOTYPE CORSIVA. u can download it from net.about 100kb.. And ensure the one ur gettin is a true type font (.ttf)

now to the main show.
Step2 Now run Ppmod.click on open a tree.then browse your firmware files and open the ppm file.Ppm file is named like rm561_v9.56.ppm_mh
Step3
Wait for like 20-30 secs depening on the speed of your processor and the file size to load the tree. Now expand the tree ,and click on PPM.
Then click on VFNT.
Step4
You can see some chunks named as DIGI,CNDS,RGLR,STSB,SBNL.
Step5
.now right click one by one and click on export from binary ,then select your .ttf font in the pop up window.
Step6.
after changing your fonts,click on create PPM option.wait few sec.Then save it.
Step7
now your ppm file is ready.flash it to your phone with the MCU file..
Remember!
=phone flashing is risky if you dont know about it well.
=if you are using windows 7 then change the compatibility of ppmod.exe and trix.exe to windows xp.otherwise ppmod will crash at time of loading the ppm file.
=you have to use the perfect version of ppm and mcu file to edit and flash to your mobile.
=during font change the value of some subchunk will automatically deleted,so to avoid this problem save the ppm file after changing every ttf files.
=keep in mind that the font size is normal because large font cant be displayed perfectly in your mobile.
=check that all other sub chunk of tree remain unchanged after editing it.
Enjoy
i need ur comments.

How to play .flv videos on ur s40 phone.
For this purpose..we download a software called JFLVplayer. And whoola...its all done ..

MORE COMING SOON.
Re: Amazing Tricks On Java S40 Phones by mavister(m): 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2013
HOW TO MAKE UR S40 PHONE MULTITASK LIKE SYMBIAN PHONE.
what is multitasking?
Multitasking is the ability of a device to be able to run more that one applications or tasks simultaenously.now what i mean here is that for you to say your phone is multitasking, it means u can 2g0, whatsapp; facebook, and still do othere things without neccesarily exitting one app to be able to use another.
Now coming to s40 phones. S40 phones cant multitask cause they lack the API code to do so on 3rd party apps unlike their counterparts (symbian,andriod etc) below is how we gonna make this happen.

Procedure
Steps.
1-Download JAF on pc. (go to 4shared.com to download)
2-Connect your Phone with pc in PC-Suite Mode. (exit all pc suit services by going to task manager and hitting services button and scrolling down to get any service related to pc suite or ovi suite)
3-Open JAF and go to BB5 Tab.
4-Tick the following.
a-Read pp.
b-Normal Mode.
c-CRT 308(Already Ticked).
5-Now Click Service.
6-Save the *.pp file on Desktop.
7-Open the *.pp file in Notepad.
8-In case the Phone is-
a-Nokia s40 v3 then Search for 28 1 line and change it to 28 2
b-Nokia s40 v5 then Search for 48 and change it to 48 2 (this thing help to unblock ur security)
c-In case there is no 48 or 28 then add the Appropriate line i.e 48 2 or 28 2. to the first row.
9-Save the *.pp
10-Open JAF>BB5 Tab.
11-Tick the following:
a-Upload pp
b-Normal Modec CRT-308 (Already Ticked)
12-Click on Service.
13-Select the *.pp File.
14-After it shows Done, Select Normal Mode from the Drop Down Menu.
15-Phone will Restart and show “Test in RNDIS USB mode?” Press NO. This popup will be shown on every restart. This is normal..(its the most important thing, do not press yes)
Now we have successfully disabled the Nokia Security wall.
Edit Java Application.
Steps
1-Copy the Java(.jar) application to the computer.
2-Open the *.jar file with WinRAR.
3-Browse to Meta-Inf Folder and Open it.
4-Open the Manifest.MF file in Notepad.
5-At the end of the codes add this line Nokia-MIDlet-no-exit: true
6-Save the notepad file.
7-Click on Yes when WinRAR asks to Update the Archive.
8-Copy the *.jar file to Nokia.
To Minimize the Application Open the application and press the Red button once. To Restore the Application Go to the folder where the application is and then press on the application once. Thats it. its simple to use but its partial , only the apps you have editted can multitask . Also it have a limit of 4 multitasking app at a time, but you will enjoy this. Have a good time.
Re: Amazing Tricks On Java S40 Phones by wman(m): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2013
Following
Re: Amazing Tricks On Java S40 Phones by ninja4life(m): 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
Following thread,would hav loved to try d multitasking stuff but right now i cant,nice work by d op.
Re: Amazing Tricks On Java S40 Phones by ninja4life(m): 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
Following thread,would hav loved to try d multitasking stuff but right now i cant,nice work by d op.likey.
Re: Amazing Tricks On Java S40 Phones by basugar441(m): 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bros plz i wud nid to chat wit u on on 2go. My username z "busarihameed". I don do dat of Multitasking since January. I wud lyk to know about dat font changing.
Re: Amazing Tricks On Java S40 Phones by basugar441(m): 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bros plz i wud nid to chat wit u on on 2go. My username z "busarihameed". I don do dat of Multitasking since January. I wud lyk to know about dat font changing. My email z busarioyewole@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN / Check Whether Your Mobile Phone Is Original / MTN Increases Night Plan Bundle Limit From 500MB To 2GB And Time From 11pm - 6am

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.