Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up (1144 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / Dead Man Wakes Up After Three Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
A Muslim man who had a sudden brain aneurysm that left him in a coma has converted to Christianity following a near-miraculous recovery.

Karim Shamsi-Basha was in a coma for a month in 1992 but when he woke up, he began a 20-year journey that lead to him becoming a Christian.

His neurosurgeon told him he had seen very few people in his condition go on to make a full recovery and suggested that Mr Shamsi-Basha find out why he survived

Syrian-born Mr Shamsi-Basha wrote a book about his journey, called PAUL AND ME, which includes chapters about Paul - one of the Bible's best known figures - whose conversion to Christianity took place in the city of Damascus.

The author and photojournalist grew up in a closely-knit Muslim family in Syria who were tolerant of all faiths, with a best friend who was a Christian, but he did not seriously consider changing religion before his illness.

Mr Shamsi-Basha told the Christian Post that he practiced Islam as a teenager.

'I prayed five times a day. I walked to the mosque before sunrise. I fasted the month of Ramadan,' he said.

When he was 18 he left the country, ran by the first Assad regime, to study at the University of Tennessee in the U.S. before working as a photojournalist at a local newspaper in Birmingham Alabama, getting married and fathering a son.

It was in 1992 when he was covering a fire at Independent Presbyterian Church for his local newspaper, that Mr Shamsi-Basha collapsed in its car park where he suffered a brain aneurism that could have left him paralysed, The Marietta Daily journal reported

After months of therapy, Mr Shamsi-Basha made a full recovery which he describes as 'miraculous'.

On the road to recovery, Mr Shamsi-Basha, who now lives in Nashville, Tennessee, began to read the Bible and was baptised in 1996, but he said it took the end of his first marriage, the death of his father and homelessness, until he fully believed in Jesus.

Mr Shamsi-Basha told the religious publication that God takes 'credit for my conversion. It was the grace of God that saved me.'

While life has changed dramatically for the author, he is still close to his Muslim family.

His sister lives in Damascus, while more of his relatives are based in Homs, one of the Syrian cities that has been worst hit in the ongoing civil war.

Mr Shamsi-Basha said: As far as my family goes, we're terrified. Who knows who is dead and who is alive.'

Click for more information: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2439973/Muslim-man-coverts-Christianity-recovering-brain-aneurysm-left-coma-month.html

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by adepojuot: 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
Glory be to God,I am happy for you.
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Born2beRich1(m): 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
Good for him...Maybe he discovered that he made a mistake.
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by PastorOluT(m): 10:47am On Oct 02, 2013
Thanks be to God, He always have a way of making Himself known!
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by vedaxcool(m): 11:24am On Oct 02, 2013
Different strokes for different folks! At-least he is not like some Christians who wouldn't mind conning everybody just to rich and famous!

https://www.nairaland.com/1321731/faaaake-ex-muslims

1 Like

Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
vedaxcool: Different strokes for different folks! At-least he is not like some Christians who wouldn't mind conning everybody just to rich and famous!

https://www.nairaland.com/1321731/faaaake-ex-muslims

One thing we should understand is that we have the freedom to make our own choice in respect to religion..nobody forced the man to convert from being a muslim to being a christain..he encounterd God when he read the bible simple..Am glad that you said some christains because some muslims too arent innocent from decieving the people for their own selfish gains and exploits...Do you know how many fakes from islam goes on air to preach falsehood against christainity? I dont have a problem with Muslims but you guys should be more concerned about proving to the world how Islam is a religion of peace and not coming here to say trash about christains!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by vedaxcool(m): 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
joel lala:
I dont have a problem with Muslims but you guys should be more concerned about proving to the world how Islam is a religion of peace and not coming here to say trash about christains!

It is the truth not trash you can decide to follow the link https://www.nairaland.com/1321731/faaaake-ex-muslims or take a chill pill and take life easy . . .
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
vedaxcool:

It is the truth not trash you can decide to follow the link https://www.nairaland.com/1321731/faaaake-ex-muslims or take a chill pill and take life easy . . .

You are the one who actually should take life easy..you run up and down whenever you see something not going in favour of islam..we all know that there are decietful people hiding under the umberralla of christainity likewise there are decietful people too that are hiding under the umberalla of islam..so before you come here to remove the speck of dust from the christains eyes, first remove the log of wood from you muslims eyes..Also, i dont need to follow the link because everyone already knws about your religion..you can confirm from the kenyans if you wish..
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
"Brain disease causes conversion to christianity".

Sort of confirms what we have been saying all along.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
Islam is perfect. whoever comes before God with something else, it will be rejected.

so God knows why the man had a change of religion. The Decision is with God and so is the reward.

many have changed their religions.

a man who changed his religion from Islam to the religion of his woman, at length the woman rejected him when the woman woke up from a nightmare of going to hell. Before reaching it an angel snatched her and gave the good news that her place in hell has been taken by somebody else, her new husband. and she is now in the place of the man in paradise.

she asked why? the Angel of God said her husband left the religion of Islam and for that God throws him out of hell and takes you to his place in Paradise since he is now taking your place in hell by his love on earth for you, showing that you are his object of worship.

the woke up from the sleep that afternoon and found her husband in the living room, napping. Her steps from the bedroom woke him and she said to him; 'i am leaving you for abandoning Islam, the religion ordained by God to His creatures. You are not worthy of my love because of your abandoning the Order of the One Who sustains!'

The shock of the news killed the man as the woman walked out without looking back.

God knows the heart. Whatever evil is in the heart, God will reveal it.

The guy with brain aneurysm that woke up converting deserves what he will get if he died on disbelief after satan seduced him out of Guidance; the religion of prophets {AS} to each of them. After all Jesus was not a christian, why would anybody convert out of the religion of Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Ismail, Isiaq, Jacob, Joseph and his brothers, Moses and Aaron, Joshua, etc, etc, Zacharia, John, Jesus and Muhammmad [as to each of the mentioned and the unmentioned of 124,000 [about]], unless those destined to perish? May God guide us all and cover us with His Mercy and prevent us from His Punishment. Amin.

if you do not worship as the prophets [as] worshiped, your faith is lost and you belief is rejected.
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: "Brain disease causes conversion to christianity".

Sort of confirms what we have been saying all along.

You just jealous because nobody is converting to satanism..you just a sore loser..

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
It takes one sort of madness to know the other grin
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
RoyPCain: Islam is perfect. whoever comes before God with something else, it will be rejected.

so God knows why the man had a change of religion. The Decision is with God and so is the reward.

many have changed their religions.

a man who changed his religion from Islam to the religion of his woman, at length the woman rejected him when the woman woke up from a nightmare of going to hell. Before reaching it an angel snatched her and gave the good news that her place in hell has been taken by somebody else, her new husband. and she is now in the place of the man in paradise.

she asked why? the Angel of God said her husband left the religion of Islam and for that God throws him out of hell and takes you to his place in Paradise since he is now taking your place in hell by his love on earth for you, showing that you are his object of worship.

the woke up from the sleep that afternoon and found her husband in the living room, napping. Her steps from the bedroom woke him and she said to him; 'i am leaving you for abandoning Islam, the religion ordained by God to His creatures. You are not worthy of my love because of your abandoning the Order of the One Who sustains!'

The shock of the news killed the man as the woman walked out without looking back.

God knows the heart. Whatever evil is in the heart, God will reveal it.

The guy with brain aneurysm that woke up converting deserves what he will get if he died on disbelief after satan seduced him out of Guidance; the religion of prophets {AS} to each of them. After all Jesus was not a christian, why would anybody convert out of the religion of Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Ismail, Isiaq, Jacob, Joseph and his brothers, Moses and Aaron, Joshua, etc, etc, Zacharia, John, Jesus and Muhammmad [as to each of the mentioned and the unmentioned of 124,000 [about]], unless those destined to perish? May God guide us all and cover us with His Mercy and prevent us from His Punishment. Amin.

if you do not worship as the prophets [as] worshiped, your faith is lost and you belief is rejected.

@Royp, how do you know that satan was the one that made him to convert to christainity?
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
joel lala:

You just jealous because nobody is converting to satanism..you just a sore loser..

Unlike your self-confessed jealous god, Satan does not need converts. He already have trillions of soul knocking at the gate and begging to join us in hell.
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Unlike your self-confessed jealous god, Satan does not need converts. He already have trillions of soul knocking at the gate and begging to join us in hell.

Trillions of souls begging ke?!! The last time i checked, the worlds population was just about 7billion..I suspect that the satanic spirit has entered your head again for you to yarn this kind trash..
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
joel lala:

Trillions of souls begging ke?!! The last time i checked, the worlds population was just about 7billion..I suspect that the satanic spirit has entered your head again for you to yarn this kind trash..

guess how many humans have already died since thousands of years. Don't hurt your brain calculating. Just guess.
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
@joel lala; what makes a man takes a man as God is nothing short of the deception of satan.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

guess how many humans have already died since thousands of years. Don't hurt your brain calculating. Just guess.

If you dont know, several estimates and research have been done on how many people lived the earth dating back several years ago till now and none of them gave an estimate of 1trillion people talkless of trillions!
Read here: www.wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_have_ever_lived_since_the_beginning_of_time

Stop allowing satan to brainwash and miss-guide you ok.
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
RoyPCain: @joel lala; what makes a man takes a man as God is nothing short of the deception of satan.

Just like how you guys even respect mohammad more than Allah himself that you guys are even willing to destroy and blow up a whole nation for him(mohammad)..Hypocrisy is just in your heart..
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
joel lala:

If you dont know, several estimates and research have been done on how many people lived the earth dating back several years ago till now and none of them gave an estimate of 1trillion people talkless of trillions!
Read here: www.wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_have_ever_lived_since_the_beginning_of_time

Stop allowing satan to brainwash and miss-guide you ok.

Hehehe. Where do I begin?

Even a simple guess you cannot make as advised. You have to go and google a nonsensical calculation done probably by an illiterate christian who cannot distinguish between "taking" and "talking". WTF is "talking into account".

Just think that within the next hundred years, most of us will be dead. That is more than 7 billion in a century, and that's only those currently alive. And we are talking about thousands of years.

In any case if you agree with that website it then means that unborn babies and foetuses aren't humans and don't have souls. Do you agree?

And it also means that you agree that there were humans before adam and eve. tongue
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
RoyPCain: @joel lala; what makes a man takes a man as God is nothing short of the deception of satan.

Just like how you guys even respect mohammad more than Allah himself that you guys are even willing to destroy and blow up a whole nation for him(mohammad)..Hypocrisy is just in your heart..stop the unnecessary hate and learn to show more love to everyone irrespective of their religion or belief..if a man goes astray from your own perspective, what you should do is to pray for him..may God help us all..Amen
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Hehehe. Where do I begin?

Even a simple guess you cannot make as advised. You have to go and google a nonsensical calculation done probably by an illiterate christian who cannot distinguish between "taking" and "talking". WTF is "talking into account".

Just think that within the next hundred years, most of us will be dead. That is more than 7 billion in a century, and that's only those currently alive. And we are talking about thousands of years.

In any case if you agree with that website it then means that unborn babies and foetuses aren't humans and don't have souls. Do you agree?

And it also means that you agree that there were humans before adam and eve. tongue

@Alfa..why should i disturb myself when so many people(atheist, scientists, religious sect etc) have made several researches on how many people lived the earth and none mentioned a trillion..there are many more websites that talked about this, yet no one mentioned a trillion..this is a public forum and you are just going to embarass yourself the more with this talk..if you have any prove that the people that have lived on this earth has passed trillions then show us..or better still explain to us how your came to get trillions with your own head(since you are far better than the several researchers that put their work on the internet)
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:09am On Oct 03, 2013
joel lala:

@Alfa..why should i disturb myself when so many people(atheist, scientists, religious sect etc) have made several researches on how many people lived the earth and none mentioned a trillion..there are many more websites that talked about this, yet no one mentioned a trillion..this is a public forum and you are just going to embarass yourself the more with this talk..if you have any prove that the people that have lived on this earth has passed trillions then show us..or better still explain to us how your came to get trillions with your own head(since you are far better than the several researchers that put their work on the internet)

What did I say? How does trillions souls knocking at the gates of hell mean that trillions have lived here? The famed xtian strawman strategy.

Anyway, thanks for confirming that you do not use your brains when others are making researches.

Don't dodge this question: do you agree with the website you posted?
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 03, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

What did I say? How does trillions souls knocking at the gates of hell mean that trillions have lived here? The famed xtian strawman strategy.

Anyway, thanks for confirming that you do not use your brains when others are making researches.

Don't dodge this question: do you agree with the website you posted?

You that uses your own brain is yet to show us how you got the assertion that trillions of souls are begging to enter heaven when it is shown that only hundreds of billions of people have lived here on earth? so how or where did you get your trillions of souls from?..Please feel free to use your own brain to explain to us here..
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2013
joel lala:

You that uses your own brain is yet to show us how you got the assertion that trillions of souls are begging to enter heaven when it is shown that only hundreds of billions of people have lived here on earth? so how or where did you get your trillions of souls from?..Please feel free to use your own brain to explain to us here..

SMH. Arguing with a demented and confused fellow. undecided
Re: Muslim Man Has A Brain Aneurysm Then Converts To Christianity When He Wakes Up by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 03, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

SMH. Arguing with a demented and confused fellow. undecided

You are just a sore loser..go back to your satanic thread and worship your master there instead of talking trash here. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Please Can Tattoo Take One To HELL / Scoan Christmas Carol 2013 Live On Emmanuel TV / Inri Christo, 66-year-old Brazilian, Believes He Is A Reincarnation Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.