Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

What Does He Save U From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does He Save U From? (532 Views)

If Jesus Could Not Save Himself From The Death Of The Cross Then Who Can He Save / Can Righteouseness Save U Fom God Punishment / Can Ur Church Save U? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does He Save U From? by macof(m): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
Jesus, or more appropriately Yeshua. What does he save u from?
does he save u from urself?
is it from the fictional satan?
maybe from sin?
oh! Wait eternal damnation?
Has he saved u already?

Well this questions should pls be answered by Christians. No fight, No Discrimination and No being bias. open up ur mind and think, use ur brains, explore urself, find out who u really are cause only a man who knows himself can know his God and answer my questions. More questions...

Wat is really wrong with the world?
how can we make it better?
Why are we alive? Wat is the purpose of ur life?(am not talking of destiny)
Why would God have only one son?
Why don't the Jews who shared ur "sin" and Adam and Eve story believe they need a saviour?
Why did Yeshua not travel the world to preach? Why only his birth country?
Why do Muslims and Jews who also believe in One God not believe they need a saviour?
Is life a good thing or a bad thing?
Did we exist before our birth?
Wat his ur believe about the criteria to enter heaven?

Pls let's answer this questions while tampering our religious believes with common sense.

Pls no such thing like "no one can understand God" cause if u don't understand or know the ways of God it means ur religion is not of God
Re: What Does He Save U From? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
You say you cannot know God without firstknowing yourself. You are wrong.
Jesus said:
John 10:
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

He also said
Matthew 16:
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. 26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

I've seen this fulfilled in my life. I found my self and God's purpose when I acknowledged that it's all about him and his plan. Life is about God you see

Jesus at the center of it all

Just wanted to point it out.
Re: What Does He Save U From? by macof(m): 12:25am On Oct 02, 2013
Chibuebem: You say you cannot know God without firstknowing yourself. You are wrong.
Jesus said:
John 10:
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

He also said
Matthew 16:
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. 26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

I've seen this fulfilled in my life. I found my self and God's purpose when I acknowledged that it's all about him and his plan. Life is about God you see

Jesus at the center of it all

Just wanted to point it out.
All the points u gave are related to selflessness and putting God first. Am talking about knowing ur subconscious, wat u really have inside of u. God is there inside u but u must find him only in urself first and know his will, then other people of wisdom can help u interpret what u think u know and teach u more about God.
Re: What Does He Save U From? by macof(m): 12:27am On Oct 02, 2013
And u pls answer the 10 questions I brought to the table? Plus the big one it self. wat does he save u from?

(1) (Reply)

The New World / Bokoharam / My Father Has No Links With Boko Haram–kogi state Univ. Lecturer’s Daughter Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.