Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 (2200 Views)

A Beginners Guide To Object-oriented Programming (OOP) In PHP 5+ / PHP 5.4 Review (latest Version Of PHP At The Moment)!! Put On Your Oop Boots!! / PHP 5.3 Hosting in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by dhtml(m): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
This is a standalone windows browser that displays output from PHP 5.4.16, also supports SQLite3.

How it works:
It does not need an installation, you just run it directly from a pc, you can even run from your flashdrive. And it does not conflict with regular servers like wamp or other apache server.

Once the browser loads, it starts its internal php server and displays the default index.php almost immediately.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbrowserbox
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by CODEEATER(m): 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
Wait...u did DAT?
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by dhtml(m): 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
Yes i did, i am a software programmer as well as a web application developer. . .
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by dhtml(m): 2:46am On Oct 03, 2013
And here is the screenshot
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by CODEEATER(m): 8:02am On Oct 03, 2013
Lol...n latter u go dey form learnr grin
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by omoelu1(m): 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2013
As in, diz man is a real boss.. looking to learn from you, boss tony
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by Yinksey(m): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
bravo! bravo!! bravo!!! , you really tried bro tony, I guess you use DOT NET.am I right!
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by dhtml(m): 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
Thanks, programming languages uses are: visual basic 6.0, C, C++, PHP. You do not need to install it or preinstall anything on a system, all you need to do is to run it straight from your flash drive or anywhere. And it should work on all versions of windows too.
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by omoelu1(m): 8:01am On Oct 04, 2013
^^ i downloaded d software but it kept crashing... saying somthing about “version control“ or so
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by dhtml(m): 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
hmn, what version of windows are you using? and what is the RAM and processor speed?
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by CODEEATER(m): 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
U on whatsapp?
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
I First tried the app and it Crashed, showing "Version Control ish"..

I Tweaked it By Running as Administrator(Am using windows 7)..

Buh I got questions::

1) How do I test my php scripts since the internal browser of the software doesn't have an address bar..

2) Where do we copy our folders or scripts to(which location in the software) so as to run them..

P.S: U Needa work on the interface.. Still Looks a wee Old-Fashioned..(Sorry if I sound offensive).. A more sleek Look will be Aight..

You Really Tried Bro.. Am Impressed..

Cheers..
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by dhtml(m): 3:12am On Oct 05, 2013
Thanks y'all, those questions are expected. I shall answer then shortly after i finish an update.

Please it is advisable to download the new version i uploaded, i have included a number of critical corrections into it. The earlier release was not fully debugged prior to release - i was just eager to push it out.
Updated - control of port numbers, fixed crashing on windows 7

@Djangocode, your reviews are excellent and expected also:
Let me try answer your questions.
1. The internal browser does not have an addressbar because the purpose of the entire application is to develop your own full interface yourself. So that clients see an application rather than another web browser. The homepage url is generated based on the port settings which i explained in the readme.
2. Your scripts are copied into support\inetpub folder. You are meant to replace the temporary homepage with your own newschool design.

The port number is a very important feature - because it ensures that the internal server does not clash with other servers running at the same time.
This means that you can run 100 different browser boxes on a pc at the same time all showing different contents, and yet not clashing with existing servers like wamp, xamp, iis etc
I tried explain about the port number in the readme file (in the last update done few minutes ago)
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2013
@dhtm

Thanks for the answers.. I'll try n download the new one so that I can test it..

Meanwhile, Continue the good work.. I'll help in Promoting the App..

Am still a newbie in web dev.. And I love it when dudes like u create inspiring stuffs Like Yo App..

Thanks Boss..

What's Yo Handle on Twitter, Cuz Facebook aint ma Thing..
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by dhtml(m): 1:10am On Oct 06, 2013
Thanks. Twitter is
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by omni1: 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nice one. This is programming and some good trend to follow. Keep it rolling as usual cool
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 07, 2013
Thanks bro,
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by dhtml(m): 6:24am On Jul 15, 2014
This project has been superceded by http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbrowserbox2/ and http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbrowserbox3/ which solves the issues completely. The version 3 has full html5/php/mysql support
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by Joel3(m): 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
i would have appriciated it if the software can connect cpanel and domain server directly to itself...

So that a single button to upload to live server www.yourdomain.com after work on the software.

to put the script online. One have to just click a single update button. And the site will update.

For now i dont need it.
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by dhtml(m): 3:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
It is possible, however, that will defeat the purpose of the software.
You can easily create such a code with a regular php application in the first place.
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by nsimadigital(m): 3:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
does phpbrowserbox supports ajax?
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
Yes it does
Re: Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 by nsimadigital(m): 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
thanks Dhtml18, please how can u view the phpmyadmin so as to view data

(1) (Reply)

How To Upload Files For Download In Blogger Blog / Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? / SEO Content Writers Urgently Needed (No Team Of Writers Please)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.