Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,057 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Five Strategic Wayz To Enhance/develop Your Vocabulary. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Five Strategic Wayz To Enhance/develop Your Vocabulary. (1428 Views)

15 Words You Should Eliminate From Your Vocabulary To Sound Smarter / English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... / Five Strategic Wayz To Enhance/develop Your Vocabulary. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Strategic Wayz To Enhance/develop Your Vocabulary. by Capableben(m): 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
Most africans are quite intelligent and posses high I.Q.(the learned ones). However; there has been an obviously appalling characteristic which most learned blacks possess---INABILITY TO PROEFFICIENTLY USE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE WITH REFRENCE TO IT'S SYNTAX AND CONCORDANCE.
I have personally devised five simple and strategic ways to develop one's vocabulary. Go through with zeal.

1)LEARNING NEW WORDS:
Make your dictionary ur best friend.It shud always be on standby.Always learn new words from your dictionary. make it a habit and annul.Learn atleast 3 new words daily.

2)GET A ''NEW WORD'' BOOK
Its a book you will use to write down new words as u learn them.Its importance can not be over-emphasized. From my little experience, i came to the fact that most Nigerian students dont have this little book for writing new words. it is very important and has drastic implications too especially people who have skimpy memories.

3) PRACTICALIZE THE LEARNT WORDS:
''LEARNING leads to perfection''
This saying should be strictly adhere to in this case. Practicalize the new words you have learnt orally.Use them as you converse with friends and family. It might be challenging at first though but it is a very sophisticated method you can use to get ur new words stick to ur memory.

4) BE A ''NEWSPAPER MANIAC'':
Establish yourself; make yourself conversant with materials like newspaper, magazines and novels. They contain a large bouquet of words which will edify ur ''infant'' vocabulary standard.I have personally benefited alot from newspapers. Try'em.

5) FINALLY, TRY WRITTING ARTICLES URSEF
This division deals with assessment-personal assessment. Try writting articles or write-ups with the new words u have learnt.This strategy aids the words to stick to the memory perpetually.
You might as well meet a superior person or teacher to look through your work or articles for heart-heart assessment.
I hope this benefits most Nigerians#
Thank you.
BENJAMIN ONUOHA
DEPT OF ENGINEERING
FUT YOLA.

Re: Five Strategic Wayz To Enhance/develop Your Vocabulary. by Lovetinz(m): 7:50pm On Oct 01, 2013
Capableben: Most africans are quite intelligent and posses high I.Q.(the learned ones). However; there has been an obviously appalling characteristic which most learned blacks possess---INABILITY TO PROEFFICIENTLY USE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE WITH REFRENCE TO IT'S SYNTAX AND CONCORDANCE.
I have personally devised five simple and strategic ways to develop one's vocabulary. Go through with zeal.

1)LEARNING NEW WORDS:
Make your dictionary ur best friend.It shud always be on standby.Always learn new words from your dictionary. make it a habit and annul. Learn atleast 3 new words daily.

2)GET A ''NEW WORD'' BOOK
Its a book you will use to write down new words as u learn them.Its importance can not be over-emphasized. From my little experience, i came to the fact that most Nigerian students dont have this little book for writing new words. it is very important and has drastic implications too especially people who have skimpy memories.

3) PRACTICALIZE THE LEARNT WORDS:
''LEARNING leads to perfection''
This saying should be strictly adhere to in this case. Practicalize the new words you have learnt orally.Use them as you converse with friends and family. It might be challenging at first though but it is a very sophisticated method you can use to get ur new words stick to ur memory.

4) BE A ''NEWSPAPER MANIAC'':
Establish yourself; make yourself conversant with materials like newspaper, magazines and novels. They contain a large bouquet of words which will edify ur ''infant'' vocabulary standard.I have personally benefited alot from newspapers. Try'em.

5) FINALLY, TRY WRITTING ARTICLES URSEF
This division deals with assessment-personal assessment. Try writting articles or write-ups with the new words u have learnt.This strategy aids the words to stick to the memory perpetually.
You might as well meet a superior person or teacher to look through your work or articles for heart-heart assessment.
I hope this benefits most Nigerians#
Thank you.
BENJAMIN ONUOHA
DEPT OF ENGINEERING
FUT YOLA.

***6) Use the spell-checking function of the computer to enhance your writing always.

1 Like

Re: Five Strategic Wayz To Enhance/develop Your Vocabulary. by Jideh9ty(m): 1:27am On Oct 02, 2013
Na dictionary things sure pass. ASUU never gree. Me self go vex learn new words. Make i use my englishes break head small. Nice one here.
Re: Five Strategic Wayz To Enhance/develop Your Vocabulary. by ennon92(m): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2013
U re on point.... I have to work more on d number 5 point.
Re: Five Strategic Wayz To Enhance/develop Your Vocabulary. by peter1994(m): 10:57am On Oct 02, 2013
.nice write-up (this thing occured to me few days ago)
Re: Five Strategic Wayz To Enhance/develop Your Vocabulary. by Capableben(m): 7:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
peter1994: .nice write-up (this thing occured to me few days ago)
HOW IS IT OCCURING TO YOU
Re: Five Strategic Wayz To Enhance/develop Your Vocabulary. by peter1994(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2013
Capableben:

HOW IS IT OCCURING TO YOU
i mean i had d idea of wht dis thread is abt smtym ago.
Re: Five Strategic Wayz To Enhance/develop Your Vocabulary. by Capableben(m): 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
Jideh9ty: Na dictionary things sure pass. ASUU never gree. Me self go vex learn new words. Make i use my englishes break head small. Nice one here.

na him truely sure pass

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Update / MBA Or Mphil. In ABU Zaria / EKSU Ptp Lecture Hall: Condusive Or Not??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.