Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,466 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

I Want To Surprise My Husband By Learning Yoruba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Want To Surprise My Husband By Learning Yoruba (2587 Views)

Learning Yoruba (phonology) / Software For Learning Yoruba In 27 Days / Please Do Help With Learning Yoruba Translation: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Surprise My Husband By Learning Yoruba by sistawoman: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2008
I want to learn to speak Yoruba and surprise my husband. Can anyone recommend a CD or DVD that I can buy to learn from? There are several on the market but I don't want to waste my money and be disappointed. He is teaching me a few words day by day but I would love to be able to just one day open my mouth and have a conversation with him in his language.
Re: I Want To Surprise My Husband By Learning Yoruba by zeal500: 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2008
DT one good but na gradual. To learn a language better u need to stay in that environment cos practice makes perfect.

wel don in ur newly found language
Re: I Want To Surprise My Husband By Learning Yoruba by sistawoman: 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2008
He has told me that he can teach me the words but to really be able to speak it i will have to go to Nigeria. We plan on going in February but I want to so badly surprise him. I love him dearly and want to communicate with him in the language he is most comforable.

Is DT a brand or something?

I ask for CD or DVD because I learn so much better by hearing then by sight.
Re: I Want To Surprise My Husband By Learning Yoruba by opokonwa(m): 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2008
This thread is not locked.

What was the poster complaining in another thread?
Re: I Want To Surprise My Husband By Learning Yoruba by sistawoman: 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2008
It was locked on the romance board. Then it was unlocked and all of the responses were deleted and after hunting for it I happened upon it here in this forum.
Re: I Want To Surprise My Husband By Learning Yoruba by iyaade: 2:19am On Jul 29, 2008
I just ordered a yoruba dictionnary from amazon.com I am trying to learn it too so I will be able to help my son when he begins to learn it. I also found this website that is proving to be very helpful: www.abeokuta.org/youruba.htm Let me know whatelse you find.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Uturu / Do White People Think Higher Of Black People In Europe Than Blacks In Africa? / Where To Find Raw Unrefined African Shea Butter In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.