Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 (12922 Views)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup - (0 - 2) On 29th October 2013 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2 - 1) On 27th October 2013 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
Man City will welcome the reigning European and UEFA Super Cup champions, Bayern, in a mouth-watering, blockbuster clash at the Etihad stadium. Buoyed by the availability of key duo David Silva and Sergio Agüero, Manchester City FC manager Manuel Pellegrini is calling on his main men to turn it on against title holders FC Bayern München in UEFA Champions League Group D on Wednesday.

“We know Bayern are strong but we're in good form too and can take the points here", said the Chilean coach.
Pellegrini expects his team to bounce back from a surprise Premier League loss at the weekend. Bayern coach Josep Guardiola had high praise for his opposite number and hosts City, while applauding Philipp Lahm for slipping into midfield due to an injury crisis.

His opposite number, Josep Guardiola had this to say "Josep Guardiola, coach
City are one of the biggest teams in Europe: I'm confident they will get through this time. I know the coach and some of their players, like Silva, [Jesús] Navas and [Álvaro] Negredo, while Yaya Touré was with me at Barcelona. But they also have other great players such as [Joe] Hart and [Vincent] Kompany.

[My record against Pellegrini teams] is not important tomorrow. I'm really impressed by Manuel as whichever team he's coaching he gets them playing the same way. He always puts his stamp on the team – he did it at Villarreal, Málaga and Real Madrid. If he's never beaten me it's because I was coaching one of the best teams in the world, maybe of all time, in Barcelona. I love playing against Manuel: his teams play football and keep the ball on the ground, I can't wait until kick-off."
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2013
'Like' this post if you think Manchester City will beat/demolish Bayern Munchen.

4 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 10:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
'Like' this post if you think Bayern Munich will beat/demolish Man City.

10 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
Afam4eva: 'Like' this post if you think Bayern Munich will beat/demolish Man City.
Lai lai. The Citizens will win tomorrow. Just as Man Utd were demolished, so also will Bayern suffer the same fate. City ALWAYS turn up against the big teams.
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
CFCfan:
Lai lai. The Citizens will win tomorrow. Just as Man Utd were demolished, so also will Bayern suffer the same fate. City ALWAYS turn up against the big teams.
You must think Bayern is an ogbanje premiership team. Bayern are the champions of Europe and Man City has no pedigree in europe. Infact, they're not even ranked in Europe, so i don't know whether it's in the dreams of the players that they will beating Bayern.
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Andyblaze: 12:12am On Oct 02, 2013
Only a 'learner' would bet against Munich...they're taking this one by 2 or 3 goals to 1

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by dayokanu(m): 12:45am On Oct 02, 2013
Bayern Uber allez
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 02, 2013
Referee: Bjorn Kuipers (NED).
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Davidbanky(m): 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva: 'Like' this post if you think Bayern Munich will beat/demolish Man City.

I commented because I know city cannot defeat the Bavarian champions ...
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Davidbanky(m): 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
dayokanu: Bayern Uber allez

True fan ... Mia San mia
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by purpinkx(m): 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alléz bayern

Zerstören sie auf Männersache mag
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by yeyeman92(m): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
Just need to relax and watch this match sipping my kunu
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
Just lyk man u, man city don pinish tonyt. Bayan 4-0
Man shitty. Who talk am? Na me! D 1st class celebrity on dz site.
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by DreShedrachU: 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
sad you are just joking ...Bayern Munchen will soar against City..i dnt see city beating Munchen..
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by DreShedrachU: 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Just lyk man u, man city don pinish tonyt. Bayan 4-0
Man shitty. Who talk am? Na me! D 1st class celebrity on dz site.
thats right..Munich will repay them what the did to man u.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by tolman061(m): 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
I bliv manchester city can do d unimaginable
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by mickyarams: 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
Man City are very difficult to beat at home. Just look at their home record. The best Bayern will take is a draw and God help them if City plays Aguero and Silva.
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Judolisco(m): 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Placed booked, tough match
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by sweetiePe(f): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
Champions League: Manchester City host Bayern Munich in Group D

Sergio Aguero and David Silva are set to boost Manchester City when they host Bayern Munich in Champions League Group D.

The European champions arrive at the Etihad on Wednesday night having won their last six games in the competition, scoring 16 goals and conceding just one.

Bayern beat CSKA Moscow 3-0 a fortnight ago, while City opened their campaign with a victory by the same scoreline away to Czech side Viktoria Plzen.
Aguero wrapped up that win with a goal, and the return of the Argentina striker and also Silva could be a significant factor in what represents the sternest test yet of City's credentials under Manuel Pellegrini.

Bayern are joint top of the Bundesliga with an unbeaten record after seven games, but that has not stopped Pep Guardiola - who guided Barcelona to European glory in 2009 and 2011 - from receiving some criticism over the way his team has played.

Guardiola argues that he has been hampered by midfield injuries and has needed to utilise one of the world's best full-backs, Philipp Lahm, in a central position in front of the back four.

The 42-year-old was linked with the City job in the summer before taking the reins at Bayern, and knows Pellegrini well having come up against the Chilean several times in La Liga during the latter's stints at Villarreal, Real Madrid and Malaga.

City were grouped with Bayern in their first Champions League campaign in 2010-11, with both fixtures ending 2-0 to the home side. Mario Gomez hit a brace when the teams faced off at the Allianz Arena, while Silva and Yaya Toure struck in the return meeting at the Etihad. Bayern topped the group, while City finished third.
More UEFA Updates>>>http://www.rosyside.com/pt/UEFA-Champions-League-Fixtures-for-October-2013-10.1.2013/discussion.htm

Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by arthgideon: 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
The game is going to be hot. I want City to win tho.
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by maxwelljohn525: 2:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bfc 6 vs 1 mcu
18+ only visit www.writerstab.
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by daryoor(m): 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
dejavu, or in plain french : je l'ai vu deja. Iv seen this before. Times like this when everyone conclude one team will wiin and write the other one off, at thhe end of the day, the written off team gets motivated to prove everyone wrong .

In other words if u know say u wan bet this nite either u ignore thiis match or u put you money on man citys head. -and remember to give me commisson for the advice smiley
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by carzola(m): 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
sweetiePe: Champions League: Manchester City host Bayern Munich in Group D

Sergio Aguero and David Silva are set to boost Manchester City when they host Bayern Munich in Champions League Group D.

The European champions arrive at the Etihad on Wednesday night having won their last six games in the competition, scoring 16 goals and conceding just one.

Bayern beat CSKA Moscow 3-0 a fortnight ago, while City opened their campaign with a victory by the same scoreline away to Czech side Viktoria Plzen.
Aguero wrapped up that win with a goal, and the return of the Argentina striker and also Silva could be a significant factor in what represents the sternest test yet of City's credentials under Manuel Pellegrini.

Bayern are joint top of the Bundesliga with an unbeaten record after seven games, but that has not stopped Pep Guardiola - who guided Barcelona to European glory in 2009 and 2011 - from receiving some criticism over the way his team has played.

Guardiola argues that he has been hampered by midfield injuries and has needed to utilise one of the world's best full-backs, Philipp Lahm, in a central position in front of the back four.

The 42-year-old was linked with the City job in the summer before taking the reins at Bayern, and knows Pellegrini well having come up against the Chilean several times in La Liga during the latter's stints at Villarreal, Real Madrid and Malaga.

City were grouped with Bayern in their first Champions League campaign in 2010-11, with both fixtures ending 2-0 to the home side. Mario Gomez hit a brace when the teams faced off at the Allianz Arena, while Silva and Yaya Toure struck in the return meeting at the Etihad. Bayern topped the group, while City finished third.
More UEFA Updates>>>http://www.rosyside.com/pt/UEFA-Champions-League-Fixtures-for-October-2013-10.1.2013/discussion.htm
the last game bayern lost in europe was in the hands of arsenal,.. I think city should learn from the goonerz who have made europe 16 consecutive years, and is always seed in the 1st pot, coached by the second best coach in europe behind ferguson who is retaired meaning wenger is the best coach in europe.. Well wish them luck just because i hate pep!.
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by KDB(m): 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Definitely gonna be a tough game. Especially as Manchester city is playing at home. Actually want them to thrash Bayern for a change, they're beginning to feel almost invincible. Man city all the way wink

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
angry Tonight, Afam4eva And dayokanu must know English teams are not to Joked wiv at this Moment.. MAN CITY all the way...

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Lordave: 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
If I no comment my support for Bayern, who'll?

Lets go there!!! Mia San Winners.
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Lordave: 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
carzola: the last game bayern lost in europe was in the hands of arsenal,.. I think city should learn from the goonerz who have made europe 16 consecutive years, and is always seed in the 1st pot, coached by the second best coach in europe behind ferguson who is retaired meaning wenger is the best coach in europe.. Well wish them luck just because i hate pep!.
Because Wenger has made it to every Ucl group stage since 1996 and only one final to his name you think he's the best coach in Europe. The last time I checked, best coaches never go trophyless for 8 straight years.

Hmmm, OlorunChineke are watching you o.
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by Tunjasko(m): 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Man city go chop am 2dae...Go bayern..
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by tonididdy(m): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
match of the Nite
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by donem: 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
My prediction for this game is 2-3
Re: Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 by okezieemmanuel: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bayern go destory nd burry mancity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

France Vs Republic Of Ireland: Euro 2016 (2 - 1) On 26th June 2016 / Who Is The Best Premiership Coach ? / Pep Guardiola Makes Arsenal His First Choice In England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.