Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Stock Investment Strategies You Most Learn - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Investment Strategies You Most Learn (762 Views)

Let Us Talk About Nig Stock Investment / This Pays More Dividends Than Stock Investment / Global Penny Stock Investment Strategies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stock Investment Strategies You Most Learn by go4done(m): 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2008
I started investing into the stock market companies being listed in the Nigeria stock exchange since 2005. As of then i was actually hoping to invest my hard-earn money on a floating or public offer because their prices are low compare to the secondary markets. In the year 2007 it came to my notice that some stocks i bought 2 years back, i have note gotten my certificates. I was down to the core when i went to one of the banks to order for the sales of my shares. One of the bankers asks if i have my certificates though he shouldn't have been the one asking that.

I was shocked when he advises me to look for a stock broker or brokerage firm to lay my problem. I really did and i was advised that i should try to invest my 80% investment in the secondary market then 20% on IPOs doing that will save me from this unscrupulous humiliation.

Though the issue was not solved yet but i was convinced by them that they will carry out an action to get my money back in due time. Then i decided to open a cscs account with them but there was another disappointment. After obtaining my unfortunate lost of investment money, i decided to still invest the money into the secondary market. To my greatest surprise, it took about a month to receive my trade alert notifying me a cscs account have been open for my request. I decided to deposit money for them to buy some hot stocks for me unfortunate after 3 months i receive another trade alert notifying me that i have purchased some stock in the stock market (3 in numbers). What would have cost this delay?

It then come to my notice that investment in the stock market has allot to do with experience and knowledge, you don’t just jump into it. You have to educate yourself towards financial intelligent to invest wisely in the financial market towards your financial goals. Read allot of inspirational books, investment books that will motivate your financial standard, read business books and news papers like Businessday, Financial standard, Stock Watch and be acquainted with the internet. Doing this will elevate your mentality in financial management and investment goals.

Since i developed this idea i have been realizing some profits from my investment through dividends, capital appreciation and bonus shares.

Investment in the financial market is really not a "get rich quick" business, it has to do with allot of patience and endurance. I have been thinking its just a trade but is all wrong. I have put my ideas behind unreasonable doubt that one can easy make over N10 million in a medium term or quarterly investment if N1m is invested.

Invest wisely and avoid lost of investment.
Re: Stock Investment Strategies You Most Learn by Jummy4real(f): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2008
Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Thought Of Investing In A Movie / [spying YOU]CBN Instructs Bdc’s To Report Your Forex Deals Using BVN / Bulk Sms Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.