Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,550 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture (14343 Views)

Security Officers Pose With The Dead Lion Killed In Jos (Pictured) / Pic Of The Only Survivor Of OOU Bus/trailer Crash, An Unexplainable Surprise / PHOTOS: Nigerian Singer Jahbless Escapes Death In Near Fatal Car Crash+{picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by cycline404(m): 9:14am On Oct 02, 2013
When Mr Victor Idam, his wife and three others left their home in an ash-coloured Nissan Primera car for Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital, they had no premonition that the journey which started on a joyous note, would end in a disaster.
The couple and their three companions who hailed from Afikpo North Local Government Area, were involved in a ghastly auto-crash which claimed their lives, leaving two others with minor injuries. The crash which was a head-on- collision with a trailer, occurred at about 3.45 pm at Berger Junction along the Ishiagu – Afikpo Road.
The deceased couple who were members of Deeper Life Bible Church were riding in a Nissan Primera with registration number UML 250 AA when it (car) collided with a yellow-coloured Mack Trailer with registration No. APP 215 XP

A source close to the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, in Ebonyi State told Vanguard Metro on condition of anonymity, that the crash was caused by over-speeding. He advised road users to desist from over-speeding on the smooth-surfaced Ishiagu/Afikpo road.
Another eyewitness attributed the crash to the carelessness of the driver of the trailer. The source told VM that the accident occurred when the conductor of the trailer was trying to take over from his driver while the vehicle was still in motion.
“The accident was very terrible; in fact, those who came to rescue the victims had to force the doors open before the victims were brought out. I learnt that the conductor was trying to take over from the driver while on steering. Before their death, the couple were resident in Umuahia. The wife worked with the Education Board in Abia, while the husband who is graduate of Ebonyi State University, EBSU, Abakaliki worked with a media outfit located in Port Harcourt. He was a presenter with Deeper Life Satellite Television,” the source explained.
The State Coordinator, Special Marshal RF 9.2 Nigeria, Dr. Henry Urochukwu who spoke on the accident, advised government to make the teaching and learning of safety education mandatory in primary and secondary schools.
“If we start on time to talk about safe driving from our primary and secondary schools, it help the situation. That accident that happened at Ishiagu was very pathetic; learning how to drive is not just it, you need to know about the maintenance of the vehicle among other requirements.
“In this case, we must look at both human and environmental factors before we can accurately discuss the reasons behind that accident. If a driver is not conversant with the road, accident may occur. Note that the road may be well tarred but accident may occur due to poor lighting of the road at night. If a driver does over 100 kilometres per hour, it is over speeding. The psychological disposition of a driver matters a lot during driving,” he said.

Continuing, Dr Urochukwu asked a lot of rhetorical questions : “We need to look at the medical history of the driver to ascertain whether he had had a heart attack. What is his psychological disposition to driving? Is he an epileptic patient? Is the driver tired after driving for about 17 hours? Is the person prone to risk taking? Does he have a pulse for over-speeding; does he have a defective judgement while driving; does he spend time quarrelling with another road user instead of focusing on his lane? Does he have a poor perception of his or her environment? It is a very complex issue but these are the factors we need to put into consideration”
VM learnt that the bodies of the deceased have been deposited at a mortuary in Uturu, Abia State while the injured victims are currently receiving treatment in hospital.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/tragic-tale-couple-3-others-killed-trailer-crash/

Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by shininglite(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2013
Rip to d dead. Until our govt takes action against dis trailer drivers dis wud continue to hpn,hw can a normal human being take ova steering of a moving vehicle?i pray d dead makes heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Burger01(m): 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
sad
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by PastorOluT(m): 2:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
The conductor trying to take over the steering on motion? Sincerely I can now see why Dangote employ graduates as his trailer drivers!

3 Likes

Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Lilimax(f): 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hei cry!
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by homesteady(m): 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Jeez! The accident is really terrible! May their soul RIP!
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by ebamma(m): 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
rip to the dead,
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by moscobabs(m): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
many things u can't know

-The day u were born

-The day u are gonna die

-What will kill you

-where u are gonna die

Lord don't let my fellow Nairalanders do die a mysterious death ooo!!!!

15 Likes

Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Eneze1(f): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
rip, this is so sad
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by bid4rich(m): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Trailer driver are always very reckless in driving. Now they have killed again. My heart is very heavy for the deceased and only God can do proper justice. may their soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Odunharry(m): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
RIP to d Dead
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Smartjeezy(m): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
R.I.P...God safe me and my family from this ember month ooo.
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Lilchilz(m): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
hate hearinq bad news....haa oma she oo

Rip to the dead...*sad*
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Adedoks(m): 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
Dis is sad... I so hate bus accidents,both husband n wife dead just like dat
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Intrepid1(m): 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
There has to be a way to checkmate the excesses of these modafoka trailer drivers especially on inter-state roads. They have zero-regard for human life and would drive away without a care in the world after causing an accident. Changing of lanes suddenly, over-speeding, overloading, they are guilty of the lot. Maybe if the Government finds a way to hold trailer owners responsible for the actions of their employees, these people will learn to be more selective when it comes to employing drivers and not just picking any and every hell-spawn that applies for a job.

2 Likes

Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by blayz0923: 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
so sad. RIP to the dead.
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
An Enemy has done this
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by cycline404(m): 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
Yomii: An Enemy has done this

Enemy? What of Bad road? Proper Orientation?? Government Vehicle durability
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Fazhy: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
Pastor Olu T: The conductor trying to take over the steering on motion? Sincerely I can now see why Dangote employ graduates as his trailer drivers!
smiley

Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
Rip..!!
Their relatives shld take heart.

I cnt still get ova the news, that they died in Ishiagu express way..., they died in my village.

Of all villages in Ebonyi.., satan choose my own Ishiagu for this bad news. #tear drop#

Rip once again..!!
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by koolet: 2:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
God the little time left for this year to end may people not mourn for my sake in JESUS name...... embarassed
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by topas100(m): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
Too bad! God rest their souls
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Another eyewitness attributed the crash to the carelessness of the driver of the trailer. The source told VM that the accident occurred when the conductor of the trailer was trying to take over from his driver while the vehicle was still in motion.

When we call some people animals they will say we're being harsh. Can these people be called human? angry

Meanwhile the report doesn't tell us what happened to those fools. They ran away, I guess?
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by yungdamaz(m): 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
I dnt see any reason why a conductor should b tryinq to takeover from d driver while d trailer was still in motion,,abii na jamesbond film??.....R.I.P to d couple....
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Afam4eva(m): 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
RIP to the dead

HNosegbe:

When we call some people animals they will say we're being harsh. Can these people be called human? angry

Meanwhile the report doesn't tell us what happened to those fools. They ran away, I guess?
Pls, did you send a message to the Platform 11.0?
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
cry
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by sexyjessy(f): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
crychei dose couples have left dere kids behind..those children may hav bin waitin for dem....i reject untimely death IJN amen
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
Holy Mo! The vehicle is almost unrecognizable! The constant most annoying thing is how the major culprits - bus, trailers, trucks or tanker drivers usually go unscathed while the innocent road users get killed for nothing.
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by chukwuinya: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
oh my God!!!
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by navyman5(m): 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
blame it on ETT....R.I P TO THE DEAD......VRY SUR IS NOT ORDINARY...SOMEONE HAS TO CONFESS .
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by desosa(m): 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
These trailer driver dey kill more dan BH boys ooh....... RIP
Re: Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture by emmabest2000(m): 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
God have mercy RIP to the dead

(1) (2) (Reply)

Comandclem Nigeria Limited Versus Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited / Read The Message A Man Claim From Uk Sent To Me / 5 New Year Resolutions You Can Easily Keep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.