Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,236 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. (14884 Views)

How I Rescued My Mobile Contacts From Armed Bandits / Android 4.4 Kitkat Transfering Apps To Sd Card Without Rooting / Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by DIVINE78: 9:28am On Oct 02, 2013
Good morning to the geeks in the house. grin. How do I transfer my contacts from my Blackberry to my newly acquired Techno Phantom n9? Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:50am On Oct 02, 2013
It can be either easy or not easy. The easy way is to add a gmail account to your blackberry email and then sync your contacts on the blackberry to that gmail. Then go to the android and add THAT SAME gmail account and sync your contacts on the android. It will automatically populate your contacts app with your contacts on the blackberry as long as you have internet access on the android.

The not so easy way is to use a pc and blackberry destop manager and sync your contacts on the blackberry with either outlook or windows contacts then plug your android and use it's own desktop manager to sync with outlook and windows contacts. If your android doesn't have a desktop manager, then search for other 3rd party desktop managers for android phones. There are a lot of good ones online, can't remember their names right now. Another alternative is after syncing your blackberry with either outlook or windows contacts, export your contacts from either of those two to a csv or vcf file (I recommend you go with vcf) and then transfer the file (its usually tiny like 500kb tops) to your android phone and use your contacts app to import it.
When you have finally gotten your contacts on the android using whichever of the methods that suits you, remember to always sync your contacts with your google account so that if you want to move to a new smartphone (android or blackberry) all you need do is to add the google account on the new device and they will be automatically synced.

3 Likes

Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by DIVINE78: 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
henryskywalker2003: It can be either easy or not easy. The easy way is to add a gmail account to your blackberry email and then sync your contacts on the blackberry to that gmail. Then go to the android and add THAT SAME gmail account and sync your contacts on the android. It will automatically populate your contacts app with your contacts on the blackberry as long as you have internet access on the android.

The not so easy way is to use a pc and blackberry destop manager and sync your contacts on the blackberry with either outlook or windows contacts then plug your android and use it's own desktop manager to sync with outlook and windows contacts. If your android doesn't have a desktop manager, then search for other 3rd party desktop managers for android phones. There are a lot of good ones online, can't remember their names right now. Another alternative is after syncing your blackberry with either outlook or windows contacts, export your contacts from either of those two to a csv or vcf file (I recommend you go with vcf) and then transfer the file (its usually tiny like 500kb tops) to your android phone and use your contacts app to import it.
When you have finally gotten your contacts on the android using whichever of the methods that suits you, remember to always sync your contacts with your google account so that if you want to move to a new smartphone (android or blackberry) all you need do is to add the google account on the new device and they will be automatically synced.
Thanks but I learnt gmail stopped working with BB last year. Desktop? Don't even go there. I'm not that computer savvy.
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by DIVINE78: 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
henryskywalker2003: It can be either easy or not easy. The easy way is to add a gmail account to your blackberry email and then sync your contacts on the blackberry to that gmail. Then go to the android and add THAT SAME gmail account and sync your contacts on the android. It will automatically populate your contacts app with your contacts on the blackberry as long as you have internet access on the android.

I just did it. I did the no1. It works. Nairasland rocks.

1 Like

Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by LORDEST(m): 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
##Team shit!! why going through all this stree wn ukan easily transfa via bluetooth !!!

tha7 All
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by DIVINE78: 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
LORDEST: ##Team shit!! why going through all this stree wn ukan easily transfa via bluetooth !!!

tha7 All
I did try using bluetooth, the transfer was successful but the Techno did not recognize the format.
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
LORDEST: ##Team shit!! why going through all this stree wn ukan easily transfa via bluetooth !!!

tha7 All

That's a waste of time and energy cos you have to open each contact one by one after you receive them then save it. Now imagine doing that for my 1200+ contacts.
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by LORDEST(m): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2013
henryskywalker2003:

That's a waste of time and energy cos you have to open each contact one by one after you receive them then save it. Now imagine doing that for my 1200+ contacts.

You must be using an old os!!! Udpdate to os 7.1 cheesy
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
LORDEST:

You must be using an old os!!! Udpdate to os 7.1 cheesy

Lol. True am actually using os6 but the problem is not on the blackberry end, but rather on the android end or any other phone you send the contacts to thru bluetooth. The way bluetooth transfer files forces it to be saved at a temporary place until the user moves it or accesses those files for the 1st time. Hence, when you transfer contacts thru bluetooth, it goes to the download folder (android) or message folder (symbian) and will remain their until you access the contact file. Only then will you be prompted to save it. So, imagine going thru that for a lot of contacts. This applies to even os 10.
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 04, 2013
sync with email. Or facebook.
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:49am On Jun 30, 2014
switch on bluetooth on both devices.

make sure they are both visible.

pair them.

on blackberry in the bluetooth settings page scroll to the paired android phone

press BlackBerry menu button and select "Transfer contacts

Authorize the Bluetooth access on the Android device and wait for the transfer to be completed.

it will transfer a single .csv file containing all your contacts to the android bluetooth folder.

import it via the settings menu of the android contacts app.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by tzjane(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
this was ver helpful. thanks guys apprecialt. all 1237 contacts successfully transfered.
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by kingston247: 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2015
DIVINE78:
Good morning to the geeks in the house. grin. How do I transfer my contacts from my Blackberry to my newly acquired Techno Phantom n9? Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

Try device switch...an app
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:08am On May 06, 2015
henryskywalker2003:
It can be either easy or not easy. The easy way is to add a gmail account to your blackberry email and then sync your contacts on the blackberry to that gmail. Then go to the android and add THAT SAME gmail account and sync your contacts on the android. It will automatically populate your contacts app with your contacts on the blackberry as long as you have internet access on the android.

Thank you so much Henry. I've done the Sync part and it was easy peasy for me. Thanks again.
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by LenaAmelie: 8:48am On Jul 06, 2015
Have anyone tried Google?
Find a guide that might work!
How to Transfer Contacts from BlackBerry to Android

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
tzjane:
this was ver helpful. thanks guys apprecialt. all 1237 contacts successfully transfered.

You're welcome.
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Thank you so much Henry. I've done the Sync part and it was easy peasy for me. Thanks again.

You're welcome.
Re: Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
To those still proffering solutions, please note that the thread was opened in 2013 and the OP's issue has been solved. Those that have further issues regarding it can post those issues and solutions can then be offered towards them and not for the OP.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping / Top 5 Apps For The New Premier League Season 2018/2019. / MTN Fined N90M For Poor Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.