Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,367 members, 7,826,458 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

How Do I Know Which Man To Say 'yes' To ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Know Which Man To Say 'yes' To ? (962 Views)

Must A Wife Always Say Yes To Sex?by Bunmi Sofola / I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. / ‘I Know Four Men Who Have Slept With My Wife’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know Which Man To Say 'yes' To ? by jonaji(m): 6:36am On Oct 03, 2013
How do I know which man to say 'yes' to?

1. He must be born again.

This cannot be overemphasized. He must have a
place for God in his heart. If he doesn't have God,
then he is incapable of loving you properly. You
cannot submit your life to a man who doesn't
know where he is going in life. He should not look for a life partner when he doesn't even have life!
Don't become partners with those who reject
God. How can you make a partnership out of right and wrong? That's not partnership; that's war. Is light best friends with dark? Does Christ go strolling with the Devil? Do trust and mistrust hold hands? (2Co 6:14-15 MSG)
This does not mean that a person who is born
again is perfect. It just means there are some
things he would not do because of the fear of
God. Please note that being born again is
different from being a church attendee.
If you are already married, it is never too late. Do you know when you continually pray for
someone’s salvation, God will arrest that person
one day? Never give up!

2. He must have a Pastor over him.

It is not enough for him to be a church attendee.Who is his pastor? How committed is he? How accountable is he to spiritual authority? Does he place the things of God first place in his life? Is he spiritually hungry for God? Does he protect the integrity of God's Word?
When he has a relationship with his pastor, there is a tendency that he will be mentored.

3. He must be willing to introduce you to his
parents or his Pastor

If he is not willing to do this, he has some
skeletons in his cupboards. When he introduces
you to his pastors and his parents, it shows some
level of commitment on his part. His willingness to get the authority figures in his life involved is an indication that he is indeed serious about the
marriage.

4. He is not interested in sex before
marriage.

He is not looking for your body. He is man enough to delay gratification. Even though he feels like having pre-marital sex, he controls himself. He has self-control. He would not compromise your virtue in order to satisfy himself. The truth is that most guys are not looking for love; they are simply looking for a bed mate.
That is why as a lady you should have a good self-esteem, then, you will not be seeking to use your body in exchange for love. Most of the time, you never get that love that way, because the guy can sense you are needy, so he takes advantage of you to get what he wants and then leaves you to go and look for a more confident lady to marry.
Using your body to get what you want is a wrong use of your body!
In marriage, a good man will be faithful to his
wife. He loves his family. He respects the marital
covenant. A man that fears God will be tempted
as well with other women, just like everybody is,
including apostles and bishops, but he has made
up his mind never to sin against God and never to yield to the dictates of his body.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know Which Man To Say 'yes' To ? by eightsin(m): 6:51am On Oct 03, 2013
Hehe!!! Happy searching oo.
To see all these jst in one man!
Re: How Do I Know Which Man To Say 'yes' To ? by bellong: 7:40am On Oct 03, 2013
jonaji: How do I know which man to say 'yes' to?

2. He must have a Pastor over him.

It is not enough for him to be a church attendee.Who is his pastor? How committed is he? How accountable is he to spiritual authority? Does he place the things of God first place in his life? Is he spiritually hungry for God? Does he protect the integrity of God's Word?
When he has a relationship with his pastor, there is a tendency that he will be mentored.

I tend to disagree with number 2. Where in the bible is it written, one must have a pastor over him before a lady says yes to him?
The best mentoring a christian can get is from the Holy spirit. How will having a pastor over him make him to be spiritually hungry for God and things of God? spiritual activities and church services do not equate to spiritual growth..... His accountability to authorities, irrespective of religion, is enough to give you an idea of his submission.

I am not against people having a relationship with their pastor but that should not be a criterion for which a lady will say yes/no to a relationship. It is outrightly misleading. In this age of money, position and influence hungry pastors will I be advising somebody to say yes because someone has a relationship with his pastor.

This number 2 is pure religion BS..

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know Which Man To Say 'yes' To ? by slimyem: 7:45am On Oct 03, 2013
Op,thanks but no thanks. Your standards are not my standards. cool

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know Which Man To Say 'yes' To ? by Rhythm(f): 8:06am On Oct 03, 2013
You just want him to have a pastor over him so that you would be sure there's someone who can control him when he 'misbehaves'. People who make these kinda lists are controlling people, and when you mention pastor and parents all you mean is 'partners in the controlling business' who can help in settling your private business. I think these kinda marriages are usually stiff, boring, rigid and unhappy.
Re: How Do I Know Which Man To Say 'yes' To ? by sunnyt1(m): 8:27am On Oct 03, 2013
If you are the kind of christian you sounded like, then you shudnt set all these criteria for ur husband to be.

Searching for a man of your dream is like chasing after the wind, it dosnt exist.

Shud everyone come up with his/her criteria then nobody will eva get married.

Men want angels, as in direct angels from heaven, while ladies want John, Peter, steven, paul altogeda in one man, will you eva find such man?

Poster, a christian shud seek God, pray to God to marry the man he planned for him/her, not the one u planned/wish to marry.

God's will shud prevail over our lives, not our will, not our peers' will, not our parents' will, not the society's will.
Re: How Do I Know Which Man To Say 'yes' To ? by Chaleeee: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2013
Apart from the fact that this is total b.u.l.l.Poo, what are you bringing to the table? Just sex? This is how so many ladies marry the wrong person because any man can arrange all these ridiculous criteria just to have their way with you.
It is a fact that most of the marriages tha tbreak up in Nigeria are ctians marriages with more emphasis on some church doctrine rather than using your head.
Marry a man who loves you, can take care of you and you can put up with his shortcomings.
Every other thing is dependent on what the woman is bringing to the table.
If all you are bringing is religion and sex, even if your husband is the holiest man on earth, he's not going to respect you.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Search For Birth Parents / ..... / Rep one of your parent here and declare your love..Your Mum Or Your Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.