Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,613 members, 7,820,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

What Is Life Without God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Life Without God. (1916 Views)

Can You Be Good Without GOD?? / Can man live without God? Why do people who reject God seem to live happy lives / Paula White: Without Walls Or Without God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Life Without God. by Felymoore(m): 8:29am On Oct 03, 2013
What Is Life Without God.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 03, 2013
Absolutely notin ma dear
Re: What Is Life Without God. by TerryCarr(m): 10:26am On Oct 03, 2013
which god/s
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2013
Without God there wouldn't be life in the first place.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life Without God. by ooman(m): 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
Without a god, there was life, so god makes no difference to life. Life is everything perfect without a god in it.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by ooman(m): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2013
striktlymi: Without God there wouldn't be life in the first place.

Without a God's God, there cant be a God. Your logic fails wholly. tongue
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 03, 2013
ooman:

Without a God's God, there cant be a God. Your logic fails wholly. tongue

It doesn't unless you are saying that human life does not have a beginning.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by ooman(m): 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
striktlymi:

It doesn't unless you are saying that human life does not have a beginning.

and what are you saying? That God's life does not have a beginning? And compared to most life forms, humans are younger, so definitely, we had a beginning and that was when we evolved.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2013
striktlymi: Without God there wouldn't be life in the first place.

It seems that's his only contribution of note.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by mazaje(m): 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2013
What is life with god?. . .

2 Likes

Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 03, 2013
ooman:

and what are you saying? That God's life does not have a beginning? And compared to most life forms, humans are younger, so definitely, we had a beginning and that was when we evolved.

I am saying that God is life itself and humans derive their 'life form' from this 'source' without which there will be nothing like the life we have today.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
aManFromMars:

It seems that's his only contribution of note.

Probably!
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
mazaje: What is life with god?. . .

I believe that would be a 'life' that conforms with the will of God.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by engrtee(f): 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
Which comes first life or God?
Re: What Is Life Without God. by RayMcBlue(m): 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
It depends on who you ask. To a theist, life without god is nothing. To an atheist, it's a foolish question. As a realist myself, the more I study religion, the more I'm convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life Without God. by ooman(m): 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
striktlymi:

I am saying that God is life itself and humans derive their 'life form' from this 'source' without which there will be nothing like the life we have today.

by all knowledge, the fact that life dies should make you understand that life is not an irreducible unit. If we derive our life from a God, and still, we die, then this source of ours too can die. So from your logic, your God is not eternal anymore. You are so contradictory in your views, smh.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Kay17: 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
Isn't God first and foremost Life?!
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Ajibam: 11:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
ooman:

by all knowledge, the fact that life dies should make you understand that life is not an irreducible unit. If we derive our life from a God, and still, we die, then this source of ours too can die. So from your logic, your God is not eternal anymore. You are so contradictory in your views, smh.
he has told you the fact. .man dies cause of just rebellion back in Eden..
you and I originated from Him he is life ,,he lives in you and me,life without him is truly a waste
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Mintayo(m): 11:27pm On Oct 03, 2013
Empty.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 04, 2013
enjoyment, fulfilment
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Kay17: 7:52am On Oct 04, 2013
Christianity is such a nihilist religion that the absence of God breaks down all morals and meanings of life. Which further suggests life has no inherent meaning.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 04, 2013
striktlymi:

I believe that would be a 'life' that conforms with the will of God.

Is God subject to his will?
Re: What Is Life Without God. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:56am On Oct 04, 2013
Marvelous.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 04, 2013
Humans dey never cease to amaze me bunch of ungrateful beings who re so ignorant of dere existence...if u refuse to worship him he will pick up stones to do dat job.. ..ah dont argue wit atheist because dey re baseless
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

Hmmm...

What really is death? How does one die? What really informs our thoughts about the notion of death? Is death really substantive? Can it be measured? How do we derive it without relating it to life? Does death mean an absence of life? Or does it mean a 'state' of non-existence? Do we truly go back to that 'state' non-existence?

If we can become non-existent then we make non-sense of basic science. As far as we know, humans can neither create nor destroy matter. The best we can do is transform matter from one state to another. In the same vein, humans can neither create nor destroy energy. The life we have can be related to some form of energy which has it's source from the 'Ultimate Energy' who I choose to call God.

Just as energy (our lives) cannot be destroyed but simply transformed, so too this 'Ultimate Energy' cannot be destroyed or as you put it: "die". Humans do not really die (strictly speaking). Our bodies get transformed into some other form while our lives (or spirits) go back to its source (God). When these transformations take place, we simply attribute this to death.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Chubhie: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2013
If you understand that there is the physical and meta physical part of existence, you may elect to blank your mind and pretend there exists nothing outside of the world of perception and live your life to the fullest and enjoying the best of the sensual pleasures of the material plane. But, to what end? Return to your maker,acknowledge him and live an holy life on the foundation of Christ. Your source/father in heaven loves you so much even upon all the mockery you do subject him to and only wishes you don't die in your sins/ignorance.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 04, 2013
aManFromMars:

Is God subject to his will?

It depends on what you mean. If by "will" you mean one's intent or desires then the simple answer would be NO!!! Based on the definition I gave, humans are not subject to their individual wills, how much more God?

Now choosing to abide by your will is quite a different ball game because then you do things not because you are bound or forced to do them but because you chose to. A classic case study will be the ish with Jesus doing the will of his Father.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 04, 2013
Kay 17: Christianity is such a nihilist religion that the absence of God breaks down all morals and meanings of life. Which further suggests life has no inherent meaning.

In that sense Christianity does not reject every beliefs or sense of morality. To the one 'exposed' to the Christian way by 'revelation', yes you prbably are right but when it comes to one who knows 'nothing' of the Christian way then your thoughts are quite incorrect.

#Life indeed would have no meaning without God because he is life.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by ooman(m): 8:28am On Oct 04, 2013
Ajibam:
he has told you the fact. .man dies cause of just rebellion back in Eden..
you and I originated from Him he is life ,,he lives in you and me,life without him is truly a waste

that is just the jewish myth recorded in the bible, that holds no water.

If we originated from him, from what did he originate?
Re: What Is Life Without God. by ooman(m): 8:34am On Oct 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Hmmm...

What really is death? How does one die? What really informs our thoughts about the notion of death? Is death really substantive? Can it be measured? How do we derive it without relating it to life? Does death mean an absence of life? Or does it mean a 'state' of non-existence? Do we truly go back to that 'state' non-existence?

guy, you are confused. Maybe the question you should spend your time asking is what is life, then you will understand death. From your post, you dont even understand life, to now talk of death.

striktlymi: If we can become non-existent then we make non-sense of basic science. As far as we know, humans can neither create nor destroy matter.

That is wrong, matter has been created. Through nuclear reactions, we have created new elements. Am sure the word you are looking for is energy, that is what cannot be created or destroyed, not even your god can try.

striktlymi: The best we can do is transform matter from one state to another. In the same vein, humans can neither create nor destroy energy. The life we have can be related to some form of energy which has it's source from the 'Ultimate Energy' who I choose to call God.

Wrong again, it is energy that can be transformed. We have created new elements, just check your periodic table. 99 elements occur naturally, but our periodic table is running into 120+ elements, do some reading will you?

striktlymi: Just as energy (our lives) cannot be destroyed but simply transformed, so too this 'Ultimate Energy' cannot be destroyed or as you put it: "die". Humans do not really die (strictly speaking). Our bodies get transformed into some other form while our lives (or spirits) go back to its source (God). When these transformations take place, we simply attribute this to death.

Life is not an irreducible unit. When you understand this, you will understand why there can't be a god.
Re: What Is Life Without God. by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

guy, you are confused. Maybe the question you should spend your time asking is what is life, then you will understand death. From your post, you dont even understand life, to now talk of death.

Yeah right!!! The questions a bit problematic for you?

ooman:
That is wrong, matter has been created. Through nuclear reactions, we have created new elements. Am sure the word you are looking for is energy, that is what cannot be created or destroyed, not even your god can try.

Wrong again, it is energy that can be transformed. We have created new elements, just check your periodic table. 99 elements occur naturally, but our periodic table is running into 120+ elements, do some reading will you?

I bet you confuse the words: "Create" and "Make". Know the difference and probably we could have an interesting discourse.

ooman:
Life is not an irreducible unit. When you understand this, you will understand why there can't be a god.

Guy you are beginning to bore me. Common dude, don't tell me you've lost form.

#By the way, how ya gal?
Re: What Is Life Without God. by ooman(m): 8:58am On Oct 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Yeah right!!! The questions a bit problematic for you?

ah, so funny

striktlymi: I bet you confuse the words: "Create" and "Make". Know the difference and probably we could have an interesting discourse.

we created or made matter, same way you think your god did.

striktlymi: Guy you are beginning to bore me. Common dude, don't tell me you've lost form.

#By the way, how ya gal?

life is not an irreducible unit, you have a proof to the contrary? am all ears.

my gal dey, find yours tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Quiz Of The Day ??? / Power Against Destiny Manipulators / Please Help Ooo... I Cant Die In Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.