Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Why are flat footed people not allowed in the military? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why are flat footed people not allowed in the military? (4871 Views)

Why Is Jesus Not Allowed In Capital Letters On Nairaland. / Nairaland: A Social Network Where Members Are Not Allowed To Socialize Freely / Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why are flat footed people not allowed in the military? by TrebleChamp(m): 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
I wanted to apply for the Nigerian Immigration Service recruitment 2013 but noticed that there was no information on the basic requirement needed on there website. Not prepared to waste my money, i consulted uncle Google and came across this page http://www.jobgurusng.com/mobile/jobs/vacancies/index.php?_n_Id=7286 It turned out I wasn't eligible afterall due to age limit. But what caught my attention is the issue of flat foot, so am asking how having a flat feet/foot will affect performance in the military or paramilitary (as in the case of Nigeria Immigration Service). I Google it but didn't get the answer I was looking for.
Re: Why are flat footed people not allowed in the military? by LordReed(m): 4:31pm On Oct 03, 2013
TrebleChamp: I wanted to apply for the Nigerian Immigration Service recruitment 2013 but noticed that there was no information on the basic requirement needed on there website. Not prepared to waste my money, i consulted uncle Google and came across this page http://www.jobgurusng.com/mobile/jobs/vacancies/index.php?_n_Id=7286 It turned out I wasn't eligible afterall due to age limit. But what caught my attention is the issue of flat foot, so am asking how having a flat feet/foot will affect performance in the military or paramilitary (as in the case of Nigeria Immigration Service). I Google it but didn't get the answer I was looking for.

First off, you need to change the title the syntax is not correct. eg why are flat footed people not allowed in the military

The view that flat footed persons are not effective in military service is held the world over. Here is a similar answer:

Flat foot people don't usually get into the army because of not only the boots they have to wear, but the Army has to travel by foot a lot. There are already multiple foot problems in the Army and a flat footed person would have many more problems with their feet and possibly hold up their unit. Having flat feet has nothing to do with firing off a rifle.
The above is not true. the doctors at MEPS will tell you if your flat feet are disqualifying or not. If your flat feet are symptamatic (painful) then they will disqualify you, or if you have ever been prescribed custom orthotics by a doctor. If they are asymptamatic (not painful) then the doctor will tell you if you can join or not. source: http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r40_501.pdf
Re: Why are flat footed people not allowed in the military? by LordReed(m): 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
TrebleChamp: I wanted to apply for the Nigerian Immigration Service recruitment 2013 but noticed that there was no information on the basic requirement needed on there website. Not prepared to waste my money, i consulted uncle Google and came across this page http://www.jobgurusng.com/mobile/jobs/vacancies/index.php?_n_Id=7286 It turned out I wasn't eligible afterall due to age limit. But what caught my attention is the issue of flat foot, so am asking how having a flat feet/foot will affect performance in the military or paramilitary (as in the case of Nigeria Immigration Service). I Google it but didn't get the answer I was looking for.

First off, you need to change the title the syntax is not correct. eg why are flat footed people not allowed in the military

The view that flat footed persons are not effective in military service is held the world over. Here is a similar answer:

Flat foot people don't usually get into the army because of not only the boots they have to wear, but the Army has to travel by foot a lot. There are already multiple foot problems in the Army and a flat footed person would have many more problems with their feet and possibly hold up their unit. the doctors at MEPS will tell you if your flat feet are disqualifying or not. If your flat feet are symptamatic (painful) then they will disqualify you, or if you have ever been prescribed custom orthotics by a doctor. If they are asymptamatic (not painful) then the doctor will tell you if you can join or not. source: http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r40_501.pdf
Re: Why are flat footed people not allowed in the military? by TrebleChamp(m): 6:53pm On Oct 03, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Flat foot people don't usually get into the army because of not only the boots they have to wear, but the Army has to travel by foot a lot. There are already multiple foot problems in the Army and a flat footed person would have many more problems with their feet and possibly hold up their unit. the doctors at MEPS will tell you if your flat feet are disqualifying or not. If your flat feet are symptamatic (painful) then they will disqualify you, or if you have ever been prescribed custom orthotics by a doctor. If they are asymptamatic (not painful) then the doctor will tell you if you can join or not. source: http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r40_501.pdf
Title corrected, thanks for pointing that out. And thanks for the reply too, I can see u are not just a tech guru.

(1) (Reply)

Goodbye NL / Annoying Male Nairalanders. / Joined For Life: Will This Dicephalus Conjoined Twin Marry One Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.