Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

How To Stop Unsolicited Sms & Calls From Glo, Mtn, Airtel, Etisalat Etc - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop Unsolicited Sms & Calls From Glo, Mtn, Airtel, Etisalat Etc (14007 Views)

NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / How To Share/transfer Mb/data On MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Unsolicited Sms & Calls From Glo, Mtn, Airtel, Etisalat Etc by TechyGuy: 3:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
Enough of the whining, take control of your phone, determine who can send you sms or call.
Stop all those annoying sms and calls from short codes and hidden/private/restricted numbers.
This is specifically for Smart devices. If you use Nokia Touch-light, pele oh, I can't help you.

We are in the age where phones are now "smart".
You can easily decide what numbers should call or text you.

Let me quickly run through Blackberry and Android phones. What applies with these 2 will hold in most other platforms (Iphone, Windows phone, Symbian etc)

BLACKBERRY

1. Use CALL CONTROL downloadable from Appworld. You can set-up a blacklist in several criteria.
- All unknown numbers (i.e. you can stop all hidden/private numbers from calling you)
- Specific country/area code (i.e. you can stoop calls from any number that starts with +234 for example)
- Just add codes/numbers to a blacklist and enable call control

2. PHONE WARRIOR downloadable from Appworld. You can block sms and calls from unwanted sources.
3. SMS Blocker can also block sms.

ANDROID

1. You can use both the native call and sms applications to block both calls and sms respectively.
Long press on any SMS and add to spam. To block calls, long press on the number and add to "Reject List".
2. Use CALL CONTROL for android. Download the app from play store and create your Blacklist.
3. You may also download "Caller ID & Block Calls, Texts". This is actually the PHONE WARRIOR in Blackberry but for android.

NB: I will advice not to block 121 (Glo customer care no.), 180 (MTN customer care), Etisalat and Airtel customer care numbers. If they are to reach you, lets say you applied for a job there, you are on your own oh cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Sms & Calls From Glo, Mtn, Airtel, Etisalat Etc by lance4luv(m): 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
Please this matter is really annoying, I can hardly sleep.
@TechGuy, those Blackberry apps are not free.
Please if anybody knows any other means of blocking these annoying calls and texts please help us.
Even if it is to dial something like *35*suntin#
Please let us know.
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Sms & Calls From Glo, Mtn, Airtel, Etisalat Etc by lance4luv(m): 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 / MTN, 12 Telcos Face N5m Fine Over Unsolicited SMS, Calls / The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.