Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. (1273 Views)

Windows 10: Microsoft REALLY Wants You To Stop Using Google Chrome And Firefox / Pirated Windows To Get Free Upgrade To Windows 10 / Tricks To Make Your Pirated Windows Xp A Genuine Windows Xp! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. by alwaysng(m): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
I recently felt the urge to stop using pirated software. 90% of the software I use is pirated. to make it worse, we have five (5) PCS in our Cyber cafe which uses pirated copy of Windows 7 and Office 2007.
I was able to find alternative open source applications software that are fair enough but I am hooked in getting cheap windows 7 for five (5) PCs.
Let for me, I would have gladly converted my Laptop to Linux but I run a mini cyber cafe, and their is need to use what people are used to in public places.
I want reformat everything with legal copies and free/open source applications. I can also afford office 365 per year for five (5) PCS

PLEASE don't judge or condemn me. just comment if you have any good advise and alternative way out for me.

Thank you.
Re: I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
ur free!
Re: I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. by alwaysng(m): 11:05am On Oct 07, 2013
Don't we have people using genuine software on Nairaland? what of Cyber Cafes?
Any help will be appreciated.

thanks.
Re: I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. by alwaysng(m): 10:17am On Oct 10, 2013
The truth is that software piracy is theft.
What I am looking for is a genuine cheaper way of buying software. maybe a promo/auction website.
I know alot of people here are not using pirated software. eg Seun.
Re: I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. by NnamdiN: 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
21k for software ni

Isn't the owner a billionaire already grin abegi how much fairly used lappy dey cost lol
Re: I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. by ikecinho(m): 8:33am On Oct 12, 2013
NnamdiN: 21k for software ni

Isn't the owner a billionaire already grin abegi how much fairly used lappy dey cost lol

60K for my fairy used toshiba corei3 wit 500gb and 4gb ram.
Call me if ur interested
Re: I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. by NnamdiN: 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
ikecinho:

60K for my fairy used toshiba corei3 wit 500gb and 4gb ram.
Call me if ur interested
was a rhetorical question bro grin I need lappy sha. Can't afford 60k now. If u would consider 40k Lemme know.
Re: I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. by routik(m): 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
Seun na our regular customer for Computer Village.

I doubt. maybe in the past, not now.
Re: I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. by ikecinho(m): 8:22am On Oct 15, 2013
NnamdiN: was a rhetorical question bro grin I need lappy sha. Can't afford 60k now. If u would consider 40k Lemme know.
Bro I can't sell it 40k.
55k is last ,I think I have tried for you,the laptop is corei3 and very neat.
U can check the price on jumia its 84and that's d prices I bought it last month.
Re: I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. by Seun(m): 11:51am On Oct 15, 2013
The following tips are for the average user and not the OP:

The first step is to buy a laptop or a branded desktop. Every laptop or branded desktop comes with a free copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8, properly licensed and free of charge.

The next step is to search for the best open source softwares that do the things that you need. If you're a software developer like me, this is easy. Just pick an excellent open source language like Python and an open source IDE like eclipse. Everything you need to get your work done will be available as a free download somewhere on the net. For office workers, try Google Docs and Open Office. Try to use Gimp for image editing.

The third step is to find a place to buy other closed source software when you need it. You can use the Internet for that and buy your software from the developers' website directly, if you have a means of payment.

For the OP: go for it. Try buying that software from the Internet or try calling Microsoft Nigeria to ask them about where to get it in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Stop Using Pirated Software, Especially Windows. by alwaysng(m): 11:52am On Oct 20, 2013
Thank you Seun. at least I wasn't wrong. It's not bad to make things right, especially now that I still have the opportunity.

(1) (Reply)

Do U Think Is Possible To Guest Recharge Card Or Scrash Card Pin / Reduce Your Electrical Bill Up To 80%, With Inverter...sale Repair & Install, / How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.