Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,243 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories (2777 Views)

Reason For Creating Islam Section With Ridiculous Conditions / PROTESTANTISM EXPOSED: 38 Most Ridiculous Things Martin Luther Ever Wrote / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by vanhelsing(m): 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
What are the Most Unbelievable stories you've Read in the Bible? I mean that book is Riddled with absurdities but some come out as Total crap.
Top on the list for me would be the story of the TOWER OF BABEL.(I disbelieved this even as a child) God became afraid that humans might become too great and eventually usurp his "Godship",hence he caused a divide in their tongue,thereby stifling their plans of constructing their Tower that is definitely not as tall as the STATUE OF LIBERTY.
Man has since traveled to space...

GEN 11:6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

I mean the Nigga got scared...lmao,He is supposedly omniscient,was he on leave when they began with the foundation? Or he worked under the law of probability too? (Maybe/Maybe not)
There's also one about a single dude killing 1000 philistines with a donkey's jawbone
What are some absurdities you've read from that book?

1 Like

Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by bambuzz88: 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
[We] know that throughout his life Leonardo questioned dogma and expressed his doubts about the literal interpretation of the Bible. For example, in the eighteen pages of the notebooks that Bill Gates purchased for $30.8 million, Leonardo questions the biblical explanation of the Flood. 'Here a doubt rises, and that is: whether the Flood which came at the time of Noah was universal or not. And it would seem not, for the reasons which will now be given. We have it in the Bible that this deluge lasted 40 days and 40 nights, of incessant and universal rain, and that this rain rose to ten cubits about the highest mountains in the world. And if it had been that the rain was universal, it would have covered our globe which is spherical in form. And this spherical surface is equally distant in every part from the centre of its sphere; hence the sphere of the waters being under the same conditions, it is impossible that the water upon it should move, because water, in itself, does not move unless it falls; therefore how could the waters of such a deluge depart, if it is proved that it has no motion? And if it departed how could it move unless it went upwards? Here, then, natural reasons are wanting; hence to remove this doubt it is necessary to call it a miracle to aid us, or else to say that all this water was evaporated by the heat of the sun' (Gelb 16-17).

Leonardo found evidence in fossils, rock formations, and the movements of water that the Earth was much older than the Bible and Roman Catholic Church taught. "Recognizing the fossils as remains of once-living organisms, . . . Leonardo reasoned that such fragile shells could not have been swept so far inland and survived intact. He also noted that the fossils commonly lay in successive rock layers, evidence that they were deposited by multiple events rather than by only one. And he observed that groups of different fossil shells found together resembled the living groups assembled in coastal waters. For all these reasons, Leonardo correctly concluded that the fossils came from animals which once inhabited an ancient sea that covered the land" (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1697/was-leonardo-da-vinci-religious).

In his own words, he says, "Since things are far more ancient than letters, it is not to be wondered at if in our day there exists no record of how the aforesaid seas extended over so many countries; and if, moreover, such record ever existed, the wars, the conflagrations, the deluges of the waters, the changes in speech and habits, have destroyed every vestige of the past. But sufficient for us is the testimony of things produced in the salt waters and now found again in the high mountains far from the seas" (Nuland 106).

Perhaps most impressive is the mysterious phrase, "The sun does not move," which stands by itself in capital letters among his writings. It is likely that da Vinci correctly concluded before Copernicus and Galileo that the sun, not the Earth, is the center of the solar system. This truth obviously contradicted the official teaching of the Roman Catholic Church during that time. However, it also contracts the teaching of the Bible.

Psalm 93:1 teaches that the Earth stands still, while Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that the sun orbits it.

Here is Psalm 93:1: "The LORD reigns; he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed, he is girded with strength. Yea, the world is established; it shall never be moved;" And here is Ecclesiastes 1:5: "The sun rises and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises." So, according to these two Bible verses, the Earth does not move and the sun goes around it.

An Earth-centered universe explains how the sun could stand still in the Book of Joshua.

Joshua 10:12-14 proclaims, "Then spoke Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD gave the Amorites over to the men of Israel; and he said in the sight of Israel, 'Sun, stand thou still at Gibeon, and thou Moon in the valley of Ai'jalon.' And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies." The purported miracle was that God stopped the sun from rotating around the Earth. This was a miracle because the sun supposedly always moves around the Earth.

About a century after Leonardo's death, another famous Italian genius, Galileo Galilei, was found guilty of contradicting the Bible by teaching that the Earth orbits the sun. The following is part of the "Sentence of the Tribunal of the Supreme Inquisition against Galileo Galilei, given the 22nd day of June of the year 1633". "We say, pronounce, sentence, and declare, that thou, the said Galileo, by the things deduced during this trial, and by thee confessed as above, hast rendered thyself vehemently suspected of heresy by this Holy Office, that is, of having believed and held a doctrine which is false, and contrary to Holy Scriptures, to wit: that the Sun is the centre of the universe, and that it does not move from east to west, and that the Earth moves and is not the centre of the universe: and that an opinion may be held and defended as probable after having been declared as contrary to Holy Scripture"
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by noblefada: 4:03am On Oct 05, 2013
The mystery of the Tower of Babel, 99.999% of people (including xtians) don't understand what happened or what it meant. Forget what u were taught in Sunday school, its actually very far from it. Among the very minute fraction that have unravel this mystery, many are unbelievers and are using this to their advantage.
Many will not understand what I just wrote and I sincerely doubt if any that understand will comment on this thread, it's a very ancient secret and has been well guided for years.
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by bambuzz88: 8:38am On Oct 05, 2013
noblefada: The mystery of the Tower of Babel, 99.999% of people (including xtians) don't understand what happened or what it meant. Forget what u were taught in Sunday school, its actually very far from it. Among the very minute fraction that have unravel this mystery, many are unbelievers and are using this to their advantage.
Many will not understand what I just wrote and I sincerely doubt if any that understand will comment on this thread, it's a very ancient secret and has been well guided for years.

point of correction, it's a very ancient secret and has been well guided for years from close minded individuals like you
only knowledege can set you free from your heavy chains of delusion
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by vanhelsing(m): 8:40am On Oct 05, 2013
Do you mind telling me what this "well guided secret" is?
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 05, 2013
FRONT PAGE MATERIAL
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by crackhaus: 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
I smell a conflagration of warric proportions given purpose by the ignorance-infested maladjusted comments of e-heathens and faceless word titans coming soon...
Till this thread makes it to the critically despised but highly coveted frontpage of Nairaland, I keep eyes glued like shiit on aszz.
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
The Christian Digest
- Prophet swallowed by gigantic fish, says stomach walls make luxurious accommodation.

- Virgin fiancé of carpenter gives birth to kid; Prophet Zechariah finally speaks, reveals secret meeting with Angel.

- The inside story of Jesus' arrest: area boy reveals how his ear was healed by miracle man.

- Terror in the synagogue: God's son goes on rampage, destroys wares and property worth millions.

- Do you smell what's cooking? God's son leaves wilderness after 40 days fast, holds bread and fish banquet.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
crackhaus: I smell a conflagration of warric proportions given purpose by the ignorance-infested maladjusted comments of e-heathens and faceless word titans coming soon...
Till this thread makes it to the critically despised but highly coveted frontpage of Nairaland, I keep eyes glued like shiit on aszz.
hey prof wole soyinka i did not know you have a nairaland account cheesy
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
the story of Noah has to be the most ridiculous fairytale ever

I mean, seriously, over 250,000 species of animals, both herbivorous and carnivorous in one ship? how did four people feed them all? including the insects. all inside a ship that is half the size of Titanic

5 Likes

Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
aManFromMars: The Christian Digest
- Prophet swallowed by gigantic fish, says stomach walls make luxurious accommodation.

- Virgin fiancé of carpenter gives birth to kid; Prophet Zechariah finally speaks, reveals secret meeting with Angel.

- The inside story of Jesus' arrest: area boy reveals how his ear was healed by miracle man.

- Terror in the synagogue: God's son goes on rampage, destroys wares and property worth millions.

- Do you smell what's cooking? God's son leaves wilderness after 40 days fast, holds bread and fish banquet.

basketmouth i hail oooo. cheesy shocked cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by onetrack(m): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2013
2 Kings 2: 23-24 A prophet sensitive about his baldness

23: From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24: He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
vanhelsing: What are the Most Unbelievable stories you've Read in the Bible? I mean that book is Riddled with absurdities but some come out as Total crap.
Top on the list for me would be the story of the TOWER OF BABEL.(I disbelieved this even as a child) God became afraid that humans might become too great and eventually usurp his "Godship",hence he caused a divide in their tongue,thereby stifling their plans of constructing their Tower that is definitely not as tall as the STATUE OF LIBERTY.
Man has since traveled to space...

GEN 11:6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

I mean the Nigga got scared...lmao,He is supposedly omniscient,was he on leave when they began with the foundation? Or he worked under the law of probability too? (Maybe/Maybe not)
There's also one about a single dude killing 1000 philistines with a donkey's jawbone
What are some absurdities you've read from that book?

The same way he is gonna confuse humans into starting a war to fulfill end time prophecies; the collapse of human civilization my brethren is the same as the collapse of the tower of Babel gringringrin Yahweh is great, only to those who know him!

Zechariah 13:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Amos 5:8 (King James Version (KJV)

8 Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The Lord is his name:

The EARTH is YAHWEH's Farm.... the time for harvest is here, be vigilant bruv!

1 Like

Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by vanhelsing(m): 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
Genesis 30:37-39
There's also the one about Jacob and Magical Genetics,Humanity was Lucky Mendel didn't have this Mindset.
Laban was Taking all of Jacob's spotted and striped herd,Jacob got bored of having just plain-colored cattle...Hence,The most unbelievable Trick in Mankind's history. Jacob got sticks and painted stripes on them,placed the sticks where his cattle would see them while mating And voilà! the offspring from these copulation were striped. What on Earth is Going on here?
It would require stark Lunacy to even consider the veracity of this
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by crackhaus: 6:06am On Oct 07, 2013
obadiah777: hey prof wole soyinka i did not know you have a nairaland account cheesy
I have my days sire, that was one of those days... grin
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by crackhaus: 6:11am On Oct 07, 2013
vanhelsing: Genesis 30:37-39
There's also the one about Jacob and Magical Genetics,Humanity was Lucky Mendel didn't have this Mindset.
Laban was Taking all of Jacob's spotted and striped herd,Jacob got bored of having just plain-colored cattle...Hence,The most unbelievable Trick in Mankind's history. Jacob got sticks and painted stripes on them,placed the sticks where his cattle would see them while mating And voilà! the offspring from these copulation were striped. What on Earth is Going on here?
It would require stark Lunacy to even consider the veracity of this
While I'll admit I find your theories quite interesting, I will say this to you as the author of this thread;
Study to shew thyself approved my brother, rightly dividing and dissecting the word of truth.
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 17, 2015
The Tower of babel story does not make any sense.
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by Nobody: 8:27am On May 18, 2015
in those premium days of NL.... hmmm never thought I'd see this post again.
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by Readwarn(m): 12:13pm On May 18, 2015
Christians on board be staying mute now.
Lmao
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
Bump.
Re: The Most Ridiculous Biblical Stories by CAPSLOCKED: 7:02am On Jun 30, 2016
bambuzz88:
[We] know that throughout his life Leonardo questioned dogma and expressed his doubts about the literal interpretation of the Bible. For example, in the eighteen pages of the notebooks that Bill Gates purchased for $30.8 million, Leonardo questions the biblical explanation of the Flood. 'Here a doubt rises, and that is: whether the Flood which came at the time of Noah was universal or not. And it would seem not, for the reasons which will now be given. We have it in the Bible that this deluge lasted 40 days and 40 nights, of incessant and universal rain, and that this rain rose to ten cubits about the highest mountains in the world. And if it had been that the rain was universal, it would have covered our globe which is spherical in form. And this spherical surface is equally distant in every part from the centre of its sphere; hence the sphere of the waters being under the same conditions, it is impossible that the water upon it should move, because water, in itself, does not move unless it falls; therefore how could the waters of such a deluge depart, if it is proved that it has no motion? And if it departed how could it move unless it went upwards? Here, then, natural reasons are wanting; hence to remove this doubt it is necessary to call it a miracle to aid us, or else to say that all this water was evaporated by the heat of the sun' (Gelb 16-17).

Leonardo found evidence in fossils, rock formations, and the movements of water that the Earth was much older than the Bible and Roman Catholic Church taught. "Recognizing the fossils as remains of once-living organisms, . . . Leonardo reasoned that such fragile shells could not have been swept so far inland and survived intact. He also noted that the fossils commonly lay in successive rock layers, evidence that they were deposited by multiple events rather than by only one. And he observed that groups of different fossil shells found together resembled the living groups assembled in coastal waters. For all these reasons, Leonardo correctly concluded that the fossils came from animals which once inhabited an ancient sea that covered the land" (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1697/was-leonardo-da-vinci-religious).

In his own words, he says, "Since things are far more ancient than letters, it is not to be wondered at if in our day there exists no record of how the aforesaid seas extended over so many countries; and if, moreover, such record ever existed, the wars, the conflagrations, the deluges of the waters, the changes in speech and habits, have destroyed every vestige of the past. But sufficient for us is the testimony of things produced in the salt waters and now found again in the high mountains far from the seas" (Nuland 106).

Perhaps most impressive is the mysterious phrase, "The sun does not move," which stands by itself in capital letters among his writings. It is likely that da Vinci correctly concluded before Copernicus and Galileo that the sun, not the Earth, is the center of the solar system. This truth obviously contradicted the official teaching of the Roman Catholic Church during that time. However, it also contracts the teaching of the Bible.

Psalm 93:1 teaches that the Earth stands still, while Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that the sun orbits it.

Here is Psalm 93:1: "The LORD reigns; he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed, he is girded with strength. Yea, the world is established; it shall never be moved;" And here is Ecclesiastes 1:5: "The sun rises and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises." So, according to these two Bible verses, the Earth does not move and the sun goes around it.

An Earth-centered universe explains how the sun could stand still in the Book of Joshua.

Joshua 10:12-14 proclaims, "Then spoke Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD gave the Amorites over to the men of Israel; and he said in the sight of Israel, 'Sun, stand thou still at Gibeon, and thou Moon in the valley of Ai'jalon.' And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies." The purported miracle was that God stopped the sun from rotating around the Earth. This was a miracle because the sun supposedly always moves around the Earth.

About a century after Leonardo's death, another famous Italian genius, Galileo Galilei, was found guilty of contradicting the Bible by teaching that the Earth orbits the sun. The following is part of the "Sentence of the Tribunal of the Supreme Inquisition against Galileo Galilei, given the 22nd day of June of the year 1633". "We say, pronounce, sentence, and declare, that thou, the said Galileo, by the things deduced during this trial, and by thee confessed as above, hast rendered thyself vehemently suspected of heresy by this Holy Office, that is, of having believed and held a doctrine which is false, and contrary to Holy Scriptures, to wit: that the Sun is the centre of the universe, and that it does not move from east to west, and that the Earth moves and is not the centre of the universe: and that an opinion may be held and defended as probable after having been declared as contrary to Holy Scripture"

ABSOLUTE WASTE OF SPACE!

(1) (Reply)

Fishing Season Is Over. Its Time For Hunting And The Biggest Hunter Is In Town / An Eternal Universe : A Proof For God's Existence ? / "There Is No Fire In Hell" - Dr. Abel Damina Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.