Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Providing Food And Money For Your Parent Is It God's Commandments Or Africa Cult - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Providing Food And Money For Your Parent Is It God's Commandments Or Africa Cult (718 Views)

20 Killed In Renewed Benin City Cult War / 10 Commandments For A Youth(guy) To Be Successful / The Best Social/forum/dating Site In Nigeria Or Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Providing Food And Money For Your Parent Is It God's Commandments Or Africa Cult by muskham(f): 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
I grew up in life to see everyone in Naija struggling everyday trying to please their parents by providing for their daily or monthly needs. If you are short of this it's apparent you will be labelled a 'dry face child'. Or not reliable.
This act had eaten deep into us that everyone decided to get money by all means to be the best child or the most relevant person in the family.
My thought is this. Is this what God commanded us to do as children to our parents or what the culture had done to us.
In western countries it's the other way round. No matter your age, it's your parents that provides for you .even if you work, they will still give you pocket money.
Support your reply with koran and bible verses please.
Re: Providing Food And Money For Your Parent Is It God's Commandments Or Africa Cult by muskham(f): 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
muskham: I grew up in life to see everyone in Naija struggling everyday trying to please their parents by providing for their daily or monthly needs. If you are short of this it's apparent you will be labelled a 'dry face child'. Or not reliable.
This act had eaten deep into us that everyone decided to get money by all means to be the best child or the most relevant person in the family.
My thought is this. Is this what God commanded us to do as children to our parents or what the culture had done to us.
In western countries it's the other way round. No matter your age, it's your parents that provides for you .even if you work, they will still give you pocket money.
Support your reply with koran and bible verses please.
pardon the topic pls . African culture.
Re: Providing Food And Money For Your Parent Is It God's Commandments Or Africa Cult by hotmolo(m): 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
Av often wonderd same. Its d african culture. Abroad, u see children rich wit houses nd cars yet de hardly spare a tot to der parent. But ova here it is considerd a taboo to b rich wyl ur parent go hungry. I support d african tradition. It is sayd in d bible dat train up a child in d way he shld grow nd he wil not depart frm it. To me its a sign of a well traind child.
Re: Providing Food And Money For Your Parent Is It God's Commandments Or Africa Cult by dasparrow: 9:11am On Oct 05, 2013
@Post

It is African culture and sadly many Nigerian or African parents abuse it. You will see a selfish poverty-stricken Nigerian couple birth so many children that they can hardly take care of all because they feel that at least one child of the many children will take care of them. I consider that wicked and selfish. I am of the firm belief that parents who were abusive or intentionally brought children into this world to suffer untold hardship do not deserve to be taken care of in old age. My opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Chaos On Ajah Road In Lagos As Trailer Kills Five School Children / For People Who Want To Be Banned By AntispamBot Only / Why Say ''REST IN PEACE'' when you don't mean it?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.