Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? (4106 Views)

How Much Can You Send Using Western Union And Paypal Nigeria Dailly? / How To Transfer Money Using An ATM / Transfer Money To Other Bank Accounts Accross Nigeria Using UBA Atm Mastercard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
Please I am hoping to be sending money from abroad on a monthly basis to people back home.

Please how can this be done without using western Union and paying their high fees?

Ideally would like to find a fee-free way to send money.

could be sums of a $100 at a time.

thanks.
Re: How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by thoth: 7:26am On Oct 06, 2013
Use a Bank transfer. You can open a domiciliary account at a bank at your country of residence and have a relation in Nigeria create a Domiciliary account . many banks charges about 0.5% of the total amount and there is usually no charge at the receiving end.
Re: How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by naijacutee(f): 9:51am On Oct 06, 2013
The problem with direct bank transfers are

- You'll likely get the least competitive rate available
- They usually have a minimum charge for transferring money, which makes it unfeasible for small amounts. I bank with HSBC and this minimum is £21 per transfer. Transferring $100 (about £65) would reduce the total amount transferred to £54 which is slightly ridiculous.

I tend to use smaller, independent money transfer services like Global Link (smallworldfs.com) which would pay directly into the beneficiary's account, and would charge about $10 for sending $100. Their rates are updated daily, and charges based on daily rates can be calculated on their website. It's not entirely fee free, but it's a start.

Hope this helps

Re: How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by dheaven: 10:18am On Oct 06, 2013
If you don’t like western union use money Gramm.
Re: How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by smithjohn1(m): 10:26am On Oct 06, 2013
When transferring a large sum of money abroad, the best option is to use a Foreign Exchange
Re: How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by thoth: 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
really don't know the details of the operation but i send money($1500-$2000) regularly to Nigeria(every month). i use bank transfers. more than 0.5 has never been deducted.
Re: How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
Use Worldremit.com. It is a very effective means. And it is cheap too.
Re: How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by birdman(m): 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
thoth: Use a Bank transfer. You can open a domiciliary account at a bank at your country of residence and have a relation in Nigeria create a Domiciliary account . many banks charges about 0.5% of the total amount and there is usually no charge at the receiving end.

seconding this. several new generation banks are very good with this and wont charge your recipient. The only charge will usually be the 30 bucks you pay at your original bank for starting the transfer
Re: How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 12, 2013
Thanks toth.
I seems bank transfer is the way to go .

0.5% seems very reasonable.

I can simply send the money less frequently and send larger sums ($1000-$2000) at a time to get around the issue of minimum charge mentioned by naijacutee.
Re: How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by texaco1: 9:05am On Oct 12, 2013
Maybe I can help
Re: How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by zeal22(m): 2:03am On Oct 13, 2013
Call Fidelity Trueserve on 080034335489. We have over 40 third party agents worldwide.

Fidelity Bank PLC
Re: How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by NimerexDiaspora: 5:47pm On Mar 04, 2020
Use Nimerex for all your money transfer transactions. You can easily send money to Nigeria from the USA and even make it a recurring transaction. We give great dollar to Naira conversion rates and you can send directly to the receiver's bank account. Visit www.nimerex.com to get started or download the Nimerex app on your mobile device to get started.

Re: How Can I Transfer Money To People In Nigeria Without Using Western Union? by Chukatabra: 6:12am On Mar 26, 2023
People talk western union and world remit bla bla but I found them to be quite expensive, at least compared to these guys I stumbled on during my research of cheaper but just as fast alternatives:

https://blog.sanatransfer.com/best-way-to-send-money-to-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Mulberry Extract Powder / Guinness Nigeria Grows Profit By 249% To N6.7bn, To Pay 184 Kobo Dividend / Buying And Selling Of FOOD STUFFS In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.