Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? (14878 Views)

Who Do You Prefer Jackie Chan Or Jet Li ? / Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li. Who Do You Think Will Win. / Real-life Fight: Donnie Yen Vs Jet Li (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2013
I am watching a movie titled The Forbidden Kingdom. both men fought in the movie. i give it to Jackie chan...
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by Kaycee7(m): 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
This seems like a front page thread.
First to comment.
*Dancing etighi* grin grin grin
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by Kaycee7(m): 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2013
Jet Li's the better martial artist being , not just a pro, but a wushu title holder. But Methinks Jackie is the better fighter since he utilizes his surroundings better.
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by prof800(m): 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
Kaycee7: This seems like a front page thread.
First to comment.
*Dancing etighi*
for your mind...
---
OP, pls don't ask this kind of question again...they are both very outstanding martial artists.
If you had said who is the better stuntsman?...I would have picked Jackie Chan.
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by kay9(m): 10:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
Best STUNT artist... Jackie Chan

Best MARTIAL artist... Jet Li

As for who wins in a 1-on-1 unaided no-weapons fight, thats easy... Jet Li is so gonna whoop Jackie Chan's asss. grin

It doesn't get any simpler than that. cool
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by Caracta(f): 10:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
Jackie! Jackie!! Jackie!!! My sweet uncle kiss I got his eyes grin

He is older than Jet Li but he is good. Plus his sense of humour. Jackie is a box of talents. A skillful martial artist. He is better!
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by vcvibes(m): 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
A question for the Gods
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by iamSi(m): 11:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
Of cos Jet Chan _

1 Like

Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 06, 2013
kay9: Best STUNT artist... Jackie Chan

As for who wins in a 1-on-1 unaided no-weapons fight, thats easy... Jet Li is so gonna whoop Jackie Chan's asss. grin

guy the fight I watched was a no-weapons fight. Jackie is just too much
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by Kaycee7(m): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
okpara ugo:

If you mean Forbidden Kingdom, I wouldn't count it. The special effects ruined the fight for me.
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by emvic: 11:13am On Oct 07, 2013
Kudos to Jackie chan
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by longjohnsilver: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2013
kay9: Best STUNT artist... Jackie Chan

Spot on...even though jackie can also be a badass wen he is serious buh my money is on jet li for that fight
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by Anuoluwap(m): 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
[b]Don't tell me Jet li won a wushu made him a better fighter. Do you even know if Jackie chan had the chances to participate in wushu? Don't argue just go ahead & read their life stories.
Jet li has nothing to show for his wushu in most of his movies. If you think jet li's skills wows you then I advise you to go to "behind the scenes of his movies" all you see is the unseen rope that makes his skills look awesome.
Almost all actors use such tricks but you won't find it in most of jackie chan's movies. He uses tricks but very rare. He prefers to put his life on the line in fighting & stunts which makes him the real deal. That's what I call a hero! Most people think lowly of Jackie because of his extreme sense of humour. And if you think jet li can beat him then think twice because it isn't easy to be a fighter & a stunt person @ the same time. Stunt person doesn't get tired easily.
The day I salute jackie was when I watched, "rumble in the bronx"
his incredible jump in that movie still opens my mouth wide open. Don't tell me wushu stuffs. The hero is jackie! Oya start criticising......[/b]
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by Anuoluwap(m): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
Kaycee7: This seems like a front page thread.
First to comment.
*Dancing etighi* grin grin grin
fp? This topic comes up evrytym it's nt new
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by kay9(m): 9:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
longjohnsilver: Spot on...even though jackie can also be a badass wen he is serious buh my money is on jet li for that fight

You know your onions, bro.

okpara ugo:

Bros forget The Forbidden Kingdom; that movie was just a box office stunt. If you wanna rate Jet Li in an unaided fight, reference his Bruce Lee classic remake... The Fist of Legend. wink We all love Jackie (and he's a better ACTOR, to be honest), but Jet Li totally killed it in that movie. The dude effortlessly pulled off a mix of ''rigid'' chinese kung fu and the more flexible japanese karate. If u've ever seen Jackie that bad-asss, abeg direct me to the movie.

Funny enough, the person i rate as kinda on par with Jet Li, martial arts wise, is Donnie Yen. Yeah, that dude sabi sha.
Re: Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? by kay9(m): 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2013
Anuoluwap:
Almost all actors use such tricks but you won't find it in most of jackie chan's movies. He uses tricks but very rare. He prefers to put his life on the line in fighting & stunts which makes him the real deal...

Stunt person doesn't get tired easily. The day I salute jackie was when I watched, "rumble in the bronx" his incredible jump in that movie still opens my mouth wide open...

^^
This is how students manage to score zero in Waec's english comprehension passages. Dude, the argument is NOT who does better stunts/tricks; it is WHO IS A BETTER MARTIAL ARTIST. And by martial arts, we mean kung fu, karate, tae kwondo, wushu, kick-boxing... Kapish?? angry

Now, if you wanna discuss doing hard tricks or stunts or jumping over 9 ft walls, then kindly open a new thread and we'll trash it out there. Oh, and by the way, Jackie wins my vote in that category. smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Court Restrains Dstv From Increasing Subscription Fees / Spartacus Season 4: War Of The Damned' / Jack Bauer Is Back: TV Thriller '24' To Return In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.