Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

"The Future" A Nairalander's Little Draft - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "The Future" A Nairalander's Little Draft (510 Views)

The Lord Of All Things Broken: Unfinished First Draft. Fantasy +scifi Novel / 5 Steps To Completing Your First Draft / Can You Help Me Write This First Draft: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"The Future" A Nairalander's Little Draft by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2013
I can now dream of the future, of tall white buildings with gleaming roofs, of clear blue skies with soft clouds.

I no longer dream of the past, of times when I would see myself running far, aimlessly. Gone are those days when I wake up screaming, clutching my sweat-drenched pyjamas, & looking round the room, in fear.

I still have flashes though, flashes of that thin line between dreaming & waking up, where I am in a space I created for myself. No invaders, no noise, except the beating of my frightened heart.

I can now look out of our window & see the garden, filled with tall flowers. Gone are those days when it was just a space filled with stones...

Perhaps, the garden represents my life, once like an empty land without fruit, but now a meeting place for butterflies I only see in my dreams...

THE END.
Don' t copy please.

(1) (Reply)

Splendid Story / Rhythm Of A Broken Heart / The Poet's Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.