Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group (894 Views)

Who's Going To Afrika Kommt 2016 Assessment Centre In Kenya Next Month? / Incredible Woman: Story Of Nigeria’s First Blind Photographer / Somali Girls Are Most Beautyful In Africa (second Part Discussion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group by cj1080(m): 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
This post is for security operatives, a place we people can consider the different kinds of security threats facing this country and seek out ways to combat them.

Arguments here will be constructive and also speculative.

An perceived notion will be anaylised by all.

So please let your imagination and skill work off on this.
Re: Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group by cj1080(m): 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
No let me start off with one particular area.

Please I repeat this is a threat accessment and analysis Discussion to see how people or our security operative and government agency respond to what ever scenerios members of the public put up in this discussion.

It also should be seen as an adversory to security agencys on how to react, and on public opinions on reactions to a perceived threat.

This is fictional and not to be regarded as real.
Re: Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group by cj1080(m): 1:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Now that all the legal stuff is out of the way.

Let input our first threat accessment.

If a perceive explosive device is parked within near or around the vicinty of the national assembly complex, how you it's removable be handled?

Comments please.
Re: Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group by Sirniyeh(m): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is a difficult task. I think fire-fighter should be contacted to begin shower the person that will go and remove it with water incase it may explode.
Re: Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group by hakanai(m): 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
cool
Re: Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group by fr3do(m): 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
The sale of fertilizers and other materials with which bombs can be improvised should be monitored.
Re: Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group by psky: 8:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
cj1080: Now that all the legal stuff is out of the way.

Let input our first threat accessment.

If a perceive explosive device is parked within near or around the vicinty of the national assembly complex, how you it's removable be handled?

Comments please.

The police man, who must be wearing pink, as bombs are less reative when exposed to that colour, must recruit the best prayer warriors around the area. Of course we all know the best prayer warriors will be our honorable members themselves. After hard praying and singing, they must strip themselves of all clothing, carry the bomb, shout "let justice be done", and knack it on the ground.

Worked once in my area. cool
Re: Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group by cj1080(m): 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
psky:

The police man, who must be wearing pink, as bombs are less reative when exposed to that colour, must recruit the best prayer warriors around the area. Of course we all know the best prayer warriors will be our honorable members themselves. After hard praying and singing, they must strip themselves of all clothing, carry the bomb, shout "let justice be done", and knack it on the ground.

Worked once in my area. cool

Lol, that's a funny one.
Re: Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group by cj1080(m): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
fr3do: The sale of fertilizers and other materials with which bombs can be improvised should be monitored.

Currently that is being monitored. Why do you think the state of bombings have reduced
Re: Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group by cj1080(m): 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sirniyeh: This is a difficult task. I think fire-fighter should be contacted to begin shower the person that will go and remove it with water incase it may explode.

An option, but it would be best first to send sniffer dogs in first to confirm that there are indeed explosives in or around the vehicle or device.

Next would be to locate the device within the area or vehicle.
Re: Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group by hakanai(m): 12:20am On Oct 07, 2013
For me i think Nigeria is still largely unchanted. Why is because we still have people using forest and bush to organise and commit crimes on a large scale. I say is time we get a mounted unit not for ceremonial parades but for remote,rural,board monitoring and forested area patrols.the horses are cheap and will cost less grazing in the wild. Now say ypu have an expeditionary unit of 50 armed horse riding troops scout the remote areas one can proudly say no hidden BH camp,armed robbers den,marauding armed nomads or ethnic militias encampment etc.
Before that we need improved communications and a rapid response squad.what annoys me is till date neva heard someone suggest how to respond and how long to respond to any kinda of security issues. Often times is hours.cuttung to say 30mins in naija is enough to countr criminal s to reduce the carnage. Well say it happens to a VIP you will be shock at the swift response and resource allocated.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Facts You Should Know / Front Page: Latest ATM Interbank Fraud Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians. / Where Is Sexkillz???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.