Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed (2808 Views)

N Gage 2.0 Download For Unhacked Phones? / ***:::N-gage Zone:::*** / Best ****n-gage**** Gamez Played Ever****** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by Bamiprof(m): 12:51am On Jun 07, 2006
For sometime now i've been trying to download some games all to no avail recently i noticed dat i culd download below 100kb games and nothing above dat.Wat can i do to change dis trend
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by hayprof(m): 11:09am On Jun 07, 2006
well i think and i suggest dat phone is too complex 4 ur brain. Y? coz i'v played wit one b4 and believe me i dozed off while configuring it. Do u see wot I mean
Well i culd still offer u a hand just pm me,
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by Bamiprof(m): 7:03pm On Jun 15, 2006
Please i need help to be able to download java games on my phone.When i want to download any game above 100kb it just won't download.Please help
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by Bamiprof(m): 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2006
Please i need help to be able to download onto my phone.I've tried to download any thing within 100kb anything above that won't load.
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by habibat(f): 7:27pm On Jun 15, 2006
Bamiprof:

Please i need help to be able to download java games on my phone.When i want to download any game above 100kb it just won't download.Please help

wat is dis looking 4 in romance cant u go search 4 it in games undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by diddy4(m): 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2006
no need being harsh on him. he made an honest mistake, he prolly didnt know d rules and from his post counts, he is pretty much new to the forum. seun will put the thread where it rightly belongs.

@Topic

what is d maximum limit for the file size u can download? if it is 100kb den im afraid you cant go pass the 100kb, unless u have an external memory for the phone.
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by instinct(m): 11:28pm On Jun 15, 2006
bobs wetin Nokia dey find for romance shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by habibat(f): 8:17am On Jun 16, 2006
instinct:

bobs wetin Nokia dey find for romance shocked shocked shocked
i dont know ooooooooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by iice(f): 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2006
Whats your model? Do u have enuf memory space? coz sometimes the memory does not allow do stuff on your phone
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by Bamiprof(m): 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2006
@iice the model of the phone is N-gage and it has a considerable memory space.
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by hayprof(m): 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2006
Av u heard what diddy4dt said u cant go pass 100kb use a memory card. Ok?
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by iice(f): 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2006
Yeah N-Gage, so u're trying 2 load something more that 100kb? what do u want 2 load? Just anything?
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by drogba(m): 9:17am On Jun 17, 2006
The 100kb limit is from Nokia, it was done to make you buy the .sis symbian card games which is what the N-gage was positioned to sell, sorry,
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by dakmanzero(m): 11:15am On Jun 21, 2006
Hmmm, drogba. I dont think thats the case.

there's no 100k limit on Ngage games. I know this because I have owned an ngage for a year and a half now and still play craploads of games on it.

The problem the ngage has is that it supports only midp1.0.  Any midp2.0 java game will NOT work, and yes, many of them are above 100k.

the only reason for this is that lazy nokia recycled the 3650 version of java for the ngage. They probably did this because, as seen on the 6600, symbian ver2 is slow on 1st gen series 60 hardware, and the last thing u need on a gamephone is slow speed.

solution:  only play midp1.0 games. if u want to play the others, buy a more recent phone.
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by drogba(m): 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2006
My argument is still valid because Nokia want to sell their .sis gamecards too. if not, there's absolutely no reason not to include midp2.0 capability. N-gage can run .sis which is more tasking than java 2.0 games. it's a marketing strategy ok,
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by dakmanzero(m): 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2006
Actually you are right, but have a few facts mixed up (just a little)

Ngage card games are *not* .sis files.

sis games are symbian games which will work with any series 60 phone (3650, 6600,7610, etc)

There are *many* free sis games, and they are by far more advanced than most java games, because they are native to the phones and java is not.

Ngage card games are a whole different ballgame. If, like me, you are a shameless bloody pirate you will get them as folders with programs and data that yopu put ontoo a normal MMC card. I have 4 games on my ngage mmc at this moment this way. If you buy them legit, they come as those *same* folders on a special mmc that can't be copied (unless you are an ubercracker)

from the above you can see that there is no marketing reason to exclude midp 2.0 from the ngage, considering that the ngage is already capable of playing even better free games.

The reason midp2.0 is not included is simply because the ngage is a duplicate of the 3650. I own both phones and have written programs for them. The ngage suffers many setbacks because of this idiotic decision by nokia, but I can't blame them because the (even worse) 6600 shows what happens when you try to shoehorn an advanced phone OS onto inferior hardware.

Also, the ngage had to be cheap. Instead of subsidizing, nokia went the daft route and used outdated hardware. their loss,
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by drogba(m): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2006
if N-gage games are not .sis, what are their extensions then?
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by dakmanzero(m): 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2006
.sis stands for 'symbian installation system'

its a method for packaging games *for download*

an NGAGE game is never meant to be downloaded. its supplied on a card. as such, the game doesnt have an extension- it is a collection of files representing programs and data. In fact, sis and jar files contain similar structures, but, as I earlier noted, archived into a singular file.

You will find that most software for symbian phones, even non-nokia phones like the p800, are stored in .sis files.
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by hayprof(m): 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2006
@dakmanzero :How then do we get to know midp2.0 games?
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by hayprof(m): 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2006
@Bamiprof :So much for ur n-gage dat dakmanzero & drogba av to slug it out 4 u.
Lotz of luv on Nairaland!
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by dakmanzero(m): 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2006
Unfortunately, there isn't really a way to determine what midp it is, if you are pirating it (which I assume you are)

if you are buying the game,then it should be plainly stated on the site which MIDP the game is targeted at.

but we are all bloody pirates anyway so just fire on with trial and error. Try it , if it works enjoy! if it doesnt, cast it in a bin and move to the next one. Life is short, gotta enjoy what u can when u can,
Re: Nokia N-gage Java Help Needed by hayprof(m): 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2006
Ok now! Datz d deal!

(1) (Reply)

The Most Surprisingly Gorgeous Smartphone We’ve Seen Is Now On Sale In The U.S. / #150 Mtn Unlimited Plan / I Hate Tecno Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.