Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,392 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Continuity In Him-pls Whats The Key (i Know Its Not An "In Nut a Shell Stuff") - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Continuity In Him-pls Whats The Key (i Know Its Not An "In Nut a Shell Stuff") (443 Views)

Panama Papers: TB Joshua's Shell Company In Offshore Haven Revealed / Continuity In Life / Nigerian Population Is 50% Muslim, 40% Christian, Whats The Other 10%? Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Continuity In Him-pls Whats The Key (i Know Its Not An "In Nut a Shell Stuff") by fumisko(f): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hi. Am 19, pls i need some help right now about some things, my major question is how does one continue in christ like what keeps the fire burning what keeps the relationship going ever strong with christ. its so easy for me to serve christ say 6months and then like 1month my body or flesh wants to take a rest(like it just becomes dry and somehow i loose it again to senseless sins(quite stupid and i know) or things that are not worth it like i just feel to neglect prayer, acknowledging God. its like an abeg free me issue i need a break. i dont know whether to say its a "familairity brings contempt issue" and then am back again after like 2weeks or a month. this is really hindering my spiritual growth and during that say 2weeks to 1month am totally disconnected miserable sometimes into depression, i disconnect from people around me sometimes i just start crying on my own and am frustrated and yet i cant help falling. its like a compulsion stuff. i love the lord crazily and i know and love his Holy Spirit so much with my all. am after nothing from God right now just except to know him and be so full of him till am overflowing. its all i see myself living for right now. i hated life before and tried suicide before but life had no meaning until i was with him this about 4 yrs now but there has been no stability. infact life was bleak till i knew him. i even dont see or know what am going to do with my life and how to live it. its like why was i born self. like nothing in the world is interesting to me. except this one love i found since. i also get tired of my friends sometimes and take a break too or change them am even scared that i wont be able to live with my husband for long like i would get tired too. so my question is how can i continue with him as in long term like i see in my mentors benny hinn, Bishop Oyedepo, Kathryn Kulhman, Smith Wigglesworth, Tozer, A.A Allen, Jack Coe etc(their fire dint go down even though they were so full of God as in familiar with God). i pray every day and spend time in worship everyday like 45 min to 1hr.30min and fast 2-3 times in a week and i know him, i have experienced him and he has made himself so real to me and the Holy Spirit my sweetest friend for real i know is the one that makes me so miserable when i loose my source over and over. so in addition to worship, wordstudy, praying e.t.c's of them all. how can i continue forever with my lover without short term break and keep hurting my love.(sorry for the long writeup, just had to express myself)
Re: Continuity In Him-pls Whats The Key (i Know Its Not An "In Nut a Shell Stuff") by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 14, 2013
Hi there smiley

First, you need to know that this is not unique to you. It is the case with all of us Christians. The only ones who aren't conscious of it or deny it are actually not very spiritually sensitive. But changing seasons are perfectly normal in our lives here on earth.

The reason God permits it is to prevent us from worshipping a feeling, sensation or whatever. He should be your God no matter what or where.

For now, your only trouble is that you suffer periods of dryness. This is good for you. Apart from the fact that it drives you to seek the Lord even more and fans the flame of your desire for Him, it actually is preparing you for the really tough times when you might even wonder if the Lord has abandoned you.

Such times as these are the times He uses to draw His children closer to Himself. Such times as the times when nothing can please them or satisfy them are the times when they are able to discover more of His value and appreciate Him more. It is also in such times that they learn to harness His Gifts and Victory to bring their environment into obedience to Him.

These times are secret times. Even when you try to verbally share them with other people, they don't get it well enough for you to feel like someone is sharing your pain. That is one reason that you think that the men you.mentioned never had downtimes. They all did and said as much but it's hard to appreciate it when you hear them say so unless you have been there fully.

You need to know that it is a good time for you. It is in that time that your prayer becomes real and powerful and your understanding is opened to receive God's Word. It is the time that God plows you and prunes you to bear fruit. It is when you should labor in true prayer.

I have tried to explain it because a lack of understanding or appreciation of such times leaves you open to temptation and susceptible to sin when they come. I should know. Been there smiley

Let me know if you don't understand anything I've just said or need any more explanation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prayer-buddies.com / 5 Things to Look For In A Pastor / Is There No Fishers Of Men In Our Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.