Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Open Invitation To Igbo Traditionalists - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Open Invitation To Igbo Traditionalists (612 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wedding Invitation & Details,To Marry Wuraola Obanor Next Saturday / A Question For Pagan9ja and Fellow Traditionalists out there. / Traditionalists Dare Ogun Govt Over Oro Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Invitation To Igbo Traditionalists by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:53am On Oct 07, 2013
DUe to the lack of sufficient threads on Igbo Religion and Spirituality (Odinani), when compared to Yoruba Religious Threads,

I hereby invite the following people and anyone else who is interested, to give us a discourse on Igbo Religion (Odinani), in the Religious Section :

Andre Uweh
Odenigbo Aroli
Odumchi
ChinyeneN
Re: Open Invitation To Igbo Traditionalists by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Open Invitation To Igbo Traditionalists by macof(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2013
I see u made another thread about this.

The main problem the igbo traditional system is facing is CHRISTIANITY
now am not here to bash Christianity but to preach the goodness in African religious traditions.

Christianity covers about 70% of the whole population of Religious Igbos and We all know the discriminating attitude by Christians and Muslims towards Traditionalist. The few remaining Pagans are being labelled as Evil doers, worshipers of Satan.

Pastors preach everything they can to deviate the igbos away from their ancestral foundations. I once heard about a woman who changed the names of her children from Igbo names to the equivalent english translations, She claimed she was told by her pastor that such names are what the devil uses to bring down her family. Thats just stupid talk, changing igbo names to the direct english translations and u think If peradventure the igbos names brought evil, changing it to their direct english translations would change the course of such evil. This am sure happens with a lot of Ibos, infact Africans.

Church goers should be conscious of their pastors motives, these pastors are the devil u are supposed to be running away from,
Imagine, I was watching this "CHAMPIONS TV" in my uncles house, The pastor was casting out demons and the demons said they were ancestral family spirits, that have destroyed her career and marriage. I wonder If a such an ancestral spirit truly existed, isnt his job suppose to be protection and blessing to the children of the family. why also destruction. and why is it that these so called demons are always coming every week, claiming to be from the family, or marine spirit bring down the image of spirits like Yemoja, spirit over the marine world (I dont know what the water goddess is called in Igbo) and bringing down the family into a status of demonic worship. Its the things they see and learn in these churches that make them hate their traditions and demonize their ancestral religion.

CHRISTIANITY. NO 1 ENEMY OF AFRICANISM

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think The Fufu Nation Will Split In Half? / Human Sacrifice For Installation Of New Ooni Of Ife? What Head Of Deities Said / The Difference Between A Britsh Facebook Post & Nigerian Facebook Post.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.