Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,828 members, 7,956,144 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:19 AM

Glo Charging Customers For Advertising On Their Phones! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Charging Customers For Advertising On Their Phones! (1017 Views)

don't trust people that locks their phones / What Unintelligent People Do With Their Phones / What Intelligent People Do With Their Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Charging Customers For Advertising On Their Phones! by Ogetogeo(m): 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
Good day people.

I migrated to the GLO bounce package when it was launched, in the terms and conditions I never saw anything like callertune as part of the plan cus I don't really use those.
Fast forward, one month later. I just woke up one bright morning and wanted to make a call with the balance of 100 naira I supposedly left there the previous night, but as I dialed the number, I was hearing something else. Checked my balance and the 100 was gone into thin air.
Was wondering if my kids used my phone till I called GLO CC and I was told that it was deducted to renew "my caller tune", when I protested that I never asked for any in the first place, the lady told me it was part of the bounce package, free for the first month and then monthly 100naira renewal.
I had to use my other phone to dial my glo number in other to hear what "music" they placed there but lo and behold it was GLO advert for "recharge to stardom promo".

The question here is why force a caller tune on your subscribers without their consent, placing advert on their lines without notice and worst still billing them for it?

Is this not an infringement?
Re: Glo Charging Customers For Advertising On Their Phones! by stonedlive(m): 7:37am On Oct 08, 2013
hi pls check ur mail
cheers
Re: Glo Charging Customers For Advertising On Their Phones! by luluosas(m): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ogetogeo: Good day people.

I migrated to the GLO bounce package when it was launched, in the terms and conditions I never saw anything like callertune as part of the plan cus I don't really use those.
Fast forward, one month later. I just woke up one bright morning and wanted to make a call with the balance of 100 naira I supposedly left there the previous night, but as I dialed the number, I was hearing something else. Checked my balance and the 100 was gone into thin air.
Was wondering if my kids used my phone till I called GLO CC and I was told that it was deducted to renew "my caller tune", when I protested that I never asked for any in the first place, the lady told me it was part of the bounce package, free for the first month and then monthly 100naira renewal.
I had to use my other phone to dial my glo number in other to hear what "music" they placed there but lo and behold it was GLO advert for "recharge to stardom promo".

The question here is why force a caller tune on your subscribers without their consent, placing advert on their lines without notice and worst still billing them for it?

Is this not an infringement?

I am sure you never bordered to read the FAQ attached to the Bounce plan.
Here is No. 7 of the FAQ

7. What other benefits do I enjoy on Bounce?
A. Peeps rate: Customers on Bounce can call other Bounce customers at a heavily discounted rate of 5K/s and send SMS to same at N3.
Campus zone: Customers who are under the sites classified as campus sites enjoy onnet calls at 5K/s. Customers must opt for this service and it is exclusive to Glo Bounce.
Free night calls: Use N30 between 00:01 and 23:59 and enjoy free onnet calls from 00:00 to 04:59 every day.
Zero Facebook: Enjoy free Facebook browsing
Free data: Get 30MB free on recharge of N200 and above. Valid for 7 days.
Free RBT: One month free RBT to be enjoyed by customers on migration to Bounce Unlimited
Free SMS: Enjoy free SMS on every charged SMS sent (onnet, offnet or IDD). Free SMS can only be used for SMS to all networks in Nigeria.

Visit http://www.gloworld.com/nigeria/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/FAQs-GLOBounce.pdf for the complete FAQ. Thank you.
Re: Glo Charging Customers For Advertising On Their Phones! by Valto(m): 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
I am on glo bounce too... I received a message sometime back that my glo callertune will soon expire, that i should opt out with some code or ignore the message to subscribe. I simply replied the message immediately and opted out... So, @op while am not holding brief for glo, but u simply didn't follow the procedure of opting out stated in the text sent to u by glo.
Re: Glo Charging Customers For Advertising On Their Phones! by Ogetogeo(m): 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
luluosas:

I am sure you never bordered to read the FAQ attached to the Bounce plan.
Here is No. 7 of the FAQ

7. What other benefits do I enjoy on Bounce?
A. Peeps rate: Customers on Bounce can call other Bounce customers at a heavily discounted rate of 5K/s and send SMS to same at N3.
Campus zone: Customers who are under the sites classified as campus sites enjoy onnet calls at 5K/s. Customers must opt for this service and it is exclusive to Glo Bounce.
Free night calls: Use N30 between 00:01 and 23:59 and enjoy free onnet calls from 00:00 to 04:59 every day.
Zero Facebook: Enjoy free Facebook browsing
Free data: Get 30MB free on recharge of N200 and above. Valid for 7 days.
Free RBT: One month free RBT to be enjoyed by customers on migration to Bounce Unlimited
Free SMS: Enjoy free SMS on every charged SMS sent (onnet, offnet or IDD). Free SMS can only be used for SMS to all networks in Nigeria.

Visit http://www.gloworld.com/nigeria/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/FAQs-GLOBounce.pdf for the complete FAQ. Thank you.

Where was it stated that there would be an automatic renewal? and the price?
Why should the caller tune be GLO advert and one still billed for it? Was that stated there too?

I expected to see you here defending your beloved GLO but do please tell them to stop advertising on subscribers lines its illegal.
Re: Glo Charging Customers For Advertising On Their Phones! by Ogetogeo(m): 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
Valto: I am on glo bounce too... I received a message sometime back that my glo callertune will soon expire, that i should opt out with some code or ignore the message to subscribe. I simply replied the message immediately and opted out... So, @op while am not holding brief for glo, but u simply didn't follow the procedure of opting out stated in the text sent to u by glo.

You received such message? You must be either lucky or special cus me and my 4 other family members that are on bounce never got such. I had to call again to get the code to opt out, that was after I have been debited.
Re: Glo Charging Customers For Advertising On Their Phones! by luluosas(m): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ogetogeo:

Where was it stated that there would be an automatic renewal? and the price?
Why should the caller tune be GLO advert and one still billed for it? Was that stated there too?

I expected to see you here defending your beloved GLO but do please tell them to stop advertising on subscribers lines its illegal.
No, I am not defending GLO here but just trying to tell you what is involved as I know. Please, don't be offended with my position. Thank you.
Actually, GLO do notify their subscribers on RBT two days ahead of expiring, so that you can opt out if you want to or, simply do nothing while your subscription will be renewed automatically, after 2 days of SMS notification.

(1) (Reply)

How To Root HTC Desire X / My Friend Need A Tecno 7 Inch Tablet Android Just Above Jelly Bean / The Current Price Of Infinix Joypad 7 Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.